What are you guys having for dinner?

What are you guys having for dinner?

Chicken and Rice here.

Come on, at least niggers add peas

recipe

I took some frozen chicken breasts, seasoned them, put them in a roasting pan and baked them at 375 for like 1 hour and 30 min. Cooked some rice in the oddest way I have ever seen, you soak the rice for 25 min, I did 2 cups so I boiled 4 cups of water, put the rice in and cooked for 12 minutes. Served it up. Ez.

Why no veggie?

I have none.

Cheap, easy comfort food. Certainly not gourmet, but I would eat it.

I just went shopping today but have no ideas for dinner. Any suggestions? I was thinking of just making some tortellini with vodka cream sauce, but I have no vodka, only whiskey. Is it a bad idea to substitute?

Well I've never thought of mixing cream with vodka (Besides for drinking), but I mean would the flavour go well with the cream sauce? I don't normally cook with alcohol as I don't buy it.

Jesus fuck kill yourself, this is even worse than your mushroom pasta sauce

Well I appreciate the constructive criticism, I have a rebuttal if I may.
nou

Vodka cream sauce is easy and fucking great, particularly on gnocchi, but I dot know if the sweet and bitters of whiskey would ruin it.

Nice trips

I mean would the vodka make it taste good? I've taken shots of vodka and tasted it, it's a bury..well, alcohol taste. Does it honestly make it good?

Yes. Obviously, you are a bit new to the cooking game. Vodka cream sauce is a very common pasta sauce. The little pungentness of the alcohol complements the heavyness of the cream and the starch of the pasta beautifully. You can find recipes all over the place and I highly recommend you give it a go. A 5 dollar pint of trash vodka works just fine, so don't think that you have to go out and get an expensive bottle.

I was asking a general question,to the thread, as to if subsisting whiskey would be a bad idea because of the extra sugar and bitterness.

Right. It probably would be, but do it anyways because you're a chef and chefs like to experiment.

I am not a chef, but I was raised by one, so maybe I am a little more in tune then the average guy. I was just going to go for it, but I am also cooking for my wife, and I don't want to waist yhe whiskey.

Chili and Rice

I mean I consider myself one. Grandmother was a cook (Hungarian, oh baby yeah) and ever since I could talk I was helping out in the kitchen. I've yet to get a job in the kitchen, but that of course is my top priority.

Tuna and rice

I think I'm gonna try to make something like this for my gf and I

I've made grilled cheese with cheese on the outside. Get it right and it's great.

You are not a chef, you love to cook.
Not a bad place to be, and keep going, but until it is your entire life and identity, you are not a chef. The only time I could see my mother was in the kitchen. She works 12-14 hours a day, still, and loves every moment of it. A hobby chef is awesome, and I really don't want to discourage you, but you are not a chef, not until you live, sweet, and bleeding cooking.

Not discouraging, I get what you mean. Just because you fix pipes doesn't make you a plumber.

>this thread

>complains about the thread
>doesn't post his dinner

you're not helping laddeh

Exactly. I can build a fence, but I am not a carpenter. I can put on a hood and stick 2 pices of iron together, but I am no welder.

Keep cooking, dude. It is a wonderful hobby, and you will only get better.

I plan to. You know what they say about fat chefs

I only know what they say about skinny ones; you can't trust em.

>whtie people

>I consider myself one.
TOP KEK

>that disgusting wet rice

Can you westerners do anything right?

Covering the outsides of your grilled cheese in grated parm (after buttering, before frying) is fucking divine

Actually, I tried some shitty rice recipe on the back of the bag. You soak the rice for 25 min, and then put it in boiling water uncovered for like 11 min. It was alright. Sorry for trying something new you nigger

wow I actually have grated parm onhand. sweet, dude

Well op, same dude again. I made w the cream sauce with whiskey and it turned out fucking great. Got to figure out a side and it will be a complete meal. Like I said though, use gnocchi. I only had torts

That looks bland, overcooked to shit, and your rice looks like an abortion.

The chicken was quite moist, and the rice was beddy good too. I mean jerky probably looks disgusting in photos, but if you eat it/make it yourself you know what you're getting

Bull fucking shit, an hour and a half at 375? That's shoe leather, brined or not. And your grains visibly have been cooked improperly, as the grains have not absorbed enough water to swell.

screams Veeky Forums

I put some water in the bottom, seriously my man they weren't dry. It was really moist and good. It was under seasoned, however.

You know what, my nigga? I'll cook it the exact same way this Saturday. I'll show you how moist it was. Be here at 7 pm, my pal.

I had a turkey sandwich and some chips and salsa.