>"Welcome to Arby's"
>the down syndrome kid cleaning tables
>"Welcome to Arby's!"
>respond with a blanket "Uhh.. thanks."
>giving the guy my order
>someone walks in behind me
>the entire ordeal is repeated again to him
>sit down and eat my food
>every single person (like 10) who came in while I was there were "treated" to this horrible greeting

Honestly never going back. It was uncomfortable as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3dUYAY7jI
youtube.com/watch?v=Skx-7TGawx4#t=3m4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gotta love them corporate policies

Next time ring the bell for the full experience upon exiting.

Holy Christ
Did they at least have the meats OP?

lel, this actually crossed my mind, but I was afraid that balloons and confetti would drop from the ceiling and they would hold a spontaneous parade in my honor outside the restaurant.

Yeah, but they switched around the combo numbers for whatever the fuck reason, and that pissed me off.

Shoulda said it was your birthday.

You should relax and greet the corporate society with a sarcastic welcomed smile. Since you had everyone's attention, it was the perfect time to tell them that you were coming off a 5 year vegan diet, and sincerely missed the delicious taste of meat. Watch, as they put extra beef on any and all of your ordered sandwiches. Have a nice day. Every time.

wew

Almost as bad as when you walk into Moe's Southwest and they all Scream at you at the same time "WELCOME TO MOOOOOE'S"

Just give me my burrito and fuck off already

As a person who works at a bar, I can understand greeting a person when they come in, I always try to. But then again, I am the only person in the whole building. When you have 20+ ppl doing it, then it just seems drone mode.

No establishment is worse that cold stone creamery

>last time I went was like 2005
>walk in
>the entire staff behind the counter screams "WELCOME TO COLD STONE CREAMERY"
>give my order
>girl behind the counter gets to work
>flattening the ice cream against a stone, putting in assorted toppings, rolling it up, flattening it, doing it again
>looks hard as fuck
>guy being served next to me flings the loose change he received from his payment into a tip jar
>my server rings out "WE GOT A TIP GUUUUYYYSSSS"
>it was literally 40 cents
>they start singing a jingle
>"THANKS FOR CHOOSING COLD STONE, AND THANK YOU FOR THE TIP, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR ORDER, THEN YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK"
>or something like that
>the one disgruntled middle aged black dude muttered it under his breath at least
>dude walked out the door before it's even finished
>they all sigh in unison after the jingle, as if part of the song
>my order is finished
>pay in cash
>don't tip because I don't want to hear that cringy fucking song again
>leave quickly

Never again. I'd rather assemble iPhones for daily 16 hour shifts a day in China and sleep in a janitors than sing for a fucking tip like a monkey. People that work there must have zero self respect

The place is definitely under new management. I drive by there every day and for the longest time on the message board under the sign it said that they were hiring management.

Today was the first time I had been in since the sign had been replaced, and like I said, on top of the obnoxious greeting, all of the registers were replaced with tablets and the combo numbers had changed.

It used to be your typical scummy fast food joint, but I prefer that over what it's turned in to.

Real fucking talk.

Yeah man. I'm with you. I own a retail business, and rule number one is trying to greet everyone who walks through the door, but this was way, way over the top. Like I said, it made me legitimately uncomfortable.

do they still have the based arby-q?

>sleep in a janitor

lol, I meant a janitor's closet. I was distracted.

>IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR ORDER, THEN YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK

i keked

>I own a retail business, and rule number one is trying to greet everyone who walks through the door

It makes more sense with retail, at least to me. It's a way of being inviting while also letting people know they were noticed, so they feel more paranoid about stealing shit.

Not to say I mind a "Welcome to (food), we'll be right with you," or whatever, so that someone doesn't feel ignored if they're not having their order taken immediately.

Not a Veeky Forums related job, but I worked briefly at a shoe store, and the manager told me that she wanted me to spend 10 minutes with every customer. I didn't do it because it would have been annoying as fuck. Shortly after a friend of mine asked me why the manager wouldn't leave her family alone when they were trying to buy shoes. Do corporate people actually think we want this? It's like they forgot how to be human.

What happens when you ring the arbys bell?

There's a certain kind of customer who feels that if they aren't being waited on hand and foot then the staff might as well be saying "fuck you" directly to their face.
This is same customer who complains the loudest and the most frequently over every imagined slight, so this is the customer that management is going to be familiar with.

That's the problem with retail. On the one hand, it's a (mostly) unskilled job, so you hire people at low wages, who maybe can't get anything better. On the other, some of these employees simply can't be trusted to make decisions that require an average level of intelligence and social awareness. So you mandate stupid shit like that, resulting in a weird experience for everyone.

Bro it's a cowboy hat

Those are the customers who actually believe the pile of horseshit which is "The customer is always right"

They always seem to try to go out of their way to make life difficult for anyone who is getting paid to do anything for them, often times treating them like slaves. They're the ones who throw a fucking fit when you aren't bending over backwards to kiss their ass for them, the ones that think that rules and policies don't apply to them because they are the almighty CUSTOMER and they should always get what they want, no matter how ridiculous the request.

Fuck am I glad I don't work in tech support or customer service anymore. Assholes like that can go fuck themselves with a rusty pitchfork.

Not OP, but I'm a manager at an Arby's.

Ask me anything

Breh he's talking about that bell they hang by the exit

>AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR ORDER, THEN YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK"

speaking
Arby's is just trying really hard to become a 'fast casual' type of restaurant. Whenever we have manager meetings, our higher-ups always make us do this game where we arrange different restaurants in order based on their quality. They try to always put us up there with Panera. It's embarrassing, but I think they're headed in that direction. Although if they keep adding shit like loaded curly fries, we're going to go straight down to Taco Bell level.

Cute cat

tell me... why does he wear the mask?

Tell me about Bane....

>Walk into Jersey Mike's
>HOW YA DOIN, FELLA
>Fine. Gimme a Club Mike's Way
>YOU GOT IT! GOT ANY PLANS FOR THE DAY?
>Yeah, I'm going back to work.
>REALLY? WHERE DO YA WORK

CUT THE BANAL CHIT-CHAT AND MAKE ME MY MEATBREAD, WAGE SLAVE!!!

This bullshit. I used to do deliveries for a busy deli but if there weren't any I sometimes had to work the line. I'm really quiet and don't like making banal chit chat with strangers and the place was so loud you have to holler for anyone to hear you. I was always in trouble because they forced us to act goofy and make jokes and small talk and I just didn't want to bullshit with people who just wanted to get lunch and go back to work. Hated that shit.

How's it going today?
>WHAT?!
You doing good today?
>WHAT??????
HOW ARE YOU?!?!!
>OH GOOD, THEY SHOULD TURN THE MUSIC DOWN
Yea I know, nobody can hear anything and it's making us mess up orders....
>WHAT?!

Jesus Christ.

>someone walks in behind me
>starts massaging my shoulders
>softly whispers into my ear: "Welcome to Arby's~..."
>comment about "Smelling purdy" completely optional
That's how it should've went. Sorry about the bad customer service, OP.

How would you rank Arby's on the scale of fast food?

How does corporate rank it? Give me out of maybe 5 restaurants off the top of your head.

Horrifying. If this happened in Europe I can assure you the place would be out of business in a month.

Well, personally, I'd say it's

1. Panera Bread
2. McAlister's Deli
3. Jason's Deli
4. Chick-Fil-A
5. Arby's

But that's if you consider fast casual restaurants as well.

Depends on where you are, where I live there are three Arby's in my area that have ABC licenses and can sell beer/wine on premise, and the interiors are styled very well, the one nearest to me has ultra high ceilings and a fucking gas fireplace in the middle of the seating lounge

>tfw high school job was at cold stone
>tfw hated it so switched to apple store in college

Two terrible choices, but at least Apple didn't have any songs/dances/mandatory pitter patter going on.

>implying you can beat the experience of entering a Japanese Izakaya
>IRASSHAAAIIIIII
>IRASSHAAAIIIIII
>IRASSHAAAIIIIII
>IRASSHAAAIIIIII

Feels good mang

>AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR ORDER, THEN YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK

>go to arby's
>take drive-thru
>"hey, thanks for choosing arby's, what can i get you?"
>"yeah i'll have a bourbon bacon brisket meal, medium"
>"okay, anything else?"
>"an orange cream shake"
>"will that be all?"
>"uh-huh"
>"that'll be $16.42, please pull up"
That's a true story, unlike OP. 16 fucking dollars. Fuck me.

Do they still let you go behind the counter and take as much roast beef as you can carry in two armloads for $2

>mfw I looked this up and it's real, they actually have to sing when they get a tip and apparently the song varies from store to store

They even make the Japs do it:
>youtube.com/watch?v=8Q3dUYAY7jI

but nobody tips in japan...

should have been more around 10-11 bucks, you got jacked by the drivethru guy

That's not even the half of it

youtube.com/watch?v=Skx-7TGawx4#t=3m4s

>oh no, human interaction? i must post my frustrations on a Mongolian finger painting board

>projecting this hard

>quints this hard

I'd do it out of spite if their roast beef weren't disgusting.

jej

nice 2.5x doubles

u fukin no it m8

dumb fedoraposter

>I was afraid that balloons and confetti would drop from the ceiling and they would hold a spontaneous parade in my honor outside the restaurant.

That's some brady bunch shit

>AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR ORDER, THEN YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK

>double double + 1

> Arby's is just trying really hard to become a 'fast casual' type of restaurant.

For what it’s worth, Arby’s best business program is mailing out coupons every month.

I regularly get the 2-for-$6 Chicken Bacon Swiss*, 3-for-$6 Classic Roast Beef and occasionally, the 2-for-$6 French Dip & Swiss (and a large cheese sticks with each). As long as you guys keep sending out those coupons, you can count on me spending money 2-3 times per month at Arby’s.

“Fast casual” is meaningless to me, as I always use the drive-thru.

*which corporate mouse-pusher thought it was a good idea to suddenly include lettuce and tomatoes on my Chicken Bacon Swiss?! Now I always have to remember to tell them no lettuce or tomatoes…

>walk into Euro resturant
>the entire staff behind the counter ignores me and continue smoking their hooka
>shout out my order
>they still ignore me
>shout it out again in Arabic
>Muslim girl behind the counter in a burka slowly gets to work
>flattening the ice cream against a stone, putting in assorted IEDs, rolling it up, flattening it, doing it again
>looks hard as fuck
>American guy being served next to me asks where’s the tip jar
>my server yells out “GREAT SATAN! ALLAHU AKBAR!” and promptly detonates
>it was literally 40 cents
>they start singing a jingle
>”PEACE BE UPON HIM WHO KILLS INFIDELS, IT AIN’T NO THING, DO NOT DWELL, 40 VIRGINS FOR YOU, THE AYATOLLAH WILL THANK YOU!”
>or something like that
>the one disgruntled sub-Saharan African dude muttered it under his breath at least
>American dude was blown to smithereens before it's even finished
>they all unroll prayer rugs after the jingle, as if part of the song
>my order is finished
>pay in Monopoly money
>don't tip because I don't want to get blown up
>leave quickly
>BBC tv tax collection van outside
>they arrest me

Sounds like an anime opening song

Fuck off that is great,Moe's Hoes are the best.

There's a moe's being opened up close to my house. Should I check it out when it opens?

literally laughed so hard I cried

Isnt this what japan does with customs leaving or something?

oh my kek

>go to Five Guys with my friends
>don't have a job so decide to just get fries since they give you so much
>"Hi can I get Cajun fries please"
>cashier is full adult, I assume he's the manager
>starts bantering me
>"Really? JUST fries? Come on man."
>"I uh already had dinner"

Usually I feel bad if I or who I'm dining with makes a mess, but as my friends made a slowly growing pile of peanut scraps, I felt nothing.

What happens when you ring it?

The manager comes out and gives you a free handjob (with tip)

Top bloody kek mate

Everyone has to do a mandatory cheer. They also have those at Best Buy too. Sometimes I do it for shiggles.

BONZAI!!!!!

>qt on the left will never sing for you

googled the phrase, got this
www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2CHG7jtWnE
what the fuck?

Definitely, let them tell at you cause they definitely will on a grand opening

>go to mcdonalds
>get meal
>also apple pie
>its two for one the lady at counter says
>I reply with no thanks just one
>BUT ITS TWO FOR ONE! she states
>Once again I say no thanks...one is fine
>Lady turns around and goes ..this nigga only wan 1 apple pie..like what the fuck?
>I get my food and fuck off never to go back to a mcdonalds again

this. it's ridiculous how some places are like that. I've worked a few fast foodish places and retail places but none of them had that policy outside of "greet them in some way"

>Go to mexican spot in town
>order some food
>cook comes running out of kitchen holding my order
>kinda is swaying a bit
>trips over kitchen mat
>basically throws my food at me
>hits me in chest and opens up all over place
>go to help guy up
>hes ok phew
>looks at me right in the eyes and goes "you hefe..you are alright meng..you cool...you good guy...sorry for messing your food up meng..so sorry meng..you cool though so I make you more...and meng you so cool...free food for month meng.

Was probably the first good deed someones done to him in a long time.

Maybe...I have ate it tripping over a kitchen mat as well so I know that pain. Also he was drunk as fuck.

I worked at Dominos Pizza and we had it but its a small intimate place where you wait for you food and gtfo.

I made a quintuple take

>be hungry
>want burrito
>chipotle would be so good
>closest thing is a Moe's
>damnit.tiff
>drive to moe's
>walk through door
>"WELCOME TO MOES!!!"
>I mistakenly hear "Sorry we're closed!!!!"
>I turn around and leave
>drive further away for chipotle
>everythingWentBetterThanExpectations.mpg4

>this happens a couple times - usually late
>it happens at 2pm one day
>waitWhat.jpg
>mfw I realize I'm retarded

KEK. I wonder how many other people made the same mistake.

THIS.

Sorry, OP, but there's no reliable way for service workers to tell the difference between you and a mystery shopper.

They are already making within a dollar of minimum wage and mediocre bonuses with disciplinary action gets dangled over their heads to make them do stupid shit.

>>chipotle would be so good
no wonder youre retarded, the e coli is rotting your brain

Because they've figured out what happens if you do.

heh

Reminds me of Firehouse Subs
You walk in and someone yells something that's incoherent followed by all the employees in unison say "Welcome to Firehouse!"

it hurts

There is a McDonalds near me in Asheville like that with the fireplace in the center and they have a grand piano that plays itself on a raised level in the back and it's all newly designed and sleek looking inside. It's weird seeing fast food places doing this stuff now.

>"THANKS FOR CHOOSING COLD STONE, AND THANK YOU FOR THE TIP, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR ORDER, THEN YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK"
>or something like that
I was having a shitty day until I read this, thank you user.

> Burger King
> Roll up into the drive thru in my Suzuki Swift
> Ask for a large Angry Whopper meal, ask if I can substitute the fries with onion rings
> Till money responds, "If you have to"
> If you have to...If you have to
> Too stunned to complain, I just get my food and leave
> Back home about to rip into my meal
> No angry onions on my no longer that angry whopper

till monkey

Maybe you shouldn't go out to eat if you can't afford it user.

>be me
>be sushi chef
>always have to yell "IRASHAIMASE!!!" at everyone who enters
>late at night, korean sushi chef parodies by saying something like "ISHI-KISHI-MASE"
>apparently means "please dont put me to work"
>have a hearty guffaw