It tastes like death, no wonder I can't find this in stores. When I take a bite...

It tastes like death, no wonder I can't find this in stores. When I take a bite, I like to pretend I'm tasting the lamentations of orphans in a burning school bus driving off a cliff.

Smells like vanilla, but when you take a piece it takes like a minute to taste anything. The taste itself is pretty smooth and leaves a wonderful aftertaste. Would buy again if it didn't cost the same as a regular bar but contains half as much.

Other urls found in this thread:

easton.ga/recipes/mousse.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The final frontier is 100%

*tip*

BITTER
I
T
T
E
R

>Black Science

WE

currently enjoying some 90%

would you say the difference the extra 9% makes is noticable

I can only compare 85% and 99%. 85% is more like regular chocolate, you can taste it right away and it has more sugar.

The other 1% of the 99% one is sugar, which is

HOLY SHIT DO WANT.

I love raw chocolate, people who don't like bitter flavors are plebs that need to suck more dick and lick more pussy.

Some guy one told me you should grab a little square of 100% chocolate, put it under your tongue, and smoke a cigar. I don't even smoke but it sounds very enticing.

I say I don't smoke, but still enjoy cigars.

damn thats hardcore

i keep on trying to slyly show it to people on the bus to impress them and i think its working

>people who don't like bitter flavors are plebs

Do you drink pints of quinine?

now I have to put tonic water and gin on my shopping list because of you

My, my, what a manly man you are

But you said it tastes like death.

It's kind of like a trip, starts out uncomfortable ominous but after the comeup is over, it's all smiles from there.

>i keep on trying to slyly show it to people on the bus to impress them and i think its working
This is hilarious, please tell me you're serious. I'm just imagining some fedora-wearing neckbeard eating a bar of 99% chocolate while fantasising about how dangerous and manly he looks.

Some high percentage dark chocolate use a different process which affects the taste.
Ammonia is used iirc.
Not all though

I'll probably make chocolate myself after this, import some cocoa beans and learn how to ferment them, etc.

I bought 10 bars of the 99% Lindt on sale from some ebay seller. I'll probably go through a bar a day.

>he thinks lindt is good chocolate
>he thinks his palate is refined because he eats baking bars

It's alright considering it was just an online impulse buy.

Aren't these things for cooking or making drinks? Why would you eat them raaaaaw?

Cuz it's different and goes well with other things. Long aftertaste

>tfw I live literally around the corner from a Lindt store

If that's what death tastes like, so long cruel world.

Melt it into a cup of coffee. Post results.

I actually put Halvah in coffee instead of sugar because it tastes better.

Ah who cares what other poverty stricken people who ride the bus care. My bus commutes began so much more enjoyable after tethering my laptop to my phone to post here and in r9k

People think it makes them look cool and manly.
Same as black coffee, shitty whiskey, and disgusting overhopped meme beer.

WUZ

CHOCOLATE

Buying a block of 99% is actually good value. Milk chocolate is like 40% cocoa, so a block of milk chocolate double the size becomes less value for money.

It's true. Nobody likes stuff you don't like. They just pretend to like it for ideological reasons.

Not him, but nobody claimed that nobody likes unsweetened chocolate. That being said, liking it is not "refined" and means you have poor taste in the eyes of most people who know anything about chocolate; between 60% and 85% the complex flavors in the cacao bean play off of the sweetness and are enhanced by it rather than masked by it. I also suspect many people here pretend to like it since they heard bittersweet chocolate is less "pleb" than milk chocolate, and incidentally also had a higher % of cacao, so they assume that reaching 100% is the least "pleb." These people also think Lindt is among the finest chocolate makers available. I have no issue with people enjoying unsweetened chocolate, though it seems to me that many of you who apparently do are ignorant about chocolate.

>That being said, liking it is not "refined" and means you have poor taste in the eyes of most people who know anything about chocolate
>People who like the same things as me are the only people who know anything about that thing

Holy tuatology, Batman!

>likes baking bars
>posts vocab terms in babby's first logic class
>Holy _____ Batman! ebin meme
*tip*

>shitposting on the bus

over 70% is pure meme. 55-60% is optimum.

Soma gelato is sooo good.

>>man
adorbs
pretty sure I dont drink malayria medicine just because I actually like chocolate instead of just sugar.

baking bars are fucking awful becuase theyre made for baking (IE theyre hard as fuck, you're supposed to melt that shit). If you can find a more tender bar you're good to go, but most baking bars are not only harder than typical chocolate, theyre usually thicker, making it even worse to bite into.

this is why 99% and 100% chocolate are good products, becuase most stores only carry like one or two kinds of baking chocolate and you're lucky if one of them is actually edible.

how else are you going to cure your malaria, idiot

kek

this. 99% and 100% chocolate has its flavor masked by its bitterness. 70% has just enough sugar added so that the bitterness is cut down and the more delicate fruity/floral/coffee flavors of the bean can shine through.

I genuinely love 90% dark chocolate. You guys don't believe me?

I like bitter foods and have a bag of cacao nibs at my work desk.

Milk chocolate is my favorite, but I can appreciate very dark chocolate.

We believe you, we just think you have shit taste

60% is where it's at.

Related: I have a little recipe:
easton.ga/recipes/mousse.html

It sounds like you've only tried 100% bars with a tainted palate. You need to have not eaten anything for a while, and not have your tongue coated with gunk.

>not have a tongue coated with gunk
>Veeky Forums

pick one

Is it that uncommon to like 90%? After eating 90 85 tastes too sweet to me even

really arguing what other people like?
there's an entire nation that like rotten nasty ass smelling beans that will make most westerns puke at the first whiff, so what?

YOU MOTHER FUCKER KEEP COFFEE OUT OF THIS!

>ITT faggots having a pissing contest about how much bitterness they can tolerate

N