Does anyone know anything about kilju?

Does anyone know anything about kilju?

Apparently it's a "traditional" Finnish wine but I find that claim dubious.

It's pretty much just sugar, water, and yeast fermented until it's anywhere between strong beer and strong wine. I am not adding any nutrients or additional ingredients, BTW. I hope the yeast will adapt and hopefully be happy.

I'm about to make some in an hour. I figure that if I carbonate it, it'll be a great base to add powdered drink mixes to. I think it'll taste like shit without additives.

Does anyone know about this? It seems like "prison wine" or poverty booze, and I'm suspicious about Wikipedia saying it's "traditional" because I don't think refined sugar is old enough to be considered a traditional food.... is it? Granted "traditional" is a very vague and broad word.

The picture reminds me of those old pics from /b/ of the guy who would keep his cum in 2L soda bottles.

Kilju on kotitekoisesti pääosin vedestä, sokerista ja hiivasta valmistettu alkoholijuoma.

vitsi ehkä?

I wish I could see pics of that

It's called "mäsk" in Sweden.

I think it's supposed to be distilled into moonshine but "some people" (swedish hillbillies) just drink it as it is.

yeah i remember that
you could clearly see the colour gradients due to his diet

an interesting scientific study

>I wish I could see pics of that
are you new?

I stopped going on /b/ like 7yrs ago bruh

How can yeast survive and multiply with just water and sugar? You can't make a new yeast cell with just sugar. Like, where do they get the lipids for their cell membranes or the proteins for their internal structures?

pretty sure he posted since like 2007 or something.

I think he didnt post last year. Not even a person to go on /b/ ever but even i know that. Also you can just google b cum 2litre and there's heaps of stuff.

Honestly its probs fake but w/e

inb4 some dumbasses think this post is clever instead of forced and awkward

isn't that toy holding the time stamp same as the guy who posted his meals beside a toy on Veeky Forums?

No, the toy here is from mlp, that toy in photo is anime

They don't look that similar, your psyche is just scarred from /b/

I don't speak that language or have access to that keyset. This is an English website, I clearly speak English, and if this thread happens to turn into a Finnish circlejerk please post translations of what you say in the same post because clearly you speak English or have a browser add-on that makes it more convenient for you to translate your posts than it would be for us.

It doesn't look like you think it would. Cum turns clear very shortly after ejaculation, and his bottles looked like an off color vanilla pudding to lemon pudding. I'm not sure what happened, rotting, molecular breakdown... someone should make a Veeky Forums thread about it.

I thought kilju was pretty much exclusive to Finland. The wiki article did say it's traditional. I'm so very sorry that Finland has Alko :( fucking tyranny for no good reason. Thanks for the knowledge, I'll look into mäsk. It does seem like it would be identical to the recipe used for making mass produced distilled ethanol for industrial use, it's literally the bare minimum ingredients.

Eat lots of fruit and less heavy meat... There are ways to get your cum to taste better. You'd think by now natural selection would make sexual excretions taste like candy to encourage reproduction, but oddly that hasn't happened :/

Wise choice lol

I thought the same thing :/ I guess they have enough to survive a few generations, and when you make kilju you use a lot more yeast than when you make wine so nutrition isn't an issue. You know how you can't kill all the microorganisms with chemicals, you can only kill 99.999% at best? I'm hoping my yeast will simply adapt for the batch I'm using a small amount of wine yeast with. I've got a liter bottle with two table spoons of bakers yeast, and a 2 liter bottle with like a tenth of a teaspoon in it because the whole packet is enough for 5 gallons so I used less.

Holy shit if your op your a faggot

I hit the character limit.

Pretty much everything on /b/ is fake... but the harsh reality is odds are practically 100% that somebody has done it or it'll happen one day... and that is kinda harrowing that you can think of the worst thing imaginable and realize it has, does, or will exist.

Wrong thread m8. Pickle brine popsicles? Kek.
Thanks for the contribution, all. Please try not to be too distracted by the minor cum bottle derailment. It's very old news.

Kilju, more like Kill You, haha, nice one OP

If you're on Veeky Forums, you're a faggot yourself. OP is always a faggot regardless of what he posts.

If I said something you didn't like, let me know what. If you just wanna shitpost, I've shitposted in others threads so it's only fair I get haters in mine :)

I haven't been asleep yet, I've drank two pots of coffee, and I'm heavily mediated so please pardon me if I get incoherent.

I thought it sounded like that, too.

There was a brewing thread in /diy/ and a guy tried making kilju but he only fermented it 4 days and he didn't use enough yeast for it to even have half the alcohol content of a light beer :/

You are some reddit tier poster. Down voted

I made kilju for quite a while when I was a broke kid out of high school and not old enough to drink.
It's not "traditional".
It's a cultural aspect, which is why it's presumably more common there than elsewhere, but the whole purpose is a quick cheap drunk that the government can't tax.

It's really hard to screw up, don't worry about that, but it's hard to screw up because it's almost never good. That said, once you get used to the heavy yeasty taste, it can be kinda enjoyable. Invest in cheap lemon juice, a little goes a long way in covering the taste.
For a harder drink, freeze the kilju for an hour and a half or so, and strain the frozen clumps out of the rest of the liquid. Repeat 2-4 times, and the alcohol content can rise as high as 30%abv.

Also never do additives. Someone told me raisins would make it ferment better and not change the taste. LIARS. They changed the taste, made it disgusting, I think they might even have been rotting, and all they did was give me a ton of nasty shit to strain out. YEAST, SUGAR, WATER. DON'T OVERTHINK IT.

>I don't speak that language
Nigga you ignorant and could have just put that into google translate. user quoted your line about
>It's pretty much just sugar, water, and yeast fermented"
And asked if this is a joke.

They say turbo yeast is done magical shit that gets it to 14 percent in 24 hours and some even claim to get higher in several days but I never bought into that shit.

Red Star champagne yeast is what I used. Premier Cuvee, if I remember correctly. Different yeasts have different fermentation times and top alcohol thresholds, I think champagne yeasts had higher abvs, like 17 percent, but even then that's under perfect conditions, which I certainly never had.

Packets of actual champagne yeast online are like 50 cents apiece, and one packet can make like gallons of stuff.
Baking yeast dies at a low abv, it tastes worse (when the only flavors are sugar, alcohol, and yeast, the yeast flavor matters) and it's probably not even cheaper.
I don't know what your motivations in making kilju are, as a hobby, or to drink young, or to drink cheap, I don't know.

>I hope the yeast will adapt and hopefully be happy.
:D

>I'm so very sorry that Finland has Alko

Sweden has a similar system of alcohol monopoly called Systembolaget which is probably why we share the tradition of drinking sugar wine that taste of demon piss.

I have been on Veeky Forums for the better part of a decade, dude.

Dude I'm not using a desktop or laptop. I'm on a kindle. This reminds me of people thinking I'm dumb because I can't get past the sad panda on hentai links... They are just ignorant, assuming everyone here is using a legit PC. It's actually quite a pain in the ass for me to use Google translate, it's got a fucked up load of cookies on previous translations and doesn't function anymore and I can't be arsed to bother with it.

I meant the guy no disrespect... he obviously knows this is an English site though.

Thanks for the translation, man. I know I'm being an asshole, I'm just on the verge of delirium from sleep deprivation.

Doesn't mean you're not reddit tier

go kill ur self

I think the strength of turbo yeasts is the quantity of yeast. If you use wine packets, you're dumping 1/5th of an ounce of yeast in the must. If you're using turbo yeasts, you're dumping a HALF POUND in the must.

That's what accelerates the fermentation. Quantity.

I'm hoping that because I used like a quarter gram of Cotes des Blanc yeast in the two liter kilju, it'll go slow and adapt over time.

Fuck I'm getting delirious, It's taking me minutes to make these replies.
Again I'm sorry if I'm causing others to take offense.

This is why I'm planning to mix in a tasty drink powder like cool aid. I'll clear it with bentonite when fermentation is done, so hopefully it'll end up tasting like alcoholic water.

And I'm so sorry monopolies are doing this to you :(

I've had to resort to drinking Listerine at times because the taxes on alcoholic beverages are so obscene and I'm dirt poor.

Never been on le reddit.

But you're right my post quality is shit

Now go find something else to whine about

Wonderful now I'm hearing voices and seeing things.

I'm gonna pass out soon...

Mm.... anyways

HER ALL YOU GUYS

Adding a can of 100% juice concentrate to your kilju will give nutrients to you and your yeast... And it'll taste great.

Just don't use orange juice

>It seems like "prison wine" or poverty booze
That's exactly what it is. A DYI poverty booze that unemployed alcoholics drink.
You got memed on hard if you think that it's a traditional wine.

OP here. I went ahead and deciphered your secret code.

>Scream is mainly home made of water, sugar and yeast-produced alcoholic beverage.

>joke perhaps?

What do you mean?!

Is kilju like jenkem, it's just a damn joke for foreigners?! It's like the Australian Drop-Bear?

What the hell? And why does "kilju" translate to "scream" ???

I'm very concerned.

kilju is both the noun for the drink and the imperative form of the verb 'kiljua' (to scream). No connection.

Kilju is an umbrella term for pretty much anything you brew at home that doesn't count as beer, cider or wine. Basically you can mix orange juice, water, sugar and yeast and it's orange kilju. You can mix juice concentrate, water, sugar and yeast and it's kilju. You can just do it with sugar, yeast and water as well but apparently that's illegal or something.

It's basically for inbreds and people who are underaged and thus can't get their hands on legal alcohol

The Wikipedia says it's a traditional wine... maybe it is now? No clue.

Many traditions do seem poverty oriented.

I'm planning to clarify it with bentonite after its fermented and the yeast drops out.

That should make it taste much less yeasty.

The reason it's made is that in Finland under a certain age you can only buy up to 5 or 10%abv?

So, the kids run to the next country over and buy what is essentially moonshine 'Turbo' yeast. Then brew it and drink it without any distillation.

This question came up often back in the Tepache brewthreads.

Would rather recommend you making decent mead instead of kilju.. but like they do here, if you cant take the taste, dillude it with soda and down it all in one go