I've been feeding these two ducks for the past week...

I've been feeding these two ducks for the past week. They were SUPER trusting and immediately switched areas to hang out to be closer to me. So I was thinking how safe would they be to kill and eat? In Southern California btw. Just wondering.

Let duckos live user.

They're probably full of trash unless you live in the middle of nowhere

The only way to make them edible would be to pen them up and purge their systems for at least a couple of weeks, feeding them nothing but clean, high quality food.

feed them lots of bread to fatten them up for eating op. the meat will become very bready almost bread like in texture in fact if you manage to capture one and subject it to forced anal feeding /w bread the meat wil actuall bread

Let them live. If you just don't want them around anymore then stop feeding them.
Which by the way it won't be "worth it" anyway to eat because of the quality difference compared to standard duck.

Might as well eat a stray cat

>wild game is unedible
ok bruh

Are you fucking retarded

By taking super trusting ducks out of the reproductive pool you'll make non-trusting ducks more common and ruin the lives of little children who would otherwise enjoy the company of friendly trusting ducks

>eating an animal is retarded

Those aren't the kind of ducks they eat anyway. Find those white ones like they eat in china.

Good to see you're figuring it out.

i only eat processed chicken tendies. im pretty sure they have more cardboard, sawdust and breading than animal in it

this, OP

>befriend cute ducks who just wanna chill and eat good food
>"ok now how do I kill and eat them"

Fucking psychopath.

Who said I was trying to befriend them? And do you think farmers are psychopaths for feeding their livestock? The people who keep chickens are pyschos because they feed their chickens?

oh shit whaddup

This.

Feeding and (humane lol) slaughtering are not synonyms.

Fuck these these bitches. Kill them fuckers and eat them.

You'll probably find that CA has a duck hunting season, and killing a duck outside of that season is illegal (and killing one inside that season without a license is also illegal)

As it's now spring, those ducks are starting to nest and hatch ducklings. Which means it is definitely not duck hunting season.

>ducks living in an urban environment are wild game

Catch them then throat them down with gavage for foie gras

They were always domesticated, and you just feed them or turn them out. Livestock is cautious because prey always are, but they are way more naturally trusting of people since they were young.

My father hunts a lot, and people like OP would disgust him. He doesn't shoot over corn, though many he knows do.

Hunting is different than earning a wild animal's trust and then killing. Raising livestock is different because livestock are not wild animals. Wild animals in an urban environment are not the same as wild animals in a wild environment.

Fucking bash their heads in with a rock OP and rape their vaginas afterwards , Ducks and pigeons are the ultimate NEETs of the cities

we got fuckin swans and turkeys on the roads here in Canada

its fuckin savage m8

dont do it OP those ducks dont taste good
go outside and catch a swan instead

Wouldn't eat them.

Would take them home, cage them, breed them, then eat the offspring.

>they probably have parasites
>animals living in cities are dirty
>if someone sees you, you'll go to jail or be fined a hefty sum
>you're a troll
>you're a psychopath
don't do it, also stop posting

This. Assuming you have the space.

Kill them and post just to trigger these faggots. where in so cal? im in so cal ill do it myself and post pics

Wild ducks tastes like shit

Urban ducks tastes like shit marinated in your mum's rectum

Just by a duck if u want duck

>you're a psychopath
that doesn't follow. It's hunting

Kek

>It's hunting
no it isn't

Sure it is, it's stalking an animal. Only this time it's stalking in like, a human stalking another human. Keeping tabs on it until ready for the kill
it's convenient hunting, there's literally nothing wrong with it

>it's convenient hunting
so, farming?

This guy isn't raising and breeding them in perpetuity
they invaded his home

OP, use some garden shears at the neck. Snip snip, feather, fry.

out of curiosity, what the hell is this? why does eating shitty food they found affect their edability? wouldn't pathogens and such be filtered out by their immune system and filtering organs?

>ducks living in a rural environment are pristine and pure
buddy even in the most remote mountain streams you can find horrible parasites. just because you can't see buildings doesn't mean humanity's long reach hasn't touched everything in sight.

>you are what you eat
They're not inedible, just bad-tasting, and if you're new to butchering (as OP is) what's in the gut can spill onto and spoil the meat. Same principle as catfish tasting like shit since that's all they eat.

you'd think that. I mean, logically, that makes sense. but the more research we do, the more science says otherwise

Animal eating habits really do affect their end flavor. Pigs, for example, can subsist on a primarily meat diet, but this makes their flesh taste awful. Grain-and-fruit-fed pig tastes delicious. Different chemical balances exist in the body of an animal based on its intake, and this will change its flavor.

Right now, duck parasites are also a major issue. I have family really into duck hunting, and they complained that a good portion of last season's take was inedible.

So, really, you're rolling the dice, and your lucky numbers are unlikely to come up.

Leave the ducks alone to make friendly, more domesticated ducklings.

if so, how about posting some of that science?

that makes sense, if you're good at butchering then, you'd probably be able to properly deal with that kind of thing.

All things considered though, couldn't you also just starve it for a while?

catfish don't taste bad to me at all desu. theyre one of the better farmed fish, way better than farmed salmon and talapia.

hmm, thats another thing. parasites are a bit worse. and you don't have a meat manufacture to flash freeze it for you..

>all these PETA faggots in here

I'm absolutely appalled at Veeky Forums right now. It's just two fucking quacks. Grow up, we can't all live in a happy fairy tale land, you fucking neckbeards. In fact, I'm so pissed off right now that I'm going to go outside and skin my neighbor's cat alive.

Fucking pussies, you make me sick.

>don't mind farmed catfish
That's because farmed catfish are fed mostly corn and other grains/byproducts, rather than being bottomfeeders like in nature.

>multiple posts mentioning local hunting law and how eating wild ducks can be dangerous

>WAOW GAY FAGGOT PETARDS GET OFF MUH BOARD PUSSY LOLOLOL

Sure sure, tell us more, please.

Ducks stink and they're semi-wild like pidgeons. I see no issue with eating them, though it would be in poor taste, figuratively and likely literally.

Now, I fucking hate squirrels. I am in the dead center of suburbia, and I am this close to catching and eating all the squirrels in my goddamned yard. I don't want to befriend them, I want to trap and kill them. I'm a pussy-- how do I kill these shits without using my hands or a gun? Drowning sounds fucked. They're ruining my garden constantly.

>letting them live in this shit world
Slaughtering them is the more humane choice.

>eating a North American duck

Dude what in the fuck rats exist too but most people don't eat those either.

Rat poison but that might just cause more problems than it solves.

You are retarded.

>giving OP the expected response

Just sit in your garage for a few hours with the car running.
This should get your car warmed up so you can run them over.

Hitler loved animals. He wouldn't befriend a duck and then kill them.

guaranteed OP is Asian. sick fucks

spotted the vegan

Some wild birds have meat so hard it is practically inedible, I don't know if it's the case for ducks but it is for chickens

It's that the whole idea behind domestication?

capture them and force the male to watch while you rape the female.

>they invaded his home
he fed them and basically invited them in

>Hitler loved animals

But he killed 6 million of them

jackpot trips confirm

Well I mean you could but I don't see why you would want to eat duck though, they taste like shit.

>implying jews are anamalia

Nigga just go to a chinese food place. The result will be the same and the Peking Duck wont give you parasites