What would you do if your son or daughter came out to you as vegetarian or vegan?

What would you do if your son or daughter came out to you as vegetarian or vegan?

Gordon Ramsay sounds pretty badass, he says he would either

>'I would pay my kids not to be vegetarian'

>'My biggest nightmare would be if the kids ever came up to me and said "Dad, I'm a vegetarian". Then I would sit them on the fence and electrocute them.'

I would just pull a Mommie Dearest and make them carry that plate of meat around until they ate it. In all seriousness I'd rather my child be gay than vegetarian or vegan.

Other urls found in this thread:

petakids.com/parents/raising-vegan-baby-first-year/
youtube.com/watch?v=H4s7RRfZNA0
youtube.com/watch?v=GYcTrMiWGYM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gordon Ramsay tries too hard to be dark and edgy.

I would tell them that we evolved to eat meat and it's normal to feel bad about having to kill an animal for food. That's why we need cultured/in vitro meat.

Then they'll want to be a scientist and help people instead of some kid who needs therapy because their father made jokes about electrocuting them.

I'd do the same things my parents did when we wanted to be picky eaters. They'd try to fix things that we like but at the end of the day, you either eat what's been fixed for you or you don't eat.

Vegetarianism is so fucking easy to accommodate there's no reason I couldn't do that. As for veganism? Fuck no. You can try to fuck up your body when you're 18. Feeding children a strictly vegan diet is child abuse and I ain't going to jail.

>Feeding children a strictly vegan diet is child abuse and I ain't going to jail.

petakids.com/parents/raising-vegan-baby-first-year/

>peta
Definitely not following that link.

Fine, here's a non-PETA source.

youtube.com/watch?v=H4s7RRfZNA0

I'd embrace them for overcoming the serious mental illness of eating animal products

You realize that if our ancestors did not eat meat our brains would not have grown exponentially. Technically you're arguing for mental retardation, by arguing against meat. Suck that soy boy.

i'd praise them for having a strong enough moral compass to want to change their diet to follow it and do my best to accomodate

We don't need meat in this day and age though. Whether you want to eat it or not is up to you, but it's not necessary

I'd be a decent parent and respect the decisions of my beloved offspring and do my best to accommodate. If it's a phase, they'll grow out of it, and if it isn't, it doesn't really matter.

>I would just pull a Mommie Dearest and make them carry that plate of meat around until they ate it. In all seriousness I'd rather my child be gay than vegetarian or vegan.

my grandparents did this to my dad, it's the reason why still doesn't eat certain things.
even something as delicious as spaghetti, he can't eat it. He hated his parents and was very relieved when they died, not even joking.

don't be a fool user

I'd take my kid to the doctor and get them tested for gayness.

do you also argue for the dismantling of agriculture and a return to a nomadic lifestyle? The complete removal of modern medicine and enriched foods?

We're also where we are through rampant incest, genocide, causing mass extinctions and braining people with heavy rocks instead of talking.

But meat is still working, why stop what is working? The other things faded away with reason and technology.

Hey now, I'm a gay meat eater. I'm never giving up sausage in either form, stick em both in my mouth, just not at the same time.

Spaghetti is a non meat item...

not even veg, but depending where you stand on environmental issues, it's causing fuck huge issues. Just saying your argument for "it made are brains big" is less an argument and more regurgitating meat industry propaganda verbatim.

youtube.com/watch?v=GYcTrMiWGYM

Different user

also
>"it made are brains big"
Apparently it didn't work for you since you can't seem to get "our" and "are" straight.

but it's also food.
forcing your kid this way is bad parenting

don't you have some chickens to go strangle, tyson shill?

congratulations, you win.

How many PETA PERMA virgins do we have here?

If you don't eat meat you don't belong on Veeky Forums because you simply have no taste.

>anyone who isn't a mass murderer is automatically in peta, and also a virgin!
LOL, try some real arguments kid

>tfw stalking a deer
>tfw putting a .54 caliber ball into it
>tfw quick kill rather than a slow death over hours as it's ripped part from the ass by wolves
>tfw using ~80% of the animal

Fuck off, veganfags. It's fine if you want to be a vegan but stop trying to tell people that they should do it. I live in America where I have the freedom to grow a shit ton of veg in my backyard, raise chickens and goats for eggs and milk and shoot deer and turkey for meat.

I understand killing pigs is fratricide for you but you need to relax m8

Why does no one ever speak of the overuse of antibiotics in factory farming leading to the rise of highly resistant bacteria?

Fuck your burgers, fuck your planet, fuck your ethics, everyone seems to gloss over this rather important thing.

>and yep, breast milk is vegan.

I would let them make their own decisions, like a decent fucking parent. They might have to learn to cook for themself from time to time, but it wouldn't be too hard to accomodate them most days. I tend to go heavy on vegetables anyway

> raise chickens and goats for eggs

How's that going for you?

Did you not notice "and milk?" Also, breddy gud. Fresh eggs every morning and I've started making goat cheese.

Skinny girls are hot, I'd let my daughter be vegetarian/vegan.

i would kill to have a chicken coupe. that shit is amazing. i fuckin love eggies.

>>mass murder
>>only meat eaters
you reatards have no idea how farming works do you?

>murder
>animals
Go back to the vegan containment board

Low test faggot

>chicken coupe

Your dad sounds like a total pussy.
I fucking hate people that wont eat shit because ''waaaaaa my parents scarred me for life over spinach waaaaaa"
Seriously there is a type and your dad is most like it.
Would fire him if he worked for me.

Congratulate them on their life choice and make them pick out some vegan/vegetarian recipes we can cook together. Make them discover cooking on their own. Ideally, raise them to cook for the whole family every few days and to eat side dishes whenever everyone else wants meat.

Are you saying skinny girls AREN'T hot?

are you planning to bone your daughter

If she's 5/10 or higher, yes

You dad is just a brain damaged retard.

God I hope this is bait. If this is true your dad is one of the biggest faggots I've ever heard of.

id point out that we have neither the teeth for carnivory nor to be herbivores. we are made to eat cooked food.

the obvious reason is that we are incredibly intelligent, with a brain thats 2% of our mass & 25% of our energy consumption.

this could not have evolved if all we ate were plants. we would spend even MORE time than gorillas eating, who spend 5/6 of their time doing so- AND they can digest cellulose. we cant. all that locked up sugar is waste for us.

& dont get me STARTED on the complete lack of B12 in herbivorous dietary plans & our COMPLETE INABILITY TO SYNTHESIZE IT

tl;dr, id say shut up, kid, because there were no vegetarians before modern society became as indulgent & prosperous as it is today.

There were plenty of vegetarians in times where meat was a luxury, which is many places was often. It was rare for many people in the lower classes to eat meat.

yeah, but they had modern agriculture to mass produce & genetically select hardier, more nutritious plants.

most vegetarians/vegans say 'we didnt evolve to eat meat'. we COULDNT have maintained pur calorie needs without claws, canines, or night vision until such point as we invented agriculture unless we had a healthy portion of meat in our diet.

there were no early human vegetarians. by earlier, i mean prehistory, before language.

its a moot point for me, im a christian & god said i could eat animals.

humans are animals
you going to eat humans?

>they had modern agriculture
No they didn't, or do you think peasants were having BBQ on a daily basis back in medieval times?

just you, if youre tender

by 'modern agriculture' i dont mean buying feed & fertilizer at wilco. i mean farming, at all. the concept of organizing & planting a given crop in a monoculture is almost as old as written language. we couldnt have taken care of our big, heavy brains without at least some animal products.

plus its a well known fact that english peasantry invented texas style barbeque and the concept of a dry rub. the earliest barbeque sauces were, however, invented by the aztecs, who are largely accepted as having popularized brown sugar/tomato base sauces, along with their invention of the traeger brand pellet smoker/grill

I don't find it surprising that modern man's up-rise in vegetarianism and veganism is mostly due to religious influence. Only the incompetent, nescient, and weak fall privy to veganism.

We aren't built for it and we never were. Stop placing your own childish guilt over actual convenience and health ffs.

Only good answer here

I would tell them to stop having so much sympathy for food-animals.

We raise them for it, if it weren't for us, those animals wouldn't have been born. It's nature's way.

kill em, killed plenty of kids in other country's so why not my own. because fuck my life , my country, and the whore I used to fuck.

God a hate vegans.
Just so you know, I go out of my way to treat you guys poorly irl because these threads make me so mad

Why does vegetarianism/veganism make meat eaters so insecure?

My brother went vegan.
He was 6'0 and stocky, now he looks like a pale anorexic skeleton.

I once tried going veggie for 2 months. I followed all the guidelines and made sure I got enough protein, fat, etc, and lost 14 lbs in that time period, not good cause I'm underweight anyway, I calculated my BMI and it was like 14.something which scared me so I started eating meat again and gained the weight right back.

Thats literally not true though

Being able to cook foods which makes it easier to eat, allows more food to be eaten, and releases some nutrients is a FAR more likely explanation

Meaning that being able to cook veggies en masse

Neurons dont run on protein and fats, they run on glucose, something eating meat in any capacity will not efficiently help fuel

Our bodies today do not efficiently use animal products

Even simply learning to how to use tools and walk upright are very viable theories as well

Sounds like you have more issues with yourself than anything

No I have issues with asshole vegans.
You people are horrible

So your logical action to this is to go out of your way to treat people horribly

You are a horrible person

You'd be surprised how many people say yes to this, I can respect that people thinking everything is fair game, they're consistent

>But people are unique and special!

Fucking cop out excuse, we just another mammal

Treat horrible people horribly , yes.

That's not what you said.

yes it is , i believe vegans are horrible people,
These threads make me extra angry , so I take it out on the ones I come into contacnt with

Where have I been inconsistent?

I'd eat human over starving to death.

After living vegan for a couple weeks I'd probably crack and go cannibal if no other meat sources existed.

>i believe vegans are horrible people

Now you're changing what you mean again

First you said horrible vegans made you treat all vegans horribly, then you said it was just horrible vegans, now you're saying all vegans are horrible, you've been very inconsistent

Regardless, there's something clearly wrong with you and it seems like you have issues with yourself more than anything and I recommend you seek treatment/counsel for it

This kind of nitpicky bullshit is part of what I hate about you people

Simply tell them how stunted their growth will be compared to their meat eating peers, and get them to wait until after they are fully grown before they even start entertaining the idea of being a vegan moron.

It's not nitpicky to point out blatant continuity errors especially when it's pertinent to what you're discussing

There's clearly something wrong with you if Veeky Forums is actively making you combative towards certain people because of your experiences with those people on this website

You need help

just puree bacon and add to mashed potatoes, or grind up meats and add to soups

you get the idea anyway, the way kids who hate veg are made to eat veg without realizing

brain damaged by his parents, yes
do you not understand how impressionable kids are, and how those impressions carry into later life?

well if they're in America they have the freedom to tell you what you should do