How do you deal with picky kids? My step-son only eats corn dogs, hot pockets, Kraft dinner, French fries, McDonald's...

How do you deal with picky kids? My step-son only eats corn dogs, hot pockets, Kraft dinner, French fries, McDonald's, and the only thing my wife cooks that he'll eat is sloppy joes. It drives me crazy because he often doesn't eat at all if none of that is available and I'm worried about his nutrition. Apparently he's always been this way, he's almost 12.

The logical course of action is to starve-out your wife's son. Force him to enjoy other things.

is him your wifes son?

Your step-son is a shit kid and probably a fatty.

Unless it's something you've already done, just make whatever you eat normally and straight up refuse to make anything else.

> step-son

CÜCK
ÜCKC
CKCÜ
KCÜC

You can sneak a LOT of vegetables into a sloppy joe without kids knowing (carrots and tomatoes being a few of them) because it's just a big fucking pile of fuck all.

If you're not a pushover, purge all the shit food from the house and only keep healthy foods in the house. Lean meats, fresh veg/fruit, dairy... Keep NO OTHER FOOD IN THAT FRIDGE OR IN THE HOUSE. If he wants to eat, let him eat that. Kid's 12 years old, he'll figure it out eventually.

Your problem isn't with the kid, it's with the mother. If she's been feeding him like this his entire life (which is the only way he'd be like this at 12 fucking years old) then that's pretty much the equivalent of child abuse. How fucking long does it take to cut an apple and slap some peanut butter on a sandwich, for fuck's sake...

Is it permanent, user?

Retardation.

Please come back, Veeky Forums.

no

It really is about upbringing. I grew up in a working class industrial town but my mum always home cooked everything, nothing 'fancy' but spaghetti bolognasase, fajitas, that kind of thing. I had friends who's parents didn't do that, one of them only first ate pasta when he was 18 and became a professional rugby player.

My nephew has a very middle class upbringing "mummy, may I have more olives please?" that kind of thing. But when he won't eat something we just tell him he won't be big and strong (he's four) if he doesn't eat it/finish it etc.

Problem is, your step son is 12, he is very much entrenched in his views and tastes. The only way I can see would be as he begins to hit puberty and stuff you make it clear that if he wants to be fit he needs to eat well. If he doesn't want spots, he needs to eat well. Basically if he eats well, he will get a girlfriend.

what do you mean "how do you deal with picky kids?"

You fucking MAKE them eat. I never understood the newer generations of parenting. Suddenly it's a goddamned chess battle to deal with your kids. You or the mother needs to take control of the situation.

Make dishes that are satisfying but healthy compared to what he currently eats

First of you have to realize that changing someone’s behavior is very, very difficult. Especially if you are in a somewhat awkward relationship where authorities and boundaries are not always easy and clear.

To get your kid to eat healthy or “normal” food you need to do a lot!

(this is in no particular order and incomplete, but you get the picture)
>get rid of all the junk stuff from your house. Empty your pantry, cooler and freezer of all the candy, chips, soda, tater tots, smiley fries, etc, etc.
>check his room for his secret cache
>cook all your meals from fresh ingredients
>variety is very important
>you eat fresh home cooked meals at least 6 days a week. You are allowed 1 frozen pizza, ready meal, or fried food a week
>eat at the dinner table as a family. Do not eat in front of the TV.
>the rule is: you eat what’s for dinner and nothing (NOTHING!) else
>never (EVER!) allow for an alternative
>let him decide the portions for himself, with a minimum of 1 serving spoon of vegetables
>if he doesn’t finish his meal, that’s fine. But nothing else is allowed until breakfast
>if he does finish he is allowed a dessert or a small(!) evening snack
>don’t fight about it. It is his choice. Finish the meal or go “hungry” until breakfast.
>get him involved. Take him grocery shopping, let him choose what’s for dinner, maybe even plant a few veggies in the garden
>Ordering take out or going to a fast food place is allowed only once a month

Good luck!

planting veggies is a particularly good idea, even things like herbs which are really easy and can be added to every meal - let him take ownership

Well after my brother was divorced with his batshit insane wife and went overseas for business he left my neice in my care. Similar circumstances frozen food lover would demand Dino nuggets at least once a day my ex sister in law did not know how to cook this is how I corrected a 10 year olds eating habits.

I love to cook and I am quite good at it took summer and part time line cook jobs when I was younger in hotel restaurant.
Have the kids experience the food most people enjoy meat, sweetness of fruits and the malleability of starches in terms of flavor. To get my neice to enjoy vegetables was a harder process but ultimately successful.

Alot of those foods are processed and the meat is covered or not emphasized.

My neice loved nuggets as I stated before I had her get into the cooking process I would cut up chicken breast season flour breadcrumbs and have her bread it. Then I would let her dunk it into oil and held her up as it cooked explaining what is happening. At the same time I had potato wedges cut dredged in a mix of Parmesan cheese and seasoned flour and fries also. I helped her make 2 dipping sauces. I branched from nuggets to GRILLED chicken breast then to thighs then to roasted. I gave her fresh fruits to eat and replaced fruit juice with fresh fruit juice. Eventually eating fruit became a snack thing for her.

From chicken I branched into pork I started with tonkatsu something similar to her favorite food. She enjoyed the Asian twist on it then eventually branched into GRILLED pork chops and ribs. Corn was also eaten on GRILLED meals. Since I'm a spic and she is half spic every GRILLED meal had PICO DE GALLO and guacamole.

Started beef with carne asada which was an instant hit into her own hand made burgers and into steak.

For sides I removed everything that comes from a box or can fresh Mac fresh MASH potatos.

Vegetables was fucking difficult I just had her garden and taste her own veggies and didn't overcook it took months

This, I don't understand how it's even a bargain with the kids, he either eats or he starves.

Why do you even give a fuck about a kid that's not yours?

Slap the shit out of him if he doesn't eat. Or, threaten to tell him about all the things you have done to his mom.

i never understood the wife's son cuck meme.
>raising another man's child
but you've taken a woman from another man. are we meant to believe the other man isn't destroyed by losing his wife and child?

False dichtonimies are your friend when dealing with picky kids

>do you want carrots or peas?

Veeky Forums has always been a bit slow when it comes to memes.
Lots of /v/irgins and /tv/ retards post here when they are bored.

You took the b8 m8

It's about using your energy and time to take care of someone else's child while your lineage dies out with you.

it's against biological principles to not put your own genes first when it comes to child raising.

if anything, the correct thing to do is do like a bear and eat her existing children when you move in with her and then raise your own kids.

this is the only correct answer.

Shitty permissive parenting made this mess, actual parenting will fix it.

Starving the little shit until he appreciates his blessed fortune is also your friend.

During this period of diet reform is the perfect time to start planting ideas of copyleft into his brain