How do I prepare pic related? Do they need to be cleaned/trimmed?

How do I prepare pic related? Do they need to be cleaned/trimmed?

Other urls found in this thread:

myrestaurant.pt/en/recipes/tripas-a-moda-do-porto-tripe-oporto-style
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also need advice for pic related.

not really and sautee with onions and whatever seasonings

serve over rice

My grandmother loves this shit breaded and fried. It's the only way I've had it. Has kind of an odd texture. I have no idea how to cook it another way.

the pork pieces would probably make some bad ass stews and/or beans.

You can make ham and beans with the hocks, but the pig's feet... fuck, I don't know. I would never touch them in a million years, but maybe pickle them?

Also fuck organ meats. Shit's gross. Texture is all wrong and the flavor is like rancid ass. Only thing I've ever seen anyone do with gizzards and hearts is deep fry them, so try that.

Deep fry dat shit nigga

Use them hocks for some beans and or greens. Good cooking! Best of all, smoke them for a couple hours over some hickory then toss them into the broth for the beans and or greens. Better cooking!

As the other user said, fried gizzards and hearts are top. They're tough bits being all muscle that works all the time so you can either cook them very hot and fast or you could, conceivably, cook them low and slow. However, I'm not aware of a low and slow recipe for hearts and gizzards...would have to use an internet search engine and you know all about that, I'm sure, so I won't bore you with the details.

whats up toronto bro

Pigs feet are dank af if you're making a stew that's going to simmer all day. All that connective tissue breaks right down and makes for an incredible broth.

I also use them in any pork stock I make for the same reason, you get so much gelatin out of them.

>be me
>buy chicken livers
>turns out they mislabeled chicken hearts
>never made hearts before
>go for the same preparation I was intended with the liver
>fry in a pan
>ok its done
>pop one in my mouth
>bite down
>hot oil squirts out an atrium all over the inside of my mouth

Op here. Dredged them in flour salt pepper and shallow fried. Served over rice with side salad. Let's see how they taste...

I like me some fried chicken offal, but just looking at that picture gave me a stomach ache.

It looks both bland and overwhelming.

If you're enough of a hard cunt, use the pig trotters in holodets

that looks fucking amazing

>8000 kcals, the plate

I hope it tastes good

OP here. It wasn't offal, it was actually pretty good.

Only gonna eat half, but seriously? Where'd you get that number from?

>it wasn't offal, it was actually pretty good

Wow, I've never heard that one before...

The gizzards are the hard part. You should check them for bits of undigested food since chicken feed tastes exactly like shit. Also, you have to cook the fuck out of them or they'll have the texture of cartilage. Learned that from experience when I tried substituting them for chicken thighs in a recipe I tried once that came out great.

That said, I made a stew with hearts and gizzards once that came out godly. I started by caramelizing some onions and browning the guts in them, then I added beef stock and some mushrooms and let it simmer for about 4 hours.

how mad are you right now

>That said, I made a stew with hearts and gizzards once that came out godly. I started by caramelizing some onions and browning the guts in them, then I added beef stock and some mushrooms and let it simmer for about 4 hours.

Gonna try this next time. The taste/texture is so strange to me that I feel like they're undercooked (they aren't) and it just makes me feel weird eating them. I think if I let them cook for hours in a stew I'd enjoy it a lot more.

450 grams of chicken = 700 cals and about 150 cals of rice. Not sure where you pulled your dumb ass numbers from.

Pig feet will give you a dynamite broth. Now is the time to make your own Ramen if you haven't before

>not counting the flour + oil

this is why you're fat

I heard it's nice if you roast them over a fire.

Mmm, throw that shit in gumbo with sausage and chicken thighs. Cook until tender but still a little chewy.
Absolute fucking heaven

>dredged with flour and shallow fried

How much flour do you think sticks to the outside? And how much oil do you think is absorbed? 7,000 calories worth? And considering I said I only ate half, I think you might be autistic.

Nah, just throw em on the stove or whatever. Cook until not pink because it's chicken.

Pressure cook the gizzards until tender, then batter and deep fry. Or saute with some garlic and button. But pressure cooking them first any way you do it will be your best bet otherwise it's like chewing on a balloon.

damn guy I got to eat again latter on.

Mild kek

I use them is chicken soup in my slow cooker

cook with collard greens and put some vinegar in it.

Made them like that one time and it was god fucking awful. WIll try though shit looks good.

I suggest grilling the hearts next time, if you are able to. Marinade with whatever you want. Medium heat for about 7-8 minutes and they come out surprisingly tender.

I used a packet of Weber peppercorn steak seasoning last time and it was really good.
>seasoning packet
Eat shit I don't give a fuck, fuck you bitch fight me right now

Jesus how can one post contain so much shit tastes?

>OP here. It wasn't offal
lmfao

Pork's feet are excelent for broths and stews. Especially this one
myrestaurant.pt/en/recipes/tripas-a-moda-do-porto-tripe-oporto-style
(I know it says veal's hand there but pork's feet also go great).

Chiken hearts are great grilled.

Damn, looks pretty good
gonna have to try that