Round 9 - May 5th - May 12th

9th round of the 5th Annual Veeky Forums Top Master Iron Chef Ultimate Nightmare Kitchen Survivor Challenge!

This is the last of the elimination rounds! If you are not part of the contestants still in the running, feel free to post along, however I will not be tallying the scores. But the more entries the better!

Here's the list of those who made the top 6!
Nack
Fantastic
dice
CookingRei
Yellowmug
Eyepatch

Reminder :
-Please timestamp your submission! Detailing the cooking process/posting a vertical is encouraged but not required. If posting multiple photos, you don't need to timestamp each one, as long as the final submission photo is timestamped.
-You MUST use a unique identifier; if you don't want to use a tripcode, you must have some other way to distinguish yourself from the other contestants, such as a cute bird or scary statue in your timestamped entry, as long as it's clearly visible and you use it consistently.

**Please try to remain nice to each other. Last thread was much better, thank you!**

Voting will be carried out in this thread. Please read the voting guidelines below.

Other urls found in this thread:

ckchallenge.blogspot.ca/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

VOTING GUIDELINES

Voting follows an 'Iron Chef' style scoring system. This means you, the people of Veeky Forums, will judge each entry individually instead of deciding on what you feel is the "best" dish.

Dishes are scored out of a total 20 points, based on 4 categories (worth a maximum of 5 points each); Presentation, Originality, Appeal and Challenge Goals. You may award 0's if you feel the contestant did not meet your expectations for a category.

-Presentation: The appearance of items on the plate; plating skills
-Originality: Creativity in composing the dish
-Appeal: How appetizing the food looks/whether or not the dish appeals to your personal taste as a voter
-Challenge Goals: How closely the entry followed the challenge goal(s)

The distinction between Presentation and Appeal: If someone submits an artfully arranged but burnt steak as an entry, it may score high in Presentation but low in Appeal.

For additional info and to see submissions from Previous years, check out the Challenge blog. (ckchallenge.blogspot.ca/)

Copypasta Scoring Format for Lazymodo

Presentation: /5
Originality: /5
Appeal: /5
Challenge Goals: /5
Total: /20

The theme of Round Nine is...

Party!

Party food. Something that makes you smile, that makes you think of good time with the people you like having around. While you're perfectly welcome to make a large spread of food, please make sure there is clearly a "main dish" because that is what people will be voting on.

Two contestants will not be moving on to the next round. Next round is the final!

Scorecard. Congrats to Fantastic for the win!

Get in touch with me for the round prize ;-)

There seems to be a problem with the scores, I got 11.2 during round 5, not 7. I think you accidently switched some people around...

What do you expect this year's challenge has been a joke from the start, there has been questionable activity if not outright cheating practically every round

Aw fuck, switched something during the sorting... let me fix that quickly.

Not surprised. I know for a fact some of the scores are wrong. Not the incorrect ones Bubble just posted, but wrong in general. I almost want to say this year is a fix.

Corrected

>party food
>something that makes you smile
>makes you think of good time with the people you like having around

Well that's rather cruel.

I picked the themes a while ago. Did not expect to be feeling rather down/fighting suicidal ideations when spring rolled around. Decided to stick with it, because fuck it.

Sorry if it made anybody else feel like shit.

These threads are extremely autistic.

Where do you think you are, faggot?

D-did you at least have fun at your friend's birthday?

sorry you're feeling down.. that really sucks, man.

on the bright side, i'm excited because i have some ideas for this one already. in the last few rounds, I wasnt really inspired and kinda just did..something, so hopefully this one'll work out better...just gotta see what the grocery store has available....

yeah. He dragged me to a pretty good burlesque show... I don't think I've laughed more in the last month then at the Drag queen/Drag King duo doing a skit themed after Ivanka & Donald Trump ending with "my heart belongs to Daddy". It was glorious, in it's twisted way.

Ideas are good :) And thanks for the concern. It'll pass, it's just kicking my ass in the mean time.

>other contestants have actually gone shopping for the challenge, and didn't just make due with what they had on hand

Thanks!

When are themes decided upon?

February, usually. I do the interest pool/theme suggestion is January then set things up after that.

Ok thank you. It sucks that I have good round ideas only after the challenge has begun.

After the final round I do a post-mortem thread, suggest them there, I'll note them for next year

Thank you Bubbles, you're the best!

I respect you Bubbles and the effort you put into this. But the fact is there remains contestant/s who've cheated all the way through this (I think we have an idea of who), and the fact that you've admitted to not counting low scores yet have happily counted up all the obviously unrealistically high scores for the samefaggy cheaters has ruined this competition and all its credibility. Sucks.

>I think we have an idea of who

YELLOWMUG
IT WAS YELLOWMUG
YELLOWMUG CHEATED
HE'S A CHEATER YELLOWMUG IS

What's worse is that Bubble even counted all of his troll scores, but those who voted him low she said, by her own words, that she discounted them. Why discount low scores and keep the high scores when it's obviously a troll score? This challenge's commissioner has no ethics if they're just going to pick and choose whose vote counts and whose doesn't.

You said it perfectly.

There is a "posters" count at the bottom of the page. Everyone is aware at this point that you are just one person replying to yourself. Fuck off.

Go to bed Yellowmug

+1 to the counter (You)

Thus begins YellowmugGate 2016

Yellow really is a stupid cunt isn't he. Way to embarrass yourself.

The fuck is this shit

Veeky Forums we made a god damn cook book and this is what you give us now in return?

Just ignore the tards. The only effect they have is making the thread hit the bump limit earlier.

>spending your entire life being a mindless sheep

>baiting this hard

>Dice in charge of having any idea what baiting means

What the fuck is party food?

How many people here have even been to parties, let alone parties where food was served?

I've been to dinner parties, but that could be anything.

>not having your parents buy your ingredients when they go to the grocery store

So do we have until Thursday now senpai?

I posted the thread a day late. Only fair that your get an extra day.

Birthdays. House warming. "Congratulations on major event X". Christmas. New Years. Family reunion. End of pf session/Surviving final exams.

Any non formal gathering of one's social circle that is ment as a reason to enjoy others' company.

bump

It's highly unlikely that anyone still in the competition at this point still lives with their parents.

I do m8. Kitchens pay shit, and living off of minimum wage blows goats. I've lived on my own before, but at this point in my life living with them just makes sense.

I do. Wouldn't make sense to put myself in horrible debt while I finish uni.

With that's 1/3 of the remaining competitors still living with their parents.

>1/3 of the remaining competitors still living with their parents

I'm going to guess Eyepatch and dice?

Eyepatch here. Yup you guessed correct.

Dice here, how did you guess?

ayyyyyyy

>how did you guess

Everyone else seems to be American, and Americans generally don't use "m8" or "uni".

>yes, i spend way too much time here

I'm American, and I say m8 ironically on the interwebs.

Hence the "generally".

Well to be fair, Canadians dont use m8 either (unironically)

Did I mention I was canadian before? I don't remember

that's fantastic! many thanks anons!

dat pun

Bump

bumpalididalidoo

Week-end bump. Happy shopping!

just let this fixed shit die

calm your tits, theres only 6 contestants left and were on the second day.

lmao @ this butthurt loser

>loser

Was never in the competition to start with. Go to bed, kiddo. These guys get it.

>these guys get it

Don't forget about all those other people in pic related.

Go to bed, kiddo.

>"I care so little about this competition that I'm going to complain in every single thread instead of hiding the thread like a grownup."

>pointing out literal facts and being amused by how furious they make you
>caring

Pick 1, kiddo.

>if you weren't sure, i'm a troll and don't actually care about the competition

Yes, we already knew that.

>a troll
these are facts, kiddo. Cover your eyes and scream 'troll XD' all you like, it doesn't change that. Bed time for you.

>"I-I'M NOT A TROLL GUIZE! R-REALLY PLS BELIEVE ME"

I'm an awesome troll, because you get buttmad as fuck when the facts are pointed out by me. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone, nice.

Keep telling yourself I'm buttmad while mindlessly repeating your irrelevant arguments, I'm sure it'll work out! You can do it!

Confirmed butthurt as fuck.

since when did 'trolling' star meaning 'telling the truth'

I see that more and more now. I mean, you can't actually deny that some competitors have been voting for themselves.

I mean, it's getting a little old that people keep pointing it out over and over again, but I wouldn't call them trolls. Just people who really really care that this competition is 'legit' for some reason. Even though it never will be so they're wasting their time.

Nice to know some people have their own mind here.

I'm struggling to decide who the shitposter is here.

For this round I present the Potluck Bloody Mary. It’s a homemade Bloody Mary with 5 different party food “garnishes”. There’s a slider (bar/finger food), a personal sized pizza (pizza party), a fish taco (Taco Tuesday), a slice of carrot cake with a birthday candle (birthday party), and a nacho base (it’s always a party when there’s nachos).

I’ve always wanted one of those absurd bloody mary’s with all the toppings but was always too embarrassed to actually order one at a restaurant. It was my birthday last week so I decided to go all out and make one for myself – this might be my last round, so I figured why not. I know not everyone likes carrot cake, but it was my birthday, not yours (I also didn’t add any nuts; deal with it).

Please don't feed the trolls.

Vertical.

Presentation: 1/5
Originality: 0/5
Appeal: 1/5
Challenge Goals: 1/5
Total: 3/20

Presentation: 3/5
Originality: 3/5
Appeal: 3/5
Challenge Goals: 4/5
Total: 13/20

I'm a bit ambivalent about this one. I really like some parts of the presentation - I like how it doesn't feel too heavy as with most food-adorned Bloody Mary's. The olive and pretzel bread look really good but you didn't make those parts and I'm not sure if you make the corn tortillas either. However, I do like how flat and round the pizza is - it's very striking. The cake looks a bit thin and dull but the candle is a cute, silly touch. I also feel the presentation towards the glass feels quite empty and the cilantro is drab. The nachos are cute though.

The olive, tortillas, and pretzel are the only things that weren't made from scratch (I also haven't figured out a way to distill my own vodka yet).

When Bubble made the round suggestion thread I actually asked that there isn't more than one baking round, and then ended up baking something almost every round (other than the baking round, which turned out to be a bad choice).

I made pizza dough and pretzels from scratch in earlier rounds, and basically made 6 different dishes this round, so thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal to use a couple pre-made ingredients. I could have used tortilla chips out of a bag but fried them fresh instead.

I also meant to rim the glass with lemon juice and dip it in chili powder and/or celery salt, but completely forgot. I'm honestly just proud of myself that I got everything to stay up on those skewers like that.

See Running this competition doesn't make you right when you're wrong, Bubble.

>making 60 excuses for cooking none of the food

cute

>making 120 excuses for buying none of the food

>cute

kek

>having a 3rd world internet provider that doesn't allow you to open a vertical if it's over 1 mb

pathetic

Presentation: 5/5
Originality: 4/5
Appeal: 4/5
Challenge Goals: 5/5
Total: 18/20

This almost seems like a joke entry. None of the individual items are very original, but it's probably the most elaborate presentation in this entire competition. The pizza looks like a cheap microwave pizza, and the cilantro looks dead, but otherwise there isn't much to complain about. It definitely says "party food".

The Party in me
Is the Party in you

Nice play, my amarillo fello

Presentation: 1/5
Originality: 1/5
Appeal: 1/5
Challenge Goals: 1/5
Total: 4/20

Looks like trash. Also, stop voting for yourself.

Presentation: 2/5 Seems more like art than food. It's something that looks like it isn't meant to be eaten. And even then your parsley looks limp and the pizza looks like it sat out for a while before being plated
Originality: 2/5 None of the parts are original but I gave you a couple points for the creative presentation idea.
Appeal: 1/5 The slider looks ok but the rest seem kinda meh. A tortilla for pizza crust?!?!
Challenge Goals: 2/5 Yup, it's party food.
Total: 7/20

I'm not sure if I was supposed to read that as Smashing Pumpkins lyrics, but now I'm seeing the burger as Billy Corgan, the cake as the guitar player, the taco as Darcy, and the pizza as the drummer.

Switch the burger and taco and they'd all be in the right place.

"I already did it" isn't a good excuse for a cooking competition. Don't want to do anymore baking? Don't include foods that require it.

Remember when this competition was good?

Me neither.

The year I entered (2012) it was a fucking g joke with rounds like Ramen and breakfast.

The whole thing just turns into a wackiest between the obviously sponsored winner and all the mysterious voting ghosts

It's just for fun. You niggas take this shit too seriously.

Should be taken seriously when you're spending money to compete.
It's a challenge, not a "hold my dick while vote myself winner" competition.

>the ramen round was 4 years ago

What the fuck have I been doing with my life?

My dish: In-N-Out Tacos with Chunky Guacamole

My favorite parties were when I lived in southern california. all day pool parties, late night garage kickbacks, and everything in between, they were fun. Most of the time, at some point, there would always be someone yelling "Who wants In-n-out?" As good as In-n-out is sober, its even better when white girl wasted. So for my dish, I mixed that in-n-out taste with something else socal is known for: mexican food

oops, probably should've posted the pic with the plate and timestamp first....

none of the non-closeups do the tacos justice. I have a new found respect for those who photograph tacos...

about to make the vertical, so hang tight!

vertical

I find In-N-Out absolutely repulsive so I'll refrain from voting out of conflict of interest.

Yeah i must agree I really cant stand anything to do with commiefornia, unlike the above poster though, Im going to wait a day or so and give you a pretty low score, not obviously trollish tho like these unoriginal yellowmug trolls though, just low enough to seem realistic and hurt your overall score.

>animal sauce

Requesting puke gif.

kill yourself