Ok guys, playing tourist in Denver this weekend

Ok guys, playing tourist in Denver this weekend.
Yesterday I discovered that I don't really enjoy smoking pot but found an awesome Indian fusion place downtown.
Todayou I am in North denver and it's raining cats and dogs:(
Where can I go for comfort food?

COfag here. Go to a brewery with a food truck. It's always mega comfy, and you get to taste our pride and joy as well. Feel free to call the brewery you're looking at to see if there's a truck there and what kind.

Also, if you're around Aurora, Thai Street Food is bretty good. Populist is also nice, and relatively cheap if you get a burger or something. If you're closer to downtown, the Cheeky Monk is great for the atmosphere; disregard the shit reviews they suck cocks. Also, there's Pho everywhere, and it's max comfy during rainy weather if you're a poorfag.

>comfort food
>tfw no more Tom's Home Cookin'
I would have recommended that if they didn't close at the end of last year. If you're on Colfax near the Capitol, check out Bourbon Grill. It's just a little window, but boy is the food good. Get the bourbon chicken with cabbage and spicy noodles.
If you like sausages, you can't go wrong with Biker Jim's. No need to recommend anything in particular from there because it's all good.
Check out Federal Blvd for some bomb Banh Mi. I like either Ba Le or Baker's Palace. If you go to Ba Le, get the Chinese bbq pork.
If you end up on the South side of Denver, near the Cherry Creek area, go to the Continental Deli. They supply sausages to many restaurants in the area, and it's hard to find a better liverwurst anywhere.

Also, you can't go to Denver and not get a smothered burrito at least once. There are two main types of green chile that go on smothered burritos: thin and thick. Thin is going to taste more of pork, while thick is going to taste more of chilies. For thin, I like either Blue Bonnet on Broadway, or Sam's No 3 downtown. For thick, you can't beat The Original Chubby's on 38th. It looks the same going out as it does going in, but you'll never be happier with lava shits in your life.

>Chubby's on 38th
This is pretty close by.
Think I will try it.

denver looks a lot like salt lake city.

>go with a brewery

No. Breweries are always fucking over priced and mediocre. Unless your a fat middle aged manager type how wants to suck down 4 beers for 30 dollars, go somewhere else.

16th street mall is full of gimmicky memestaurants unless you go on market street and close to coors field.

try denver's mexican food.

like cheeky monk and any colfax restaurant just east of the capital building is really good. the further you go east on colfax, the shittier it gets, but that only applies for after about 3 miles.

I heard Stuebens is really good, and there are nice hips spots on 17th street

Sams No. 3 is bomb for breakfast and they serve booze

Don't know any places but I bet you can't go wrong with a Denver Omelette from pretty much anywhere.

I'm currently living in golden, which is about 30 minutes west of Denver, and D'deli has the best sandwiches I have every had
would recommend

>stueben's
my nigga

>Mexican food
Yeah. Our smothered breakfast burritoes and street tacos are pretty ebin. Try tacos tequila whiskey, it's fantastic (although not what I'd call comfy).

>Breweries are overpriced
Some. Clearly, if you go to Avery or Copper Kettle or something, you're gonna get rekt. However, a lot of places you can get a PINT of 10% beer for $10. And, the beer is fucking delicious. You should try going to Strange, Great Divide, or if you're THAT far north, 4 Noses or Nighthawk.

That said, if you like shit beer, don't go to breweries. Also, how the fuck can you endorse the Cheeky Monk if their beer is far more expensive (and worse) than a sizeable chunk of our breweries? Literally what?

Golden>denver>boulder

Best pho I've had in the US was at Pho 95 on S. Federal St.

Went to the chubby for lunch.
Windows busted in building.
Under construction.
No seating take out only.
Rough Mexican neighborhood, only whitey getting odd looks.
user wanted me kill.

Now downtown near coors field looking for a sit down place.

Food smelled good but nowhere to eat it so I noped.

It was a sign. Chubby's isn't good. I have no idea why people rave about it

don't go to the viewhouse. it's near coors field.

if you're downtown, you might as well go to 16th street. it's nice to walk and it looks like it won't rain for a bit.

if you're looking to get out of downtown but still stay in denver, go to Little Anita's on Colorado Blvd.

Ended up at stowaway.
Not bad, a little hip

Was this joke really worth the effort?

I highly recommend stopping in to the Celtic Tavern at some point for a pint and a steak and ale pie. Comfy as all get out.

Little Anita's is outstanding. I eat at that one like nearly every week.

>Celtic Tavern

Hmm might hit that for dinner.
What are the portions like?

Black Mountain Shepherd’s Pie- Ground lamb and beef with carrots, onions, and peas in a rich brown
sauce with piped mash potatoes. $12.95
looks especially nice.

There's a great Mexican restaurant I ate at around Denver, but can't recall the name.

I'd highly recommend going to Great Divide brewery to pick up some growlers or at least drink some fresh tap beer. Most of the stuff I tried there was excellent, and the pilsner I got in a growler was maybe the best pils I've ever had. You can skip the brewery tour though--it's mostly technical and not very interesting.

>Chubby's isn't good
t. Santiago

One trip to Coors doesn't count, user.

I can get a great true pint for $4-$5, or $3 at happy hour. Food trucks can be pricy, but some are wonderful. Most local breweries lost the food trucks for the week online so you can plan accordingly.

I can also visit different breweries for different beers. I go to Locavore for Belgians and their Nitro tap, Saint Patrick's has some great lagers, and Living the Dream always has some obscure dead style they replicate, often in great ways. Joyride has fantastic IPAs and a black IPA to die for.

Me and another person can walk out of a brewery full, inebriated, and happy, and $40 is more than enough to cover two people.

If that is too expensive for you, just buy beer and drink at home.

>list the food trucks

I was there midday to watch a soccer match so my buddy and I each got a happy hour portion, one shepherd's pie and the other steak and ale. Also tried their green chile (not nearly my favorite in the city, I prefer the thinner porkier variety). The shepherd's was good but the steak and ale was godly. Also, if you're lucky, Dee will be working. Of course this was last summer so for all I know she might not be employed there anymore.

Did you deep tongue her in the fartbox?