The only cocktails I have ever had are martinis. What are some other good male cocktails?

The only cocktails I have ever had are martinis. What are some other good male cocktails?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8C4TGGtPzBU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fine_Art_of_Mixing_Drinks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gibsons.

old fashioned

negroni

Dark 'n' Stormy
White Russian

cringe city
these are acceptable
anyone who thinks there are "male" and "female" cocktails should seriously consider gender reassignment surgery, your body identity issues are not a drink

manhattan

White russians aren't manly, they are delicious tho. I don't think anyone would judge

I really like gin martinis, however there comes a time when you have to man up, son.

And now is that time.

>man up
that's something frat boys do at binge drinking parties. I'm trying not to be judgmental here, but you're making it very difficult.

dude, I'm in my fifties
Boilermakers are the bomb.

now what, another wrong assumption to make a bad judgement about?

and take off that hat

I like bourbon sidecars, actual daquiris, or an Old Fashioned, but a lot of places make them way too sweet for my taste. Very dry martinis are fun if I'm feeling fancy.

In the summer, I'll drink a lot of rum runners and goombay smashes by the beach.

Boilermakers are great, you just gotta go to the right dive bar. Take your shot, drink your beer, talk shit with your buddies and play darts or shoot pool. You can ride that boilermaker buzz for a good long while.

>wrong assumption
but nothing I said was wrong, and you're still an embarrassing manchild

agree
it's manly
it's anti-poser
not a Fedora in sight

good times with the guys

maybe, but you are still wiener

your reply to this post will confirm this

Gimlets are pretty awesome gin based cocktails. Been my drink of 2016 so far

Oh man, gimlets are great. Gin and tonics are probably my go-to well in cheaper bars.

OP, don't forget about a Tom Collins. It's heating up in the civilized world, and nothing says summer like a pitcher of Tom Collins. Seersucker suit optional but recommended.

>male cocktails
Get your fragile masculinity out of here m8.

Acceptable and tasty.

Also good cocktails.
Champs Elysee
Mint Julep
Hot Toddy
Paper Plane
Zombie
Ginger Beer Shandy
Pimm's Cup
Ramos Gin Fiz
Pisco Sour

Martinis are fucking TRASH. there is no such thing as a "good" martini except maybe a Vesper, but you look like a fucking tool when you order one because we all know you're just a james bond wannabe even though it is objectively the only acceptable form of martini. otherwise it's jsut chilled fucking vodka or gin and what's the point of paying $12+ for making an clear spirit colder? do you know how many olives i can buy that amount of money? fuck martinis.
Also, they're impossible to make right. I used to be a bartender, and no matter what you do, you aren't going to satisfy the person ordering. make it your goddamn self if you're so particular about how many miliseconds londer it stays chilled or how many mililiters of brine extra you need or dont want

also, stop gendering drinks, and just drink what you enjoy. who gives a shit if it''s a pineapple upside down cake shot? fucking have fun, even if it's with sugary colorful things. have a good time. be silly. stop giving a shit what other people think of your lifestyle.

>you look like a fucking tool when you order one
>stop giving a shit what other people think of your lifestyle

>old fashioned (variable using peach, tangelo, cherry)
>white russian
>gin n tonic
>canadian whiskey with apple juice
>hot toddy
>vodka cranberry is acceptable in a pinch
I've always wanted to try a mint julip. What makes a cocktail not manly?

Rusty Nail famalama

French 75s are pretty good

Excessive sweetness, elaborate garnish, or gimmicky preparation.

>White Russians
>Not acceptable for men
You guys are insecure faggots.
Anywhere that has that or a Old Fashioned, Moscow Mule, or Mint Julep on the menu and does them well will get my business.

Any mix of two of the following three is great:

good brandy, good orange liqueur, Benedictine

Mixing all three hasn't worked out well though.

Extremely relevant to this conversation:

youtube.com/watch?v=8C4TGGtPzBU

Yeah, that character is as far as you can get from masculinity without having a vagina. He's a worthless slacker.

>a joke thats not very funny
>beat a dead horse for 6 minutes

cringe as fuck

I blame Twitter for people like you.

Gin & tonic.

Cuba libre

Marilyn Monroe

Whisky sour
Tequila sunrise
White russian ftw

>dark and stormy
>cringe city
s m h

>I blame twitter for criticizing something I like.

>male cocktails?
Just accept your homosexuality already.

I shot the last Mexican bartender with blue eyes to death for not serving me a high proof crown and coke. Id kill all of you, especially white people.

A martini is not 'jsut chilled fucking vodka or gin' it has vermouth and a garnish. if people wanted to make their own drinks they wouldn't go to bars hence you would not have had a job. you are the most arrogant retard I've seen on this board

>old fashioned
>slang for literally jerking off your cock
>manly

what am i reading here

Sazerac, with rye, sugar, peychauds bitters in an iced glass coated with absinthe.

Yea but sometimes it gets ridiculous like 12:1 or 24:1, just to prove how manly they are.

>12:1 or 24:1, just to prove how manly they are

Nobody is measuring that out. If anything, to make an extra dry martini they'll swirl vermouth around a chilled glass and dump it out, only leaving a thin coating before adding the vodka.

Nobody is ordering that to prove anything. They're ordering it because they want alcohol. I drink room temperature vodka straight out of a glass and it doesn't make me manly, it makes me an alcoholic.

Irish Car Bombs are better than regular ol' boilers.

why would martinis be considered feminine ?

Doesn't James Bond drink it ?

If you're slamming sure wy not?

But if you're just going to settle in for a night of drinking and talking and playing the juke box, then I like Boilermakers and a few toots of the old doob in the parking lot to help level off the buzz

pic not related

this looks like it has way too much peychaud's in it

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fine_Art_of_Mixing_Drinks

Daiquiri

8 parts white Cuban rum
2 parts lime juice
1 part simple syrup
Shake with lots of finely crushed ice and strain well into a chilled cocktail glass.

Jack Rose

8 parts Applejack
2 parts lemon juice
1 part Grenadine
Shake vigorously with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a twist of lemon, if desired.

Manhattan

5 parts American whiskey
1 part Italian (sweet) vermouth
dash of Angostura bitters to each drink
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail glass and serve garnished with a Maraschino cherry.

Martini

7 parts English gin
1 part French (dry) vermouth
Stir with ice, strain into a cocktail glass, twist lemon peel over the top and serve garnished with an olive, preferably one stuffed with any kind of nut.

Old Fashioned

12 parts American whiskey
1 part simple syrup
1-3 dashes Angostura bitters to each drink
In an old-fashioned glass, add bitters to simple syrup and stir. Add about 1 ounce of whiskey and stir again. Add two cubes of cracked, but not crushed, ice and top off with the rest of the whiskey. Twist lemon peel over the top and serve garnished with the lemon peel and a maraschino cherry.

Sidecar

8 parts Cognac or Armagnac
2 parts lemon juice
1 part Cointreau or triple sec
Shake vigorously with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with a twist of lemon, if desired.

If you don't slam your boilers, why do you even drink boilers? Why don't you just take a shot and sip your beer like a normal person? Boilermakers are bomb drinks; literally just subtract Bailey's and a car bomb turns into a boiler.
You don't even know what you're talking about, hoss.

vodka and tears

sorry bro, but a beer with shot is called a boiler maker

you want to drop it in the beer, go for it Jimmy
but you don't have to

A beer with a shot is called a beer with a shot, and is not a cocktail, because it's not mixed and is also just a fairly regular chaser for a shot. The thread is about cocktails, and you named one but you don't seem to have any clue what it entails.

A Boiler Maker is also called Chicago Style Cocktail in some bars (usually in Chicago)

In Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and Louisiana, you order a boilermaker, you're dropping a shot into a beer and pounding it. You'll look like a fool if you just toot your shot and nurse your beer, after everyone slammed their rounds.
Why do you keep posting broads

FUCKING YANKEES AMIRITE
*sips whiskey*
*tips derby hat*

It is pointless if you don't drop the shot. Depending on the bar, you may never be able to show your face again.

Also best Honey.

The only yankee state I ever been done gone and went to has been NY, and when I ordered a round of boilermakers for the bar, the whole fucking bar dropped their fucking shots into their fucking beers and god damn ding dang dad gum pounded the blasted whore's sons down their fucking mouths, you dumb asshole. You can holler "hick" and "redneck" until you're blue in the cocksucker, but you're wrong, you stupid prick.

been drinking them separate for years
never had a problem in any bar
however I never drink them with a limp wrist like you seem to be implying you do

do the girls make you nervous James?

Ah, how quaint, looks like you might just blow a gasket there son. How bouts you calm down 'fore you do anything rash like start ranting on one them imageboards. Oops, too late 'spose. Best shut yer mouth in case you might be partial to sayin somethin' rash

Listen here, bucko, you're not just wrong; you're fixing to about to going to be dead wrong, 'round hyah in a minnit, sonny boy. You best to be gettin' out of hyah real lickety split, 'fore I gutshoot you with my six gun.
Faggot.

>male cocktails
I'm sure you're worried about having a drink that's too sweet yet chug Mountain Dew every day

I really think a sidecar is better at around 1:1 brandy/Cointreau, but maybe I'm a savage.

I might have to regulate on both you fagboxes if you keep runnin' yer cuckholes unrestrained.

This is thread is starting to sound like a real bar
glad I stopped in

Another Boiler Maker for me and a round of Grasshoppers for these fine fellows sitting at the bar - no Creme de Menthe?

Well then give these fine chaps some white wine spritzers, they're looking kinda dry

That's it, I've had it with you yella sons a bitches! Draw!

>Male cocktail

there is only one male cocktail and it's bourbon, neat

zombies are great when made right. my buddy bounces and was telling me his bar only allows 2 per customer per night since they are so strong.

>muh corn
Bourbon is a bitch drink, inb4
>muh oak
Vanilla extract is a bitch flavor

>American whiskey

you're a massive faggot

red headed slut. fuck you, I like my girl drinks

me and the gf tried to make cranberry cucumber mojitos but they turned out foggy and pretty bitter even after we followed the Fairmont recipe.

Any tips?

The criticism was that his attention span was too low to take it in. There were many different jokes in there based around a single pretext, but he could only see one because he lacks the capacity to comprehend humour that goes beyond quick gags with punchlines.

Last Word is a great drink,
and most things with Suze in it are always a nice drink but definitely an acquired taste

Youre a shit bartender if you cant make a martini. Also vesper a shit.

user, you clearly meant God Tier.

First off, Sazerac is made with brandy or cognac. First 2 cocktails are Old-fashioned(rye, bourbon), second was the Sazerac(brandy, cognac). At some point in time the French couldn't deliver brandy(some kind of war going on or some such) so they started using rye.

Second. It's the best drink. I used to go to a bar that made the best I've ever had.

Muddle raw sugar cube with bitters.
Add 2oz Remy XO
Mist a chilled glass with absinthe. The mist adds aroma
Pour out any built up absinthe
Add the cocktail. One ice cube
Nectar of the gods.
I like to add 2 brandy cherries because they're fucking delicious

Bring a recipe with you.

I ordered it once when I was in LA and they gave me a tumbler full of something. It wasn't a sazerac, but it was 4oz of alcohol for 8$ at a hotel bar.

To clarify, add enough bitters to muddle the sugar cube, no more than that. It's like 3-4 dashes

You ignorant cunt, a sazerac is made with rye whiskey.

Fuck your Yankee shit.

>5 parts American whiskey

rye, motherfucker!

Sazeracs were made with cognac until a plague wiped out the French vineyards.

Since 1873 it's been made with rye; it's history as a cognac cocktail lasted only around 25 years, vs it's 143 year history as a rye derived drink.

So yeah, originally cognac; but the weight of tradition leans heavily towards whiskey.

>men
>cocktails
Pick one

Does the sazerac company still make brandy? I did a search and only found 19th century bottles for 10 grand.
Would love to get down to New Orleans and try one out in the Charles hotel or someplace .

Long island ice tea, it's the most bang for your buck.

Personally I like margaritas.

anything with coke in it is a pleb drink

>insecure about drinks
>not a closeted fudge packer

Mules are my favorite

Vodka and ginger beer with some limt, optional mint

So good, I may actually make some after work

If your bartender is putting soda in your Long island ice tea, you need to find a new bar.

This guy knows what he is talking about. Brandy is an interesting footnote in the history of the Sazerac but it is foremost a whiskey cocktail.

And no offence to the Saz-autist but IMO using an XO cognac like that is a waste, the small difference it makes to a cocktail over say a nice VSOP for 1/3 of the price doesnt justify the cost.

Fun thing about basic cocktails like the Saz is that the smallest alterations make a world of difference, so making them at home never gets boring. Mix up the type and quantity of absinthe, maybe use a Chartreuse rinse, different ryes or bourbon, even using cognac as suggested or other dark spirits, then there is the whole world of combining diffrent spirits such as experimenting with different proportions of rye and say a port finished highland scotch

A Moscow mule is a fucking killer summer drink.
A bloody Mary is also great on a Sunday early afternoon.

Protip: any cocktail is a "male" cocktail, bro. When you learn to appreciate mixology, you learn to appreciate all kinds of flavors. Just because something has fruit in it don't mean it's a girl drink.

Experiment and drink what you like.

Is straight whiskey, no ice, a cocktail?

>i-i'm a man!!
This shit is so stupid, you're on Veeky Forums. You're not men, stuff your fedora sensibilities.