Thinking about buying a good rice cooker. Costco has an induction Tiger model for $289

Thinking about buying a good rice cooker. Costco has an induction Tiger model for $289. costco.com/Tiger-5.5-Cup-Induction-Heating-Rice-Cooker-%26-Warmer.product.100279608.html

Does anybody have any other suggestions. The Costco one is $70 less than the same model on Amazon.

There's no difference between a $30 aroma rice cooker and a $200 japanese rice cooker.

>there's no difference between a $30 aroma rice cooker and a $200 japanese rice cooker

The induction cooking heats the rice evenly from all sides. It also varies the heat and cooking time based on real time moisture levels.

dumbass weeb

go right ahead and pay 7x more for muh authetic grorious japanesesu brandu

Is it worth the money for a pressure model? It seems like there is a big step up in price for pressure cooking. Most the ones on Amazon are around $500.

$289 to cook rice

Jesus christ waste your money if you want to, but that is fucking retarded

A good non-stick pot does the job just fine, and they usually don't cost more than $50.

Not everyone here is a broke dick.

Yeah I'm not because I don't throw hundreds of dollars at something you can do easily with any pot

google GABA rice and you'll see why you want pressurized rice

Xiaomi rice cooker

>nonstick
enjoy your carcinogens you fucknut

Looks cool but it's only available in China.

try ebay

you can order from taobao if you are in the US or Australia.

There IS a difference between mid/high end Japanese cookers and American shit tier cookers. For Americans, the $30 Aroma is fine. I have a Japanese cooker, but I live in Kyoto and am learning traditional Japanese cooking. Soooo, I use it for 90% of my meals. In this case, it is worth it. Not only because of the amount of use, but the quality truly is much better. It is simply not a priority, nor is it in the realm of perception for people of ethic backgrounds that do nit highly value rice.

TL;DR--Japanese cookers are better but only worth it for people who eat rice all day err day and can perceive the difference in quality.

>using a botnet rice cooker

>not just buying that bagged stuff you can put in the microwave and have cooked in 2 minutes.

It's just fucking rice.

Except thats totally wrong. Aroma is garbage and actually worse than a pot. A Tiger or Zoujiroushi is much better than a pot

Anyway 289 seems high but if it has a lot of extra features you want and that you'll actually use then it'll be the best rice you've eaten OP.

>there are actually people who buy boil in the bag rice
Do you know how much money you're wasting for inferior quality rice?

Talking about this stuff fäm. Don't even need to boil any water, just stick the package straight in the microwave

I'm a 75 year old chinese grandma , i find this offensive

Get a zoujiroushi

I take pots of one minute rice to work to have with lunches. Anyone have a good idea for cooking rice the night before and keeping it good for the next day or two?

Just why? It costs about 3x as much and the quality is inferior.

convenience

you are correct on every premise

Just calculated it, microwave rice is 10x the price. Still think it's worth it? For every £1 I spend on rice, you're paying £10