Who /craftbeer/ here?

who /craftbeer/ here?

literally anything else is for women and children.

Other urls found in this thread:

beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/113/86189/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Craft beer is for faggots

Gimme some modelos and leave me alone

those tats look as fresh as my old uncle gustav

i call shop

I live for craft beer. Pic related. It's me enjoying a nice 120 minute IPA while enjoying my favorite hobby - the outdoors

I wanna open up a craft distillery.
How do I do this in California?

I only drink craft beer or beer I craft myself... also a product designer - designing homebrew shit requires understanding your end-user... sharing a little unfinished doodle of your average homebrewer.... kinda looks like this guy ->

I like beer from bud light to imperial ales. Beer is fucking great. Some anthropologist say man began harvesting grains to brew beer as apposed to making flour. If true, that means beer is the most important discovery in human history. Beer is the shit.

Buy property, get brewing equipment, experiment, get a business license, get a beer and wine license, sell beer.

>portrait of a
>anatomy of a
Love seeing this as the title of things. Lets me know to not waste my time with the rest

what the fuck is the deal with modelo recently

They're becoming more popular in the US. Negra Modelo is actually pretty decent.

that's not the right color of dogfish 120 ipa

>TFW you can't be adventurous at any bars you get taken to without feeling like a cunt because the beers all have stupid names.

What the FUCK is a Rhinegeist Peach Dodo supposed to taste like? Because it tasted like peachy bird feathers.

Just stick to bars with servers who can describe the beers. It's pretty fucking awful when a place staffs people who don't know what they're selling. Another tip is to avoid beers with fruit in the name. They're either great or fucking awful. I've never had peach anything that was just okay.

That's remarkably close to me except for the fact my hunch comes frot ofm welding, and I don't drink a whole lot of IPA

this is remarkably close to me except my hunch comes from welding and I'm not too into IPA. I'm also married but never wear my ring.

>I drink this to prove I'm not a woman or a child.
Underage b& detected.

It's not dogfish. It's local so you've probably never heard of it

>They're either great or fucking awful.
Chocolate also falls into that category.

There's a lot of garbage, and then there's this god-tier brew:
beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/113/86189/

Im guessing you are a hipster with one of those faggy beards.
craftbeer? you mean bitter right, the stuff people have been drinking for hundreds of years. Its not fucking trendy you big raging puff

shit dawg, obama got jacked

No user, America just invented the concept of beer that isn't mass produced swill. You are just jealous of this all American idea.

USA!USA!USA!

it's a 47 year old "man" with teenager tats and apparently bleached hair LMAO

>America just invented the concept of beer that isn't mass produced swill.
Who's first?

Good beer is good beer, no matter how crafty it is.

Pic related. If you come to Australia, drink this. It's mass-produced and it's fucking excellent.

I have never seen bait so big user. Its too easy i dont know what to do!

>who /craftbeer/ here?
Its usually just some over hopped crap that young men jizz their panties over because its not Bud Light or kronenberg 1664.

More hops do not make a good beer.
IPAs are becoming mainstream now, hopefully in a year or two the hipsters will give up on them and we will start seeing the smaller brewers making proper beer again.

enjoy drinking any beer you like

just don't be a douche bag like this guy

IPAs are extremely easy to do very poorly, e.g. one dimensional hop bombs, but some us actually really like them when they have a good amount of complexity.

My favorite beer ever is a seasonal triple IPA done as a collaboration by two local breweries that literally started as a reduction ad absurdum joke and ended up an utterly brilliant, complex, drinkable ~100 IBU beer.

>drinking beer of any kind
im not a faggot, i only drink whiskey.

my life changed when I discovered that this beer, which is $2.50 a bottle, a 500ml bottle mind you, tastes comparable to a good stout, albeit with way less alcohol content. until I am done with college and have a real job I'll drink this shit for now.

just nabbed a bottle of pic related
must've been a bit old since there was no head to speak of, but the carbonation isn't too bad
flavor is like a really mild eiswein which I wasn't expecting, although I've never had a barleywine before
not sure I like it that much, too sweet for me
maybe it it were fresher I'd like it better

whoops

Jesus christ this website is filled with people I would never ever ever want to be ever fucking seen with or talk to

Breh, I biked over to Geaux for some Treme the other day.

Whats with anti-craft beer rednecks trying to imply craft beer isn't normie as fuck?
Fucking every 20 something dude in America outside of the rural south drinks good beer these days

I don't think anyone was trying to imply that, at least we're not the south guy

Some posts are making fun of people like you who insist on saying "craft beer" instead of just "beer", and making it into a "lifestyle" instead of just a drink to enjoy (among many other drinks that one also might enjoy, that are not beer)

It says a lot about what you take for granted, really

Nailed it in one.

Well, to be fair, I drink on average, 8 beers a day. Pretty easy to call it a lifestyle at that point.

Granted, I would fall under "alcoholic", rather than "craft beer snob". Absent good beer, I'll gladly drink coors light till the cows come home.

Still, when I go out to a pizza place, a good selection of "craft" taps is a huge plus. Good beer tastes good.

I drink a ton of imported and craft beers, but I and many other people are just sick of hearing you people bitch when we're at the bowling lanes and you have to choose between Bud, Miller, or Coors on tap or a Sam Adams in a bottle. We don't care about what you'd rather be having, just drink a damn beer or get a Coke.

>people like you who insist on saying "craft beer" instead of just "beer"
You seem confused. People don't use 'craft beer' in all contexts in place of just 'beer'. But there are certainly some contexts in which the distinction is important. This thing you are mad at is completely made up

Americans are nothing but cringe when talking about beer.

Do you realize how fucking terrible the beer most Europeans drink is?

its 2016, even shitty bowling alleys have a couple good beers on tap.
I can't even recall the last time I was at a bar or restaurant or event which did not have at least a regional craft flagships. Fuck, even fast causal restaurants like chipotle usually have a basic craft option

Do you actually think I'm mad at you? You asked why people were making fun of you. That was my first post in the thread.

This is what people find easy to mock about your kind. Enthusiasm is one thing but you take it to a level where you become a caricature.

Remember to remind us you're not the south. At least there's a worse place than where you live, right?

Stop saying fucking "craft", Jesus Christ.

I can't find a straight up list of the best selling beer in europe, but everything I see suggested as possibilities is awful

You're driving a point home, but the message we're getting isn't the one you intended to give.

What a absurd thing to have autistic opinions about

Everyone is mocking you and that is all you can focus on? How autistic.

>Do you actually think I'm mad at you?
No, you were clearly mad long before I showed up here. I do not believe I had anything to do with it.
Where do you live thats too hipster and cool for good beer?

Coming from someone who says 'atleastwerenotthesouth' and 'its2016wehavethecraftbeernow' in every sentence like a tourettes patient, I'm not sure you have room to be insulting people's neurotypicity

What are we supposed to say, something subjective like "good"?

The fact is, Bud, Coors, and Miller exist in a seperate category as even mass-produced "craft" brews like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Stone IPA, and Lagunitas IPA.

They're two different categories. Domestic and import aren't as important anymore. Heineken and Guiness are lame average brews.

Says the guy who tells people not to mention the south way the fuck more than it is ever mentioned
Also, everyone in America has good beer, and its not a recent development, maybe you just noticed it but even that seems farfetched if you are american

The other guy nailed it, just call it beer and just drink the stuff you like.

Fuck me.

You keep doing this. You keep signaling (inadvertently) that you take it for granted that beer is shit unless specially qualified as 'the craft beer now', and anyone who doesn't wear XXL anime shirts must have something against the radical new craft beer (we're not the South, we've had it since at least Tuesday!)

Getting mad at the use of the term 'craft beer' is like whining at someone saying they like "cheddar cheese" by telling them it is just "cheese". Craft beer is a distinct subsection of the beer market, its a common fucking term that everyone understands

Here is a legitimate use for the word "craft"

"X pizza place has a bunch of craft beers, let's go there instead"

Say good beers, say craft beers, who cares, but the word does have utility.

Let the word bother you if you like, I don't care.

Says the guy from one of the worst destinations for good beer who just caught up in the last few years

Do you just say random things and hope some of it sticks?

Can't tell if unintentional or intentional comedy

What destination is that? I just call it beer and I don't wear a cape, so I must be a eurolard who hates the radical new craft beer (we're not the south!)

>guy who posts every single day on a mongolian maresmilk enthusiast image board complaining about aqnime or something
Ok though, seriously what do you possibly think Anime has to do with craft beer? They don't even seem to appeal to remotely the same demographics unless you just say 'males'

you fucking know what I mean

So, no anime shirts? Just the cargo shorts and vest?

Vests?

No it is a special snowflake term for clappyfats who have only recently created beer that is drinkable.

The normal name is simply beer.

Yeah, keep pretending good beer isn't normie as fuck. Are you 17 or 45? You obviously are not in your 20s or 30s if you think men who drink good beer belong to some weird specific subgroup rather than just pretty much everyone

No, I honestly don't understand. Maybe you think I'm from the south? That's the only other alternative, since you people seem fixated on the south and Europe and any time someone laughs at you for living up to your ridiculous stereotypes, you lash out and start yelling about USA vs Europe or at least we're not the south. I guess those are effective ways of causing a distraction on Veeky Forums.

Keep signaling. This shit never gets old.

>hurrrr don't make me feel bad because I only drink Budweiser

Why do you think this though?
Do you honestly think people who refer to craft beer use it in every instance where beer is discussed? Or that there are no instances where the specificity would be useful?

There is literally no sizable place in the world that the best selling beer approaches being a legitimately high quality beer. This whole "we had good beer all along" shit is completely made up

>hurr I just found out about the craft beer so everyone who doesn't think or talk about beer exactly like me must drink whatever I drank until last Tuesday

You get mad at other people for drinking good beer and discussing it, are you just a poor person or something? Craft beer isn't even that expensive

For real, when you factor in ABV stuff like Torpedo is pretty much the same value

I'm drinking "Original Lucky Extra". A canadian beer. Only punk rock kids and the homeless tend to drink it, I was once the former so I still buy it out of nostalgia. I just watched a review that compared it to "river water contaminated with sewage". But I like it. It gets me drunk and that's why I drink beer. And it reminds me of good memories. Craft beer just doesn't have that same enjoyability for me. This is all I drink.

That said I occasionally do have craft beer, but I usually am underwhelemed. It just tastes like beer. Beer tastes like beer.

No one is mad at beer. The only one mad here is you, because you're getting bullied over your quaint belief that you're a special snowflake for not drinking cheap adjunct lagers and anyone joining the fun must be (southern/not American/wrong age/poor/etc)

Keep lashing out, it's fantastic entertainment

>f that you're a special snowflake for not drinking cheap adjunct lagers
I am explicitly saying the exact opposite of this, so this is an odd conclusion to draw

You've said multiple times that 'craft beer' (or as neurotypicals call it, beer) is a new thing, it's 2016 etc. And you've endlessly assumed that anyone who thinks or talks about beer differently than you must hate 'craft beer' (or as we call it, beer)

Clearly, you believe you discovered the craft beer, last Tuesday, on behalf of all America (except the south, women, the elderly, and anyone who bullied you). Thanks user, where would we be without you.

>You've said multiple times that 'craft beer' (or as neurotypicals call it, beer) is a new thing, it's 2016 etc
I am certain I did not, and I don't recall anyone else doing that either, though I didn't read the entire thread

How many standard strength beers do I need to t in order to relax and not feel anxious anymore? I've had 3 and I still feel very nervous. I know it should have a benzo like effect, right? Should I have bought vodka instead? I usually only drink for fun, not for self medication.

>or as neurotypicals call it, beer)
lol, calm down guy

Try 17

See

Saying it is 2016 does not imply that it wasn't available in 2015. Just that its not the 80s anymore. You are really grasping at straws

This is a perfectly reasonable and understandable attitude. Prepare to be shat upon.

Are you not 20-25? How do you know what the 80s were like.

Fuck arguing about who likes what, and whatnot. Different strokes for different folks.

So what beer have you had on this glorious Friday night, Veeky Forums?

I've had a pic related, a Dogfish 90 Min, and a KBS. It's been a good night. Happy Friday.

Since we're talking about beer, I got pic related at the store earlier today.

I had no idea what to expect since it's the first time I've ever seen it, but it's actually pretty decent.

I had a couple for lunch with some jalapeno sausages and cabbage. It paired with the spicy sausage quite nicely.

im 27
I talked to my dad

Tried two hearted ale for the first time. Pretty similar to Mirror Pond, which makes sense when I read they use 100% pacific northwest "cascadia" hops

I think Two Hearted is the bets of the old fashioned pre-citra IPAs, at least of the widely available ones

Are you upset because your mom accidentally shrunk your favorite fedora today?

>craft beer becomes widely popular
>well, better start disliking it
>time to go back to drinking bud now that working class cachet is no longer cool

Drinking one of these. Celebrating what feels like the first 70F+ days of the year after being in the 40s all week

Fuck hot weather though

Today was awesome. ~70F with minimal humidity. Actual summer weather sucks. May is nice though