Sous Vide Thread

I just borrowed a sous vide and am using it for the first time. I have a top sirloin roast in there now. I need some ideas for how to serve it.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, it's an older phone

Other urls found in this thread:

larousse.fr/dictionnaires-prononciation/francais/tts/49124fra2
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pictured above is the roast and the spices I used.

It's all laid out like that because it makes a pretty picture. Sue me.

Spices are: Salt, pepper, fresh thyme, garlic, dried rosemary, chipotle powder, and sweet paprika.

I didn't use all of the spice I laid out. But I threw in a couple extra sprigs of thyme in there anyways.

Pic related is the roast rubbed and sealed.

Whoops, forgot picture! That was dumb.

Anywho I need help serving it.

I was thinking of making a kind of stuffed pepper with it. French onion soup like, though obviously without the soup.

Like, cook the peppers, put a fat slice of meat on the bottom, then some caramelized onions, then a slice of french bread with some Gruyere on top. Then melt the cheese under the broiler.

Is that dumb?

how long and what temperature?

Is that a live caterpillar?

i'd make a sandwich with that french bread, to be honest. caramelized onions and gruyere sounds great. some dijon and some cornichons and you're alright

salt - pepper
brown it on all sides in olive oil.
push cloves of garlic into meat use most of a bulb
a tsp of red wine vin
bag and cook time depend on weight

we use the meat for ravioli fillings and ragu

Does nobody do sous vide on Veeky Forums?
Sounds fucking magnificent, I've yet to try it, but I'm afraid I can't keep the temperature steady

gotta get dem trimmings nigguh

go full britfag on this shit

How do you pronounce Sous Vide?

Sue veed

Looks delicious.

Minus a few points for slicing it all out on a cold board.

It's not worth doing unless you have one of the machines that holds the temp for you. borrow one from a friend.

>It's not worth doing unless you have one of the machines that holds the temp for you

you can literally do sous vide salmon in a sink

obviously not worth it for bulkier items/longer processes, but i did some dank calamari in a cooler

Yeah I've heard of people hooking heating elements up to thermometers and doing sous vide that way. From what I've heard that's essentially how big catering outfits do it regardless, because machines are too small. They get a big-ass cooler, a circulator, and hook a heating element up to a thermometer and cook loads of food that way so that it takes no time to take it out of the bath, put it together and get it out.

why the fuck would you season your cutting board like that. What a waste.

we use a commercial coffee maker

sorry im not a poorfag who cries over 10ยข worth of spices wasted

soo veed
oo is a short sound, like in foot, not like food

>soo veed
>oo is a short sound, like in foot, not like food
See pic.

>that's essentially how big catering outfits do it regardless
No, we use PolySci units.

>Fut
are you inbred?

Do you pronounce food and foot in the same way?
Well, maybe the English pronounce it like that then because they have trouble with sounds like that. Same way we can't handle the English 'r'.
In French sous is a short sound, not at all like goose or food.

Actual French person saying it:
larousse.fr/dictionnaires-prononciation/francais/tts/49124fra2

are those meant to be yorkshire puddings? look more like pancakes