>tfw addicted to eating unhealthy, sugary foods on an almost daily basis

How do I stop?

Other urls found in this thread:

ucsf.edu/news/2014/08/116526/do-gut-bacteria-rule-our-minds
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We must get addicted to avoiding sugar lol

Low crab it

quit acting like a subhuman bitch and man-up

Stop buying them. It's a lot easier to exercise willpower at the grocery store (especially if you're not shopping while hungry) than it is when there's a package of candy right in your pantry.

Stop eating junk food, dumb shit.

Stop eating

Stop buying

Convert to honey master race

You're lucky OP. There's a multitude of sugar substitutes out there.
I'm a salt addict. We got one: potassium, and do much of that shit will kill ya.

>i'm addicted to cigarettes, how do i stop?
>just stop smoking, dumb shit

Sounds about right

It's so hard tho. I'm literally eating sweets right now as I type this.

Honey is still sugar, dumbass. There's no statistical difference in terms of health outcomes or predictors for studies that compare the two.

do you want diabetes?
stop eating sugar and other forms of sucrose.
You probably drink milk too, that has plenty of lactose, even more so if it's skim milk.
Don't eat low-fat anything, they replace the fat with sugar.

you don't. 10 billion years from now the healthy people won't be any better off than the 500 lb walmart people

Here's a cool party trick: get a stopwatch, walk up to a smoker, tell them to "just stop smoking, dumb shit" and time how long it takes for them to punch you in the face.

I'm with ya OP. I think I'm addicted to eating sugary food, salty food and fatty food and I'm not sure how to resist the temptation to eat it when it's ever present. I don't control the shopping in my home, unfortunately, and diplomacy has failed.

Vdry, very slowly I weaned off of it. It took a long while but I'm officially sugar free.

El oh el.

Thank you. Fucking weak-willed cu/ck/s. Never gonna make it.

cold turkey

Today I've eaten:

7 cream filled biscuits
9 gummy lollies
1 honey, chocolate and cranberry nut bar
1 can of coke

>tfw I have the same problem

its hard. and the ignorant idiots saying just quit eating should think before they speak, will power can only get you so far, 70% of the people in the USA are overweight if it was so easy to do it people would. The same for smokers and druggies if it was so easy for them to quit, they would.

We need to seriously start looking at this problem some other way, for one thing that makes sugar addiction different than drugs or nicotine is that we literally have evolved to want sugar and eat all the sugar we can get our hands on.

i wonder if one took the same kind of meds that help alcoholics quit if it would help with sugar addiction.

I obviously can't tell you what will work for you but for me, quitting pop cold-turkey was the easiest way for me to eat healthier.

how did you deal with cravings for something sweet?

I just drink Diet Coke for when I get a sweet tooth. And aspartame isn't bad for you unless you're eating 10 lbs a day, stop spreading this meme

>asian market is 9 blocks away
>can litterally take train and be there in 5 minutes
>they sell gigant bags of gummis, any kind and good brand, at 1/5 store price
>half off pepperidge farms double chocolate brownie cookies
>anything thats not the delicious traditional cookies can get as low as 25% price
>they get smoked salmon for dirt cheap
>they get all kinds of pate for the same price the supermarket asks for cheese dip
>shrimp, raw bacom by the pound
oh god, im freaking lucky im poor right now, if i ever get out of this rough times i will become a candidate for the fattest man alive

user, there are no free lunches.

if they can sell the same product that much cheaper cool. more likely it is not the same product.

Asian markets usually have buyers who demand lower prices than western markets, plus they have lower overhead. Employees are often paid as little as possible because their poor English skills make them unemployable elsewhere, and they're often in locations with cheaper rent.

actually i can explain it.
There are food regulations on importation meaning that you either sell local or you pay elevated taxes on your food.
This was a retarded policy because as soon as it got implemented local produce prices went through the roof
So they had to manate for salarys to be higher
meanwhile most grocery stores in the country are asian and there is an actual mafia that controls them
asian market used to sell fresh fish and ingridiets asian restaurants use but since they are also controlled by the mafia they are able to bring food from other neighboring countrys tax free
so now my shitty local mustard costs the same as german or french mustard.
Granted fish and pork are still expensive but they carry the most quality yo can get
man asians are like the anty jew

bullshit, margins on groceries are laughable.
"normal grocery stores" dont make money from the groceries themselves but from slotting fees/shelfing fees they charge distributors and manufacturers and on top of that their bulk money comes from the sale of soft drinks and chips.

also grocery stores get better prices than your mom and pop "asian market" stores because they can buy in quantity for a week that mom and pop stores will buy in half a year.

Replace the candy with fruit then

Do not, my friends, become addicted to sugar. It will take a hold of you, and you will resent its absence.

stop eating, OP

If you cut food out entirely... you will not eat sugary foods.
"But I need to live!"
~~ no, you don't!
Incremental changes man, Buddha said change is constant, just keep that in mind and picturize your goal. Each step starts with one journey my man

>mom and pop "asian market
all the stores on the asian market operate with 5 open registers plus people handeling both the fish and meat, i dobut there are less than 12 people working one at any given time compared with grocerys that are run by 3 or 4 people, they sell both bulk fish, bulk rice that you cant get anywhere else nor in smaller size and tons of other bulk ingridients.
I have no idea what your sad small town passes for asian market

Eat something with protein and fiber instead because that's what your body's actually asking for

you niggas suck, i used to eat like 800g of candy every week, but stopped half a year ago and hasn't been a problem.

sure, i get the occasional craving, but usually something else to satiate you will do fine

Cold turkey, bitch.
Get rid of all sources of sugar in the house. You won't get tempted if there's nothing to be tempted by. Give yourself a cheatday to work for once every 2 weeks.

No cheat days
only cheaters cheat. To give up sugar is to purify oneself of the base animal nature. Lying, cheating, and sugar. It's all or nothing dear friends

Just don't buy them or have them in the house.

If they're not available, you can't eat them.

When I go to my local grocer, the baked goods isle is right by the deli, and it's pure suffering, but I persevere.

That's an excellent question, I still have these cravings as well. Perhaps there is merit to what has to say.

Just go low on carbs, I started my diet around 1.5 months back, lost 27lb & never craved for any sugar, only drank water for nearly a month.

that's what i did faggot

They still buy their food from the same place as other stores except they can't make bulk deals like other stores do because their store is to small. So if their prices are lower its not the same food.

There is another option, there is a underground network of food purchasers from regular people off the street for less than what the food is worth as a way of trading food stamps for cash. If you tell me these Asian markets are getting their groceries in that fashion then I can see them being cheap. Otherwise it's not the same food, they can be selling you damaged/banana box groceries for all you know.

That works though, especially if you can chain smoke yourself sick before quitting cold turkey, the negative association really helps.

Find a new addiction
I smoke

The most disgusting thing I tasted was a regular milk chocolate bar after 6 months of ketogen eating. It literally tasted like "solid sugar-vegetable oil block with tiny bit of cocoa flavour". It's amazing how eating sugar in big masses on a regular basis numbs the senses and brain.

What's the problem with this greentext?

Apparently so much it made you go on a meme diet

quit caffeine.

Become addicted to salty (non-sugared) meats instead. Nobody shames anyone for that.

>eating chocolate as i read this

That's literally how I stopped smoking cigarettes and drinking alcohol. I just decided to stop, then did.

That was back on March 28, 2012

You don't just randomly decide to stop being addicted to stuff you faggot. If it was that easy addiction wouldn't exist.

Addiction affects everyone differently. I'm not saying his advice is good though.

>eat pretty healthy generally
>rarely have candy/sugary foods
>have coke with every meal
>drink coke even when not eating
>4 coke a day minimum
I just don't understand what you drink with meals if not soda

Nothing. Or water. Or milk and milk alternatives.

Why not drink sparkling water or water?

I've taken to flavored sparkling waters. Really great for weening yourself onto water pretty exclusively. You'll eventually wonder how you drank anything so sweet so frequently.

Hey man, I quit sugar. Te way I did it was t have a fruit smoothie when I was craving sweets. Try that. Note: this only helps to quit processed/refined sugar

I don't understand how people crave sugar-water with a meal. I can't imagine alternating bites of good food with soda.

I grew up drinking Diet Coke and never got a taste for sugary sodas. Now I only drink water, club soda/sparkling water, beer, wine, etc., but I definitely was almost addicted to Diet Coke for some time.

When I was in university I would start drinking Diet Coke again around exam time. After a few days, it is literally all I wanted to drink. I'm not sure if it is a physiological thing or nostalgia or what, but that's what happens if I drink it frequently for a few days.

If I order food and they give me a sugary soda instead of Diet Coke I don't drink it. I find the taste off-putting, but it is more the idea of consuming that much sugar and calories in a drink. I'd rather eat a hamburger or something good than soda.

this whole thread is super fucking neckbeardy

you can eat anything you want if you don't go fucking mental on it

saying 'daily' makes no sense, you could be eating less than someone who eats it once a week in a big blowout.

Just be yourself :^)

Stop buying it
That's what I did

.....i.I don't know what to say man use some self control

If you don't then your gut bacteria will get upset and mind control you so to speak. I got really depressed and anxious. Took a bite of a donut and the thoughts went away. Now that you know this, you can see it happen and not be controlled by your gut.
ucsf.edu/news/2014/08/116526/do-gut-bacteria-rule-our-minds

juice, water

cold turkey, one day at a time, keep your day count, and go to overeaters anonymous.

i'm not even fucking joking. you need help.

Go low carb. If you have cravings, eat more fat. Still have cravings? Eat more fat.

Man you HAVE to fucking stop your addiction now.

I am 357lbs.
Here are all the sugary items I have eaten or beveraged (I can't remember the word for eating beverages) today

1 2L bottle of Vanilla coke
2 small bags of skittles
1 Hershey bar
10 Pixy Stix
A Vanilla shake from McDonalds
Bowl of Reeses cereal

This is all I have eaten today, I cannot eat anything that isn't sugary. It isn't even 7pm here so I haven't had my dinner yet either. Dinner for me is usually something that might be healthy given a sugary twist. Last 3 dinners I have had:

Grilled Chicken with Cashew noodles, but I coated the cashews in chocolate and dipped the chicken in a honey/syrup mixture
Homemade Mango curry. Mango is sweet anyway but I couldn't resist stirring in some Mango ice cream.
On Monday I got myself a Meatball Marinara sub from Subway but didn't think it would be sweet enough so asked the server to completely coat the bread in honey mustard before toasting it, and finally I asked them to coat some extra cheese in honey mustard before adding them. Whole thing was so sweet but I love it.

I can't eat non sweet food anymore. I even mix sugar into my shampoo so if a hair gets into my food I don't taste something bitter.

I have diabetes

Today I've had:

About 5 or 6 chocolate chip biscuits
1 packet of Rowntree's Randoms (50g)
3 After Eight style chocolates

Sugar drinks is something I never have anymore because I fear of them rotting my teeth. I always just go sugar free. I drink sugar free squash every day, and if I ever have fizzy drinks (which is rare cos I just don't really love them that much) then I'll have Coke Zero / Pepsi Max etc. I prefer Pepsi Max to regular Pepsi anyway.

Yes sweets rot your teeth too but I don't think they're as bad as sugary, carbonated, acidic liquid cascading over your teeth.

How are you possible

You drink milk? What are you 10?

I doubt this is true, but pretty funny either way.

Here's what I do to help avoid binging on sugar

I slowly brew myself a cup of loose leaf tea, and grab myself an apple or clementine or both. I make sure to pace myself consuming it all, slicing the apple and eating it one slice at a time.

The ritual and slow paced consumption has me acknowledge that I'm no longer craving sugar before I stuff half a dozen cookies down my throat.

>fruit still has sugar
eh

Do you guys have squash in America? I drink a pint of this stuff basically every mealtime

Best to go for the sugar-free / no added sugar stuff. Still tastes really good, in fact better in my opinion. Yes it means they have sweeteners like aspartame in them but I haven't died yet.

You don't drink milk? What are you, 10?

Low calorie sweeteners have been shown to increase your appetite

Mind your portions

Yeah fruit has sugar but they're more complex sugars which means your body takes longer to break them down which means they don't give you diabetes (unless you drink loads of fruit juices then you can still get diabetes I think)

And the fibre in fruit is good for you

And because you're eating all that fibrous stuff it means the sugar in the fruit can't attack your teeth as badly as refined sugar in coke can, where the sugary liquid just sloshes all over your teeth

Infants are the only ones who should be drinking milk, and not cow's milk.

>fruit
>complex sugars
Yes fructose and glucose are very complex. The only thing that makes whole fruit slightly better than drinking juice is the fiber content.

i used to be the same way OP
quitting wasnt half as hard as I expected it to be.
simply:
>stop buying sweets all together
>gather up all the sweets you have left, portion them out into reasonable portions (use little plastic bags so you can't cheat)
>label each portion with the name of a day
>keep telling yourself some bullshit like sweets were made illegal and when your personal stash runs out, thats the end of candy for you.
sounds stupid but it works.

Stop drinking soda
Everything else goes down along with it
Or find a new addiction, this is mine.

lmao enjoy being a subhuman shitskin that can't process lactose

>frusctose
>complex
>sugar
>complex
By definition sugars are pretty fucking simple

that looks good as hell and comes in the trader joe pure cranberry juice container

too bad that stuff is worse for you than soda with all the sugar and saturated fats

>stop drinking soda (because of sugar)
>suggests another sugary drink as an addiction

No human can

Animal proteins drain nutrients from our bodies and toxify us

#Vegan

You're on the wrong board, you should be on the faggot one:

You like putting meat in your mouth

I dunno I ain't a biologist I just know that fruit is fucking better for you than refined processed sugar

This. If it's not available when the little demon inside you craves sugar, your fat lard ass probably won't drive or walk to the store to pick some up. So stop buying that shit.

anyone know what amount of sugar per day to limit yourself to?

Dead animal meat once they have been butchered and slaughtered, yes

Not cocks, like you

yes fruit is marginally better than eating table sugar

I think it's 75g, pretty sure it's what I read once and that's what I always go with

You know man, maybe you should hire someone to beat the shit out of you whenever you try to take a bite into some sweets at home.
How many calories is that? You should be ashamed of yourself.
Made in china gummies, yummm.
HFCS does that to you.
Water. Coffee. Milk.

>75g
t. 300 pounder

>marginally

Objectively false

I have 6000 pounds in my savings account actually

Weight wise, I'm 10 stone / 64 kg

No one said it was "easy". I just said that's how I did it. Decided to quit, then kept on not doing it.

Have you ever considered starting a satirical blog? I would follow it.