Boiling sausages

Is boiling sausages a legitimate way to cook them?

I tried boiling some brats but they tasted even oilier than when I pan fried them. What gives?

I've heard it's a good way to cook thick sausages, they don't burn on the outside before the inside is cooked.

Still need to brown them in a pan a bit before you serve them though.

Frankfurts and things like that are cooked by boiling.

I've never heard of boiling sausages though.

you were probably missing the crispy, drier outside from being seared. also, boiling water only goes up to 212F unless you do it in a pressure cooker, so that probably kept more fat and juices in.

boil in cheap beer then pan fry nigga

yeah but they would lose most of their flavor in the water

Just steam it, or put a little of water in the pan and cover it without using any oil.

Yes.

No.

I always wonder why Americans by default cook sausages in beer. Are they that bad? Do you actually think boiling them in bud light makes them any better?

The attached webm is related to this topic as it shows a very popular American YT chef working with a hot dog.

You know.. just because you're boiling something, doesn't mean you have to use just water.
How about some white wine, a little bit of beer in there, some scirracha, some stock, some aromatic veggies like carrots and celery, it will add to the flavor of your weiner

I boil sausages all the time. Cooking them in a frying pan or in the oven is pretty gross.

>tfw you slice into your bangers and mash and the sausage sprays a fountain of disgusting meat juice at you

Fucking sausages, man. Now they get sliced ahead of time and go directly into the gravy to stew for a bit. It tastes exactly the same.

>boiling

I use bud light lime for those south of the border flavors.

>BOIL EVERYTHING LOL
Fuck off Britbong

To be fair, British sausages are pretty much just ground up fat.

Nah, pretty much just sausages. And I live in north america.

I've been visiting Veeky Forums lately and I've been having a good time. Question though: why are "Do Americans really..." and "Do Britbongs really..." always being brought up? And why just those two more than any other? Is this some board rivalry or something?

They are a meme.

You niggers have some real snooty, firestarting memes.

Germanfag here
The germans are the sausage (Wurst) master race so let me tell you something

There are some sausages that can be cooked or boiled and some that can only be fried for example

Cooking sausages:
-wiener
-debreziner
-Weißwurst

Frying sausages:
-Bratwurst
-Bernerwurst
-käsekrainer

If you boil some sausages it's important to sacrifice a sausage. Just rip one in many small pices and let it cook for a few minutes.
So the water geta salty and tastes like sausage and the other sausages won't loose their flavour

It's pretty common for some types of sausage in Germany and neighboring countries.
Well, technically you never boil sausages. You steep them. The water should never boil.

One issue is that steeping sausages in unseasoned water will make them lose flavor. If you're a sausage stall making 100s of sausages a day, that's not really an issue, since your water will take on the flavor after a while.
If you want to make a few sausages for yourself, this might not really an option though. One way to fix that is to have a "sacrificial sausage" which you cut up and put in the water so it can take on its flavor.

As I said, it really depends on the type of sausage. Bratwurst you don't steep. Weißwurst you pretty much always steep. You can do either with Frankfurter/Vienna sausage.

Fact: Anglos never get the "ei" or "ie" correct. Imbeciles.

u r wiener

Wrong again.

>sacrifice a sausage
Thanks for the tip anons.

We call it "circumcision" here in the States.

u elr wieienerr!!!

>We call it "circumcision" here in the States.
I'm well aware that Americans go out of their way to find comparisons with male genitals but this is a cookery board.

>created in god's image
>durr but we have to do invasive surgery on one of the most sensitive body parts

Atheists 1 rest of the world 0

boiling actually somehow gets rid of more fat and juices in sausages. But ONLY if you poke holes in the skin on the outside. Which my mom did. She would boil the shit out of them to try "making them healthier" then she would broil them so they would brown. They would have almost no flavor, no fat left and were dry logs of tasteless meat leftovers.

Very knowledgable post user. The idea of sacrificing a sausage makes me sad but I can see why it makes sense

it seems to dry them out due to some sort of weird osmosis effect vis-a-vis the sausage's salty interior and the water...grilling is always the better bet.

but it's not horrible to boil them...do pan sear them afterward briefly.

just don't submerge them in water, but rather use a bare minimum amount of water enough to prevent the sausage from sticking to the pan, at least that's how I'd do it if I had to "boil" them, I usually cook them with tomato sauce though, as side dish for pasta, this way the flavour isn't wasted in the water but absorbed in the sauce that going to enrich the pasta dish.

That's not what vis-a-vis means.

It's called "circumcision" here in the States.

there has been an NA vs EA rivalry since like 2011, which probably originated from /int/ and /sp/ then migrated to /pol/

it's annoying sometimes, but fun others

This is an English-language imageboard, so even though there is an international userbase, naturally the largest two demographics will be the island where the English language was invented and its largest colony; and yes, there is a longstanding passive-aggressive rivalry between us in all matters of culture and taste. Food is an excellent topic to bring it out in the open.

In soviet Russia we boil them as a rule. But our entire cuisine is based on baking, stewing and boiling.

>there is a longstanding passive-aggressive rivalry between us

There really isn't. You're just trying to explain the behaviour of a handful of idiots.

You know it