White asparagus

Ever had 'em?
Favourite way to prepare them?

I like them boiled, with a simple butter sauce or hollandaise and some cooked ham and boiled eggs on the side

When I boil them I like to first boil the peels and then reuse the water every time I eat white asparagus during asparagus season.

>first boil the peels and then reuse the water every time
>maximum bitterness attained

White asparagus are not bitter at all. The water just gets an intensive white asparagus flavour.

After using the water a lot of times, I make soup with it.

Intense I mean, sorry.

Here is the wiki info:
Compared to green asparagus, the locally cultivated so-called "white gold" or "edible ivory" asparagus, also referred to as "the royal vegetable",[15] is less bitter and much more tender.

So no love for them here?

Cooked, cooled and rolled in ham. Enjoy.

They don't sell anything else here, but I'm a poorfag so I've never tried them

I bought some white cucumbers today, attracted by their meme colour. They were a little bitter and too dry because of the lack of watery seeds.

I'm not sure if that helps OP, but if anyone can suggest something to put the two white cucumbers I have left to use then at least I will have been helped.

Raw thin sliced with strawberries.
Or make a quiche.

I've never had white asparagus. It doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't even like to see chlorotic or variegated plants in general, let alone eat them.

I'm assuming they are less nutritious than green asparagus? I wonder if there is data on this.

Man, it's asparagus season and I'm in Scandinavia. Can't wait to get back home later this month to have my share.

To me it tasted exactly the same as regular asparagus.

HOW ABOUT YOU FUCKING GOOGLE IT

I usually eat white asparagus with mahonnaise, or in salads.

And the green ones fried in a pan with serrano ham

(Im spaniard btw)

I grew asparagus several years. I find I prefer the green taste to the "clean" taste of sunless white.

>White asparagu

You people need to check your goddamn privilege

I prefer darker asparagus. So much longer, thicker, and firmer.

I put them in wine bottles and light them, but I usually just get them when there's a power outage.

Yeah, nah.