Good food from Cracker Barrel

What's the best food from here?

uh, I herd their dumplings are good, I'm usually too afraid to go there because it's redneck central and I have long hair.

Cracker barrel is my favorite chain restaurant. And the only chain restaurant like. They're just so convenient when you've been driving for 9+ hours and you want something simply and hot in your tummy.

I always get biscuits and gravy with two scrambled eggs. If I don't want to eat that much, I'll do two scrambled eggs with cheese grits. Basically their breakfast menu is pretty great and for dinner I only really loved the chicken pot pie, but they made it a Wednesday-only special many years ago.

Chicken fried steak is good. Fried catfish (if y'all got it) is great. Aforementioned chicken pot pie is good.

To be honest it's a really simple menu that accommodates most tastes, even picky eaters.

>even picky eaters
I ate at a Cracker Barrel in 2005. The entire point of the restaurant is to accommodate picky eater carnist types who make loud gagging noises at anything resembling food that cultured people eat.

>I'm usually too afraid to go there because it's redneck central and I have long hair.

This is probably the gayest post I've seen this week

yeah but it's real easy to get one of the waiters to blow you in the men's room

Fuck off nobody asked you trip faggot

>tripfag
>on a cooking board

fuck off, christ

>eats at a Cracker Barrel one time
>thinks he knows a restaurant

Greens and vinegar son MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Fuck off.

love dat chicken fried steak

homofag detected

The scrambled eggs are pretty good, and so is the bacon and biscuits and the hasbrown casserole. Usually I get 6 eggs, a side of bacon, a side of biscuits with gravy and butter and hashbrown casserole when I go there And have a gigantic fatgasm because of the absolute joy of their food. That's what I recommend.

AND YES IM VERY FAT BUT CAN LIFT MORE THAN YOU

How many pl8 you got on your weighted dips m8

chicken fried steak

Baked Apples/Mac & Cheese/Dumplings as the sides

A+

don't fucking trip on Veeky Forums dude c'mon

anyway cracker barrel is pretty good for a chain. that hashbrown casserole is great, the chicken fried steak is okay, eggs are eggs. for dinner they actually have a good meatloaf believe it or not. i've made hashbrown casserole at home a few times and it never turns out the same, and i think that might be because they let it sit for a long time.

jesus christ

I rarely ever go there

but I remember their pork tenderloin biscuits were good, and so is their chicken-fried steak

70 lbs of pure goodness, which evidently is the same thing my mom said about me when I was born.

The chicken fried steak is absolutely disgusting. Get the fried chicken there

pancakes, son, the best thing they sell, get it with some sausage

Nothing. It's target market is baby boomers and older who need to gum everything and more than 5 flakes of pepper is 'too spicy'. It's bland, texture-less and caters to faggots who don't know what good food is.

>tl;dr Cracker Barrel sucks.

Does anyone have any recipes close to their baked apples?

Haven't ate at one in forever but I remember their biscuits were amazing, just ask the server what's the best thing the kitchen makes they've probably eaten the food often enough.

Well, I went there today for Mothers Day. I had meatloaf with fried okra, fried apples, and steamed broccoli. None of it was anything special, so I'll say that none of those are the best thing there. My mom's favorite thing from there is the greens.

Country Boy Breakfast

Avoid anything with sausage gravy. Their gravy is flavorless.

idk, but I went there a few years ago as a vegetarian and I could live off of their free cornbread and dinner rolls

I've only been there twice before, and the food was pretty bad both times. It's like Bob Evans but with a gift shop attached.

Food has potential but they don't season anything. The tea either tastes like water or sugar.

Are you a trap?

This with the sirloin, also Uncle Hershel's with the country ham is pretty great.

The hashbrown casserole is easily the best side. Fried apples are great, too.

I have ridiculous nostalgia from eating there a lot and getting candy/toys from the gift shop thing as a kid-- so it's a super comfy place to stop when I'm traveling.

they sell them in their store in a mason jar and you just take them home and heat them up if you don't want to make them from a recipe

Everything there is styled to be "down-home country cookin,'" Or, in other words, really fucking bland.

The chicken-friend steak and the baked apples are the best they offer. The dumplings are alright.

If you get any gravy, make sure it's the Sawmill type.