Keto Thread

Is anybody else /keto/ and loving it?

Also, keto dinner cook along

Kinda neat the way the can opens. Looks promising

And there she is folks. Smells promising

do americans really eat this?

Almost too beautiful to eat. This is what being /keto/ is all about, folks.

Looks like I'm in for a treat, Veeky Forums

Tonight I will be preparing my dinner using one of the most useful, versatile and trusted kitchen appliances available today, the George Foreman grill.

It does the trick, every time. Never let's me down.

Now melting a little butter on the surface of the george

The absolute madman.

mash that corned beef up in a bowl.

Add some Mayonaise and ketchup and some sweet pickle relish. Stir it all up into a hash.

Eat cold, either spread on toast or with crackers. One can should give you enough "Salad" for like, two or three days.

>making an ironically disgusting thread
>some asshole posts a "recipe" for something even more disgusting than your OC and is serious about it

Just get out of here

Eggs are almost there

It's a little tricky cooking eggs on a george foreman grill but I think I've got it down

>cooking your eggs before your hashbrowns
you ARE having hashbrowns, right?

Close the lid, do it.

And there you have it. A delicious, low carb dinner that tastes better than it looks. Hope you enjoyed the cook-along!

>keto

hashbrowns would not fall under low carb

keto is a meme

If you don't like corned beef, why the fuck are you here?

actually doesn't look half bad OP. Almost makes the diarrhea seem worth it.

Not really. You just fried a couple of ingredients. Anybody can do that. The thread was totally pointless.

Not having something to soak up the egg yolks = not worth living.

Lol thats prbly loaded in sugar and carbs, have fun getting knocked out ketosis for some shit tier food. If you have enough sugar then ye it can knock you out of ketosis, basically any canned food has carbs. And look beans wow thats basically carb in a can eh

See
Very low carb, dumbfuck

The second pic has the nutritional information clearly shown. He probably did that specifically so he could pwn unobservant punks such as yourself.

OP here. Doing keto has helped me lose enough weight to not only see my dick for the first time in years, but to use it on a regular basis as well. Fucking like a champ again is totally worth giving up hash browns for 10 months

Don't all these dumb new fad diets have their own support websites/forums where you can go and jerk each other off?

>Not really. You just fried a couple of ingredients. Anybody can do that.
What's your point

Yes. You've found that very website and forum! Welcome! If you don't like it here, maybe try our sister forum - Veeky Forums

My point is that I didn't enjoy your cook along because you just fried a couple of ingredients (literally a couple-- only two), which any idiot can do. It's not interesting at all.

Hey, buddy. If you want another thread about what to order at Taco Bell there's plenty of other threads out there. Heaven forbid, you could make your own. You faggot.

OP here, this is not me.

Sorry you didn't enjoy my thread but please understand that the whole thread was made in jest. I shouldn't have to explain this to you, seeing as how I mentioned the ironic nature of the thread here , but I understand this community has a higher than average rate of autism so I'll forgive your inability recognize satire

A wise man once said something about ironic shitposting..

>I was just being Ironic!

next time when opening a can of corned beef, it helps to remove the paper label before using the key to open the can.

when cooking corned beef of this brand, just fry it like ground beef. You don't need cooking oil because it's greasy enough. Break it down as much as you can. Season with garlic powdered and black pepper.

If you want to be fancy about it, you can satuee some onions, garlic, and peppers, then mixed in corned beef and diced tomatoes.

eat it with steamed white rice. 2 fried eggs if you want to. ;)

Tabasco/Crystal hot sauce or similar hot sauces go okay with it.

just die please.

Nigga that shit's going to turn to liquid on you

But I think you know that

I didn't have any problems opening the can, user. I'm not an 80 yealr old woman. The paper label isn't going to slow me down.

Also, I wasn't looking for serving suggestions as I've eaten canned corned beef many, many times. But thanks anyway

I'm trying

Obviously it didn't turn to liquid Does anybody actually read threads before popping off?

peel off the label before opening the can

Why?

>mfw a fatty ketoter tries to tell me how all the sugar and carbs I eat is bad for me

If you actually think this is healthier than eating carbs I feel bad for you

Nobody here is doing that

Of course it isn't as healthy as a balanced diet, but it's only temporary. It's a good (though not entirely healthy) way to take off a lot of weight, but I plan to transition back into regular diet and exercise once I reach a certain weight.

I'm not here to debate the pros and cons of the keto diet. I just wanted to share a gross looking (but tasty) dinner I made last night

I'd also like to add that this is not how I am eating on a daily basis. Pic related is more representative of how I have been eating while doing the keto diet. Also taking a multivitamin every day and staying under 1900 calories, for what it's worth

>Nobody here is doing that

Yeah, not in this thread right this moment, but it is something that happens quite a lot with people on keto (i.e. fat people) they villainize sugar and carbs because they don't want to take responsibility for allowing themselves to get so fat and they try to project that view of sugar equals poison on everyone else despite no one else having any issues with it.

Some galbi I made this weekend

You're right, I've actually witnessed that many times. I'm trying to be very mindful of how I talk about keto with people when they ask what I'm doing to lose weight so I don't sound like one of the jackasses you've described. I basically let them ask and I just answer their questions.

I've run into a lot of unexpected hate and passive aggressiveness from people when they find out I'm doing the ketogenic diet. I don't understand it, so I chalk it up to jealousy and pettiness because it usually come from other overweight people who are struggling with their own weight

The only problem I see with keto diet, is that it would be hard to transition back into a "normal" diet without gaining a bunch of weight. The keto diet only teaches you how to eat a keto diet, not how to eat moderate portions of a higher variety foods.

It's true that is a lot of people's major downfall with keto. Just like any fad diet there is a much greater chance of gaining all of the weight back. A lot of people don't realize that the hardest part is keeping it off. All I can do is give it my best shot and stay vigilant.

remove the label before you use the key. It's much easier and prevents breaking off the metal strip

If you say so. I've never removed the paper and never had a problem

>It's much easier
No, it's a pointless extra step

>and prevents breaking off the metal strip
Are you suggesting that the thin paper label is somehow strong enough to damage the metal strip? That's beyond silly.

it's a good idea to remove the label before you open the can. Makes it easier.

Thanks

how come you don't peel off the label before opening the can? It's say on the label that you should remove the label before opening the can.

I'm just doing half my maintenance calories.
Literally just going to double my intake with the difference being entirely carbs.

Hopefully I can still eat that much.

>8g carbs
>15g protein
You better have larded that shit up or else you just fucked your keto macros, son.

I've only ever seen it on the internet. Most people I've talked to about it in real life didn't know what it was until I said it was the same idea as Atkins.

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Yes, a little high in protein but that isn't a problem on keto.
>8g of carbs
Are you fucking retarded? God damn what kind of idiot can't read a nutrition label? I'm sure you got all excited when you thought you were going to prove me wrong or whatever, but instead you look like a dumbass. Kill yourself, faggot.

>she doesn't peel away the label before opening the can

How much weight you lost and how healthy do you feel OP? I've been tempted with this diet but I love me some carbs.

Too much protein actually is a problem in keto. Some of it can end up being processed in the same way as sugar. I don't remember the specifics because it's been a long time since I seriously read about keto, and have the information retention and memory recall of your average grain brain.

>eating from dented cans

Try peeling away the label before you use the key. See the difference!

I had some of that canned corned beef from Brazil a few weeks ago and almost chipped my teeth on a big chunk of bone.

Yes, I am aware that too much protein can be bad for keto as it can cause gluconeogenesis. The general rule is that you should have 0.7 - 0.9 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

I am at about 230 down from 300 in about 8 months. So that means I can eat about 160g of protein per day. That day I had about 125g total (50g from that meal).

I feel great and very healthy today. There were times when I felt weak and carb-deprived during the past 8 months though and I did slip up a few times, but that's normal. It takes discipline, just like any other diet. I am lucky to not have been a big fan of sugary drinks and sweets in general, so that stuff was easy to give up. If you're a carbaholic you will likely struggle. The fact that I am still able to drink whiskey while on keto has been a saving grace for me.

OP here. Thanks I'll try that next time

As a person who successfully did keto, I am convinced that high glycemic carbs, simple carbs, and sucrose are bad for you. How aren't they?

They're what your body is designed to get calories from most efficiently. It's only bad in a modern diet when we have carbs literally all the fucking time.
Carbs used to be the occasional in season fruit/berry. Now it's the added sugar we're shoving in everything while saying fat is the TRUE devil.

Keto newfag here, I have a seasonal job at a hotel coming up in about a month and I'm worrying that keto won't be super viable since we're served at location and usually it's hi-carb stuff (pasta and whatnot). Right now I'm maintaining a ~20-30 gram diet and working out every other day, accounting for the situation, would doubling what I'm currently doing be viable or is it basically meaningless past a certain point?

>Carbs used to be the occasional in season fruit/berry

Carbs was a lot more than just an occasional thing, they made up a large part of the hunter gatherer diet. Meat was the rare commodity, it took a lot more effort to get and didn't last long.

My diet ranges from 60-80% carbs and I'm very healthy (BMI: 18.9~, blood tests for things like cholesterol always perfect), but the carbs I eat largely come from vegetables, grains and stuff like that which I all cook myself. Because the things I get my carbs from also contain a fair amount of fibre, I never manage to over eat on them because they will fill me up fairly quickly so I've never had to count a calorie in my life.

Sugar only becomes a problem when it's something that won't fill you up, like a sugary drink. Where you can end up drinking so many calories without actually realising it. If you just have a normal high carb diet, it's pretty much one of the best you can do for yourself. The longest living and healthiest cultures in the world live on high carbs, but their carbs don't come from coca cola and donuts.

look at the teeth of someone who consumes carbs and someone who eats keto
Enjoy your black rot and gross tongue build up with your grain consumption

honestly some people can maintain keto at about 50g a day if they're active.
I hate induction so I never go above 25 including fiber because fuck induction.

>packed under Brazilian Government inspection

you're already dead.

how come you didn't peel the label before using the key?

Heyo Op, just wanted to chime in as well and compliment on your nice cookalong thread. It was nice to read and the pictures enriched its experience for me, thank you.

But with this post something i a little not so perfect. While it is nice to remind certain faggots of their autism, it seems a little disturbing to claim your own endeavours to be "ironic".
Of course, I may be wrong in some way, but in my humble opinion it is a recurrent fallacy of this board to mark your posting as not serious or even low in quality. Whereas quality to me directly relates to reality, speaking in Veeky Forums terms. So, for me, and probably for many others too, I like corned beef quite a lot and will never disregard a thread like this, as when it comes to cooking something with corned beef.

tl;dr
most of the Veeky Forums faggots are not the great cooks they claim to be, so thanks for your heartwarming OC friendo.

I wanted to display the nutrition information for people like this