Mc phobia

Question: If I've never been to a Mc donalds becuase when I was a teenager the documentary of "super size me" traumatized me, what's should it be the first item menu I should order?.

Somehow I think that their burgers will make me puke within the next minutes after I eat them, just like it happened to morgan spurlock.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/127401963
money.cnn.com/2016/05/09/investing/mcdonalds-stock-all-time-high/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This board fucking blows

I'm gonna go ahead and take the bait.

If you're used to eating meat you shouldn't have any problems, I'm convinced the reason he threw up was because he had a vegan diet immediately prior to filming, and it adds a bit of drama to an otherwise boring movie.

Also don't expect it to be great, the whole appeal of McDonalds is that you can get a hot, filling, okay-tasting meal for not that much money at like 3AM pretty much anywhere in the US. Basically the PBR of food.

Just get a McDouble and fries, everything else is just a slightly better but more expensive version of that.

Just watch this documentary, it debunks Super Size Me for the bullshit it is

vimeo.com/127401963

If you are Captain Vegan, you might vomit because the very idea of food hitting pleasure centers in your brain repulses you.

Sure, it's not great, and eating it 3 times a day every day will make you put on weight (probably, you might be an olympic athlete), but it's been created in a lab to hit the parts of your brain that say "damn son, gimmie some more of that cause it's GOOD". Not 100% accurately, but cost effectively. You will feel kind of empty after. Thats the idea.

Go get a fucking double mcchicken with a large thickshake and pig out.

>filling
where do you live?

a big mac meal in aus is nowhere near filling.

that's becuase you are a gigantic fatty fat who gorges, which expands your stomach, so you don't feel full after a healthy amount of food

>he actually buys big macs
>he ACTUALLY buys the """"value"""" meals

the trick is to buy like 2-3 of the cheaper sandwiches. it works out to ~$3 USD, which is relatively cheap for a (prepared) meal.

a u s
u
s

not austin, texas but austria

same idea should apply though, just avoid combo meals and it should be cheap.

3 big macs.

every day.

>mcdouble or double cheeseburger
>mcchicken
>throw away the bottom buns
>put the remains together
wa la

Yeah, you probably won't puke, but you'll feel pretty lethargic after you eat it. Last time I ate there (around a 1200 calorie meal), I felt like I was having heart palpitations and was constipated for a day. I think it was just the effects of all the refined carbs + fats in such a dense package. It's not like poison, but it's not great either. Just get whatever. Enjoy your mediocre, underwhelming experience and move on with your life.

Don't know if bait or not but still.

Supersize Me is bullshit. It's "experiment" has been repeated by other people and they couldn't get the same results.

McDonalds has been demonized by everyone and their mother for decades now. It has been lampooned as the epitome of junk food, consumerism and globalism. You shouldn't believe everything you read about it.

Now to the actual point: most chain fast food is simply shit, but McD is one of the worst. First of all, a hefty chunk of calories in their burgers come from mayonnaise. Second, everything they have is not fresh, especially the buns—they have flavorings to make them taste fresh but they're actually stale. Third, the quality of the patties is actually crappy.

What you should definitely try though is their fries. Cheap drinks can be a bargain too. But I asked many people, and all of them though McD burgers sucked. Well, they're cheap, so you get what you pay for.

I know it's bait, but I'll take it:

People like you are the demographic McDonald's would love to get back - those (mostly middle class people) who straight up dismissed it as practically poison a while ago and haven't been back since (or never went in the first place).

Their burgers will not make you puke. The most likely scenario is this: The first bite will actually be kind of delicious. Each subsequent bite will be less so. After eating it you will feel very thirsty. Strangely this effect will be intensified if you had a shake or a soda with the meal. You may also feel sluggish in a "food coma" kind of way even though you may not feel particularly full after eating it. This feeling will linger for an hour or two, as will the taste of grease in your mouth. If you're not eating greasy food on a regular basis this may be accompanied by heartburn as well.

It's basically a blast of fat, salt, protein and simple carbs nearly devoid of fiber. Plenty of Americans eat stuff like that every day. If you're not one of them it won't sit well, but it won't make you puke. You may not find it particularly pleasant beyond the first bite or two, though.

Have you had your Big Mac today?

ignore everyone being a shit

it's the same as any other fast food place, assuming you've eaten at one, or even a fuckin diner. if someone served you a big mac at any other restaurant you would never know the difference

just enjoy it like anybody else, they've cleaned up their act a lot anyways due to stigma. anybody giving you bs about feeling lethargic or sick is getting nocebo effects from being a twat, or genuinely never eats fast food

If they served a big mac at any other restaurant I'd be fucking surprised that they haven't been sued already.

Local 4 lyf

>cleaned up their act

it hurts me that there are people ACTUALLY THIS FUCKING STUPID

Is McDonald's better in Canada? I don't mind McDonald's at all here in Ontario, it's totally decent. I mean we use 100% Canadian beef (it's on billboards everywhere) but I doubt that makes much of a difference.

>they've cleaned up their act
>nocebo

how much are they paying you, neckbeard?

Chicken Legend with Salsa has never lead me wrong.

the only reason super size me put on so much weight is because he was getting the big meals with big fries and soda and a chocolate sundae after.
This is the reason he refuses to disclaim what he actually ate.
Stick to medium size meals with no ice cream and mcdonalds is the healtiest thing around

Canadian McDonald's is inferior to Wendy's, but cheap enough to make up for that

t. Halifax

Congratulations OP, you're the victim of Liberal scare tactics.
Take one Red Pill in the morning everyday until the veil of idiocy lifts.
Side effects may include a rapid decent into depression, and a deeper understanding of how things really work.

it's just 3 buns and 2 tiny patties with some vegetables and a secret sauce that consists of sugar and thousand island dressing. there's nothing especially horrible for you about it and I've seen retarded hipster restauraunts with "home made" shit that is 100x worse for you.

>Shown Supersize me Every year in Health from 6th-9th grade
>After the day was done I went to get A Big MAc and Nuggies and largest size cause I was so hungry for McDonalds

McD's employee here. Fyi, the only things you should buy there, apart from like drinks and pies and muffins, are regular cheese burgers, nuggets and fries. Since they're so popular they are made much more fresh then most things. Some quarter pounder pattys will be in the tray for 4 hours, when they're supposed to be fresh every 15 min.

There are better fast food joints. Trust me on this.
See if you can't find a Jack In The Box

all mac and no jack

jack in the box is way cheaper and worse and more disgusting looking than mcdonalds dude. loaded with grease.

how anyone can call it one of the "Better" places is beyond me. it is not by ANY metric WHATSOEVER.

only 4 hours?

I'll eat dinner and go to sleep while leaving it on the plate uncovered by my bedside, wake up and go do a 12 hour shift and get back home and heat it up for 30 seconds when I get home and eat the rest.

Least it has more flavor than a McD, the fries are better too. And it's hella fresher than McDonald's.

I'm only talking about the stuff at work. If you bring it home it's your show.

>throwing away the best thing mcdonald's has to offer

Wy?

>And it's hella fresher than McDonald's.

LOL

yeah i bet the jack n the box food from the restaurant directly next door to mcdonalds that never has more than 1 car in the drive through is a lot fresher than the mcdonalds which has 6-7 cars in the drive thru at all times

it's trash and america has never forgotten that it killed people with food poisoning. i sure never have.

>""I came here from Veeky Forums""

Well I mean whats the problem? The example i gave is leaving it out for a good ~20 hours and i've never been sick. Are you scared of bacteria? Because wouldn't it take much longer for it to grow to the amount needed to make you sick than 4 hours? Or are there a bunch of flies and bugs running around in the McDonald's that gets all over it? I still don't see a big deal with that. Our ancestors ate much worse.

Ever heard of 'We don't make it until you order it'?

To each their own man. I'm not a fan of meat thats been left out for a while, but that's just me. You do you.

The first menu item you order should be a coffee. It's relatively "safe" compared to most of the McFood they serve. If you do want to delve into fast food order small fries. Salt content is a little high and you'll have to exercise them off but those are the only actual good menu item.

Coffee is generally pretty fine. It's easy to make and super hard to mess up. It's the easiest part of my job.

I just got done working two weeks on a floor at a retirement home for old people waiting to die. No lie, they walk in with fast food, order pizzas at 2200 every night, their menus for the cafeteria there are amazing, they drink coffee and caffeine, every friday/saturday night that have lives bands outside in good weather and get trashed on mixed drinks and dance with each other and live up life to 110%. It was truly shocking to me. Old people have been keeping this from us for a long time.

aawww poor babby is afraid he won't live 10 years longer, just enough in time to be a sad sack of diaper shitting vegetable glued to an elderly home bed ;D

>coffee
>safe
Have fun with your seventh-degree burns.

Watch the documentary "Portion size me"

tl;dw, same experiment, some folks eat nothing but fast food for a month, trick is that they only eat their recommended portion size for how much exercise they get.

Spoiler alert - they dont get fat, they actually lose weight and their cholesterol levels go down. McDonald's is by no means healthy, but only fat cunt "muh genes" losers with no self control get fat eating it.

I can vouch for it too. I started a new job a few months ago that has me insanely active, on my feet all day running around carrying things. I eat fast food almost every day and I've lost 15lbs so far regardless, gaining a bit of muscle too, would probably get more out of the exercise if my diet wasn't shit though.

tl;dr don't be a homo OP. Only reason that guy puked on camera is because he's a fucking communist.

This was posted in an Arby's thread but McDonald's seems to be doing well again even if you're afraid of forcing yourself to eat McDonald's for breakfast, lunch and dinner over a month.
>money.cnn.com/2016/05/09/investing/mcdonalds-stock-all-time-high/
Too bad their going to shit themselves again by making K A L E M E M E B O W L S

American burgers are way bigger than everywhere else.

nigga burger king and hardee's/carl's have their own big mac ripoffs, literally named the Big King and Big Carl