Basic/General Food lets go

I like really basic burgers and hot dogs Veeky Forums

some people cook gourmet burgers and shit that take like hours to fucking make, WTF?

also favorite food thread

lets goooo!

breakfast burritos are simple and you can throw whatever meat you want in there.

pasta with cut up bits of bacon and grated cheese is amazing

Biscuits and Gravy are pretty bomb.

chicken kievs and chicken gougons ( big nuggets )

are pretty decent also with GARLIC BREAD

what kind of biscuits and do you mean real gravy? like brown and warm?

Bacon and eggs scrambled dry.

CHEESE ON TOAST IS GLORIOUS

2 pieces of cheese on toast with bacon in the middle

like a cheese and bacon toastie

( cheese faces inward of the sandwich... )

Pasta with garlic ,olive oil, parsley, and red pepper.

Bonus points if you temper eggs into it after cooking, like a carbonara.

google it, sucka

how antisocial of you sir.

>>hours to make
you fucking grill the meat, and while the meat is cooking, you chop the vegetables. it takes less than 5 minutes. odds are your burger or dog will be not even done by the time the other ingredients are ready you lazy basic eating shit stain.

Roasted chicken thighs with basmati rice and salad.

Brown them skin down then finish in the oven.

I just noticed what the ends of hot dogs look like. And they're actually made with them, too!

American southern-style biscuits.

Dense, fluffy bread, served with a white gravy made with meat drippings worked into a light roux, generally spiced with a good amount of black pepper.

Some places serve it with browned breakfast sausage on top or mixed into the gravy.

This, pretty much.

I use a big ceramic pot, after marinating, pat the skin dry, sear the skin with onions/garlic in the pot, flip chicken, pour leftover marinade, and let bake until done.

Serve with rice and broccoli.

>rice and broccoli
Not bad.

So I bought some shoulder boneless london broil. Do i really need to broil this shit or can I do it on a pan? I don't really eat meat but I think i bought the wrong meat for a steak. It's like an inch thick.

London broil cooks best when done very quickly, aka broiled. I suppose you can pan broil it if you know what you're doing; just be sure to slice it properly.

You might want to google this shit. It's easy to do, but not for a person that doesn't eat meat.

You could do it in a pan or grill. If your worry about toughening it too much, just sear both sides and throw it in the oven until desired done-ness.

elaborate

Marinate it for a few hours or overnight, sear it in a pan, finish in the oven.

Make sure to slice it thin, across the grain.

Take cheese.
Put on toast.
You now have cheese on toast.

my favorite food is mac n cheese and yes i have a job and yes im 23 what is your point

That's a fairly lean cut, so try not to go over medium in doneness, depending on your preference.

Make sure you've got it nice and dry before you pan sear it, because you're going to want a good crust to go with that thick of a steak.

I highly recommend preparing a sauce from the drippings and cream to help with richness when you eat it.

WHAT KIND OF CHEESE MAN

Whatever kind you prefer.

GO CRAZY MAN

EARLIER I TOASTED SOME TOAST

AND THEN I PUT SOME MOZZARELLA ON THAT UNDER THE BROILER WITH PEPPERONI

AND DIPPED IT IN MARINARA

SHIT WAS SO CASH

Thanks I really liked that picture for the motivation.

Can I just use the frying pan into the oven. I just recently moved out I honestly don't have much and no baking pan.

Provided the pan is oven safe, yes.

This.