youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You need cream.

And as always eenjoyy

Heat your oven to 350 degrees F

Spread your pasta out onto a baking tray

Pop it into the oven for 20 minutes

Hey presto, you've got cooked pasta

be a boss and make the dough by hand, flatten it out, and cut it yourself. add some thyme leaves and roasted garlic for extra points

Follow the directions on the package.

Salt your water. It should be as salty as the ocean

1: Get the water boiling. The quickest way is to start by heating up a small amount of water on a high temperature, and then adding boiling water from the kettle. Use a generous amount of water to ensure the pasta will be covered

2: Salt the water. This will help with the seasoning later on. Be generous, at least a teaspoon for every pound of pasta. Remember, most of the water will be drained away

3: Add the pasta. I cook mine for as long as it says on the packet, minus 2 minutes or so (because I like mine al dente). If you are cooking spaghetti or any other kind of long, thin pasta, you won't be able to submerge in the water. However, don't be tempted to break the pasta in half. Instead, all you need to do is gently push the pasta in with a wooden spoon. It will soften and bend within seconds

(n.b. some people add olive oil to the pasta water as well as salt, 'to prevent the pasta from sticking'. I'm pretty sure this is useless, as the oil only sits on the surface of the water and only comes into contact with the pasta during the draining. Giving the pot several gentle stirs during cooking is more than enough to prevent any sticking. And it's always possible to add oil to your dish at the end)

4: Before draining the pasta, you might want to remove some of the pasta water from the pot and put it aside. The starch in the water will give any sauce you're preparing an enhanced texture and taste. and allegedly helps the sauce cling to the pasta better

5; Get a sieve/colander ready and drain the pasta. Depending on how you like your pasta, you might need to do this with some urgency, as pasta can go from al dente to soggy surprisingly quickly. Let some of the steam evaporate, but don't worry too much about any excess water. As I mentioned, it will serve to enhance your sauce. DO NOT rinse the pasta under the tap

6: Combine with your sauce in the pot, adding a splash of the reserved pasta water if your recipe calls for it. Season to taste, and wa la!

I think the whole "put oil in your water so the pasta won't stick thing" is a misunderstanding. Why chefs do it (according to some chefs I know, not necessarily representative) is because it prevents the water from boiling over and coats the pasta as you pour it out. if they don't want their pasta coated, they just don't put oil in at all

1. Heat water to boiling
2. Add pasta
3. Take off heat once pasta is soft
4. Put in freezer, stir in ice
5. Leave in freezer overnight
6. Enjoy like ice cream

ON THE HEAT
OFF THE HEAT
ON THE HEAT
OFF THE HEAT

Take it off the stove before it is done.

wtf

but which ocean?

Boil water. Put the pasta in. Wait for a few minutes.
Drain the pasta. Add sauce or whatever. I like just olive oil and some garlic and pesto.
Maybe some parmesan cheese grated on top. If I'm super hungry then I'll add some fish.

It was taken from this video which was doing the rounds on Veeky Forums a while back.

youtube.com/watch?v=c7Md4YR75qU

It is a fucking abomination to watch her try and cook, although the intro and editing are pretty solid.

1. boil water
2. put pasta in water
3. stir

this is pretty much correct, but the sauce and pasta should be combined over heat (albeit low)

Protip: undercook the pasta, finish it in the sauce.

If you cook it perfectly al dente, then it'll get soggy when you toss it in the sauce. Undercook it a little, then toss it in the sauce on low heat for about a minute. It'll be perfect.

>because it prevents the water from boiling over
B-but it doesn't

Correct.
It actually speeds up the boiling time of the water.