Arby's

I was just over in /co/ discussing a Family Guy joke about Arby's being terrible,and I have to say I disagree. It's not like a super great restaurant or anything, but as far as fast food goes it's pretty good imo, especially those jamocha shakes and curly fries. The sandwiches are bretty gud too. However, a slight majority of the anons in that thread think Arby's is pretty much literal shit on a bun.

What does Veeky Forums think about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=otDoG1OjBZA
money.cnn.com/2016/05/09/investing/mcdonalds-stock-all-time-high/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Horsey
Sauce

It's great. Overpriced as fuck though. They used to have a 5 for $5 deal. Now it's a 5 for $10 deal. And getting just a roast beef mid is like 5 bucks. Makes me sad.

Arby's is great. Had it for the first time recently and it is my new favorite fast food place

I hear that. Used to be my dad would just pick up a bag with like 5 roast beefs and a bunch of sauces, then we'd go to town on them with my brothers.

Protip, put the curly fries on top of the beef under the bun. Makes the sandwich 20% cooler

Waaaaaaaay overpriced but delicious and worth it with coupons
Also I eat Italian cold cut sandwiches everywhere and ironically the Italian at Arby's has to be in my top 5. Really really good

I like arby's

>muh roast beef n cheddar
>muh curly fries
>muh mozzerrella sticks
>muh criss cuts

what's not to like?

sounds comfy af

Arby's "roast beef" comes in a gelatinous form in bags that they heat to turn solid. Shits disgusting but delicious.

Its ok, about once every two weeks I go in and get the usual
>Roast Beef Mid
>Large Curly Fry
>As much Arby's sauce as they can fit into the bag

Put fries on the sandwich, drench it in Arby's and enjoy

I call bs. You won't ruin Arby's for me.

No, it doesn't

m.youtube.com/watch?v=otDoG1OjBZA

Btw, McDonalds eggs and chicken aren't "artificial" either, the fact that adults still believe these urban legends is retarded

i like arby's a lot and i'm not sure if it's just because there are none close to me so they're more rare or what but when i come across one i almost always go and get 2 jr roast beefs.. and a curly fry if i'm extra hungee

>gelatinous
> heat to turn solid.

hahaha

i love playground rumours

My all time GOAT is that McDonald's milkshakes are made from Potato Flakes

I like the one about Tropical Fantasy

I've only gone once. The meat tasted really gross on the thing I ordered. I never intend to go back. It kind of made me understand how health food nuts perceive junk food in general. It was just kind of a nauseating yet flavorless lump of food-matter. It's my least favorite fast food place I've tried, and I'm a gutter-tier pleb who adores taco bell.

On one hand, maybe I went to a shitty location, was served by a single terrible employee, or got a fluke bad sandwich. On the other hand, I don't really feel like going back to try it again when this opinion appears to be so common.

What did you order? Quality at Arvys kinda varries from item to item

I think they have really good chicken sandwiches/tendies, and I love the fries. I like the roast beef too it just that weird effect...kinda like McDonalds burgers, it tastes like no other roast beef but is tasty in its own drugging way

These are reddit tier unfunny

Arby's being terrible is a Veeky Forums meme. They're top-tier fast food. Cheap, relatively healthy, simple, fast, delicious. Great sauces. Amazing fries.

Only faggots hate Arby's. I wish Arby's was even bigger. They need to step up their marketing.

t. shill

Wasn't this place fucking finished only 6 months ago? Weren't they about to go out of business?
Now they back suddenly. Good for them. The free market at work.
>money.cnn.com/2016/05/09/investing/mcdonalds-stock-all-time-high/

Arby's has a lot of good stuff and I enjoy it a lot, but their corned beef is not good at all. They could also stand to invest in some better cheese.

Arby's or McDonald's?

I just stick with the basics. Roast beef sandwiches with fries, and their delicious sauce. Oh, and I do like the Market Fresh sandwiches.

precooked eggs are a fucking abomination unto god.

It's alright. Overpriced AF though, the cheapest sandwich worth getting is like $4.

why do you think i care if it starts looking like that if it finishes tasting like an egg mcmuffin

Only those are pre cooked because McDonalds is FAST FOOD and they can't possibly scramble twenty orders of eggs in a matter of minutes, that is not fast

The regular "fried egg" eggs are cracked in the store, because thats easy

Also , there is literally nothing wrong with frozen egg. I make my own breakfast sandwiches all the time and keep them in the freezer to be reheated at work

from mcdonalds.com

Maximum comf was achieved one backpacking trip with the Boy Scouts. We were going to hike to our campsite about 2 miles through the night upon arriving, so my dad and I got some Arby's before the drive up to eat later as our last "civilized" dinner before the 4-5 days in the wilderness. However, when we got to the parking lot outside the forest it was raining super hard and showed no sign of stopping. The troop unanimously agreed to spend the night in the cars and hike in the next morning.

So that's how I came to be lying back in a car, seat reclined as far as possible, munching a cold roast beef with horsey sauce while listening to the rain patter on the car roof.

Some user said in a thread like this that the farther you get away from Arby's HQ in Atlanta, the worse the quality is.

Grew up on Arbys in Brockport, NY and the shit was always amazing for at least 14 years straight. Every single time. Every order. Like 6-8 times a year or so. Not once did they mess up or taste bad. Went to one in South Carolina and the meat looked green and reflective and I threw it away.

It does come in a bag but it's just a solid chunk of meat, that's cooked in a giant oven for like 3 hours. Once it's done they take it out the bag and throw it on the slicer. Source me. I worked there when I was 18.

I like Arby's. It reminds me of going down on my girlfriend

It's fucking tasty and cheap (comparatively, nowadays) fast food. That's all.

It's not significantly healthier, but cured lunch meats are probably a little better for you than fried mostly-beef patties.

I think the reason most people "hate" Arby's is because they haven't tried the simple pleasure of a basic beef+cheddar with horsey+Arby's sauce, and a side of curly fries (Even better with the bacon+cheddar deluxe, which is literally just the beef+cheddar with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, and peppered bacon).

They probably just ate a dry roast beef sandwich and said "Fuck it, this is just a shitty sandwich I could make at home, and it sure as fuck isn't McDonalds or Burger King!".

The value menu is based as fuck, and their sides are pretty great too. It's just a shame there aren't more where I live (Major Canadian City), there's only one or two that I know of, in mall food courts.

I dont like their onion buns because the onion is so slimy.

The GOAT order is
>Beef & Cheddar Mid on Sesame Bun with Brown Sugar bacon if they have it
>Potato Cakes
>Peach Tea
>Chocolate Turnover (Now my Arby's serves Ghirardelli chocolate cookies which are great too)

The one before this and after this sucked shit, But this one made me legit go into a laughing/coughing fit.

It says it in the title you dumb mong

Calling things you don't like "reddit" doesn't make you fit in, user. Grow a sense of humor that doesn't require you to look down on others.

They're pretty okay here in Binghamton, NY as well.

Not him, but those "jokes" were not funny at all and absolute reddit-tier. If you don't know what reddit means then you need to leave.

Beef and cheddar with curly fries is great.

Downside is pretty much every sandwich aside from the beef and cheddar has been pretty mediocre.

Pretty expensive for fast food though.

>Pretty expensive for fast food though.

I don't get this. What is cheaper? Every meal at every fast food place is now $6+ dollars. Value menus are overall the same.

>What is cheaper?

arby's used to be cheap and is now an awful value proposition. I guess beef prices did them in.

you can go to chick fila and spend the same amount as arbys and get food twice the quality. you can go to wendys and get better food same price. you can go to mcdonalds and get arguably same or better food for less.

why is McDonalds relevant in an arbies thread """you mong""" ?

They make a pretty good Reuben and fish sandwich, I tell you what. Arby's kind of has a reputation of being the blue-collar fast food place and I think that's where a lot of the disdain stemmed from.

Not the OP but it's fastfood, so its not hard to understand why it's relevant.

Also, looking at the video in that article made me cringe.
>New McDonalds Breakfast Bowls with Kale
>Let's get into the oldest dying meme of a plant and forget that our major market is poor families and college kids!
I swear, foodies are ruining fast food. If I want something like a breakfast bowl with kale I'd go to some yuppie fast casual place in the city.

Chick fila or Wendy's would probably be the best quality for the price.

they're not 'forgetting' their major market user, they're trying a new business strategy as the previous one is starting to flag.

>yuppie fast casual

Kill me now. Living in Seattle this is very true. Every fast food place is gross unless it's $6+ an item with meaningless company promises (think chipotle)

They tried this before in the mid 2000s after Super-Size Me, getting rid of their Super-Size option and introducing more salads. They have been trying to introduce this for years. What suburban yuppie mom brainwashed by health food nuts and her gaggle of dried out coochie friends to get kale bowls at McDonalds?

I think that the only places to get okay food in the city now is small hole in the wall places or traditional pubs. Even traditional pubs are going into the gastropub fad, which gives them an excuse to lower the quality of the food and jack up the price.

The same lady I work with who thinks Taco Salads from Taco Bell are "very healthy" and claims to do Crossfit but is still 300lbs

i don't think it's so much about health as just going upmarket.

A lady like that is gonna hate kale.

I've been here near-on a decade, user, and when I see newflaps barging in and yelling "REDDIT, REDDIT" at things they don't like, it wambles my jambles a little. I thought they were funny, the guy who posted them thought they were funny, and the guy who wrote them thought they were funny.

Pull the stick out of your ass and shape up, whippersnapper.

>I thought they were funny

Time has passed you by old man.

>wambles my jambles

gave me a laugh

confirmed for getting cooked

Au jus is a good sandwich but I don't like Arby's

One of my recent favorites

Anyone know why he has a fascination with gin?

Yeah but I think the point tis user is trying to make is that's not a market that really can break into at this point. McDonald's has a niche market, and they're abandoning that group to compete with fast casual places, but the types of people that go to chipotle or panera aren't the same people that would really consider McDonald's as an option

gin is the arby's of liquor

That sandwich looks like absolute shit. What the fuck is that grey gelatinous meat?

Sub the peach tea for a shake or a root beer and you and I are soul mates

Never get the roast beef at Arby's. It's dog shit. Their fish sandwich is where it's at.

For what it is, I think Arby's is pretty decent, flavour-wise, if a little overpriced...

My issue is every time I eat there, I get very, very sick from the sheer amount of grease in their food. I vomit globs of oil. It's almost as bad as some other offenders (Long John Silver's, McDonalds, KFC).

No that'd be tequila

>eating fish at a restaurant where the meat is bad

Arby's is shit and I actively avoid it when I go out to get fast food.

Have a chicken salad sandwich.

problem solved

>vomiting globs of oil
>''meh, it's pretty decent''

Why do Americans have such low standards?

I said it tastes decent, not that it is decent.

And I'm not American.

Your average doner kebab is of similar quality on top of containing horsemeat.

If I ever ate anything that made me vomit, I certainly wouldn't eat it again

What is wrong with you?

Let me reiterate, they're so unfunny, that only people in a hugbox where nobody has to compete for a sense of humor, would find this amusing. If someone posted this as OC on Veeky Forums, they would be confused by the lack of attempted humor and tell him to fuck off.

Or, to forego that long explanation, reddit-tier "humor".

The last time I ate Arby's was ~5 years ago. When did I say I kept eating Arby's, or any of the restaurants I mentioned? I've eaten there a few times -in my life-, but I've stopped eating there because it consistently made me sick.

You obviously know how to read, but you should probably work on your comprehension a bit. Pic related might help.

Well I wouldn't order the fucking meat from a restaurant where the meat is bad.

The fish is good.