I want to eat Tilapia every day but the internet tells me it's bad. What's a reasonable weekly allotment?

I want to eat Tilapia every day but the internet tells me it's bad. What's a reasonable weekly allotment?

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/05/06/35-tons-dead-fish-wash-up-china-lake/84014548/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

0 ounces of Tilapia per week
They literally grow them in sewer water
It's just tasteless fish

Yep, this. If you are so desperate for cheap protein, eat more rice and beans. It's a complete protein and it's cheap as fuck.

Not OP, but anyone have some recs for good frozen fish that aren't tilapia?

I moved recently. Used to be I had frozen fish (largemouth bass and brim; and red snapper, mackerel, yellowfin, and trigger fresh from when dad went saltwater fishing) for free to pamper me. Now I live too far away.

They have good fresh salmon out here but that is about it. What should I get?

But I think it tastes fine with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Is it slowly killing me?

everything slowly kills you, like breathing

Fish comes from China

China is bad

Enjoy your disease

Happy 13th birthday
Veeky Forums is an 18+ site

It's probably not doing you any good. It's like the McDonald's of fish

usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/05/06/35-tons-dead-fish-wash-up-china-lake/84014548/

No, it's true. He has to be pacific, if he just means killing you slowestly possible or experiencing more happiness at the cost of 10 years. It's like you don't know that oxygen actually harms our lungs over the long run.

You can't go wrong with walleye, perch, or crappie.

I love mackerel. If you can get fresh sardines, anchovies, or herring, those are great. I also like skate, escolar, chinook salmon, seabass, sturgeon, monkfish.

This was the -only- fish they served at my uni's caf

this thread is a meme.

fact: no one here is qualified to tell you what kinds of fish are healthier than others

if you're looking for cheap tasty protein then eat it.

if you're looking to live forever then fish your own goddamn fish out of the Atlantic ocean or something, you fucking hippie.

It's the only fish they serve even at otherwise nice restaurants. It's cheap and readily available. It's just bland and boring. And it's not even that I hate mild fish. I love mild fish if it's slightly sweet, nutty, oily, or has an interesting texture. Tilapia is just bland, Wonderbread fish.

I think you're thinking of branzino

Otherwise nice restaurants don't serve tilapia

>It's like you don't know that oxygen actually harms our lungs over the long run.
lol funny meme cockboy

McDonald's Fillet o' Fish is currently made with Alaskan pollock iirc, but it's been changed a couple of times over the years due to supply.
It's the same fish used in California rolls.

I eat a lot of fish, and I just want to tell you, OP, that white fish is white fish. Tilapia gets a bad rap because it's cheap, and it's cheap because it's plentiful, not because it's bad. In the end it's just as good as cod, you just have to appreciate it to the same degree you would cod.

Unless you're talking about mercury poisoning in which case I think you should eat it at most 3 times per week.

>t's cheap because it's plentiful, not because it's bad
No cheap things are always bad pathetic poorfag

Only frozen tilapia comes from China. The fresh stuff is always from Colombia/Costa Rica/Honduras

Well, I eat fish every Friday so once a week would be a good idea. I'd suggest you vary fishies occasionally though.

It's actually changed several times a year due to seasonal availability. McDonalds serves so many burgers, fries, and shakes that their logistics of just sourcing the food is unbelievable.

When they rolled out their blue berry smoothie last year they had to introduce entirely new blue berry suppliers to the US. They had to increase the supply of bblue berries in the US by something like 45%. If they hadn't they would have consumed the entire blue berry supply in the US by just making their blue berry smoothies.

haha oh wow

>no one here is qualified to tell you what kinds of fish are healthier than others
>Don't do what others tell because it's probably just their opinion.
>Now let me tell you what to do based completely on my opinion.