Can we have a central European food thread?

Can we have a central European food thread?

I want to start cooking more of this style of food and I'd like suggestions from people in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

ladegustation.cz/en/menu?id=412
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's all basic as fuck poverty food in the wake of communism.

Just look up a dish and you probably already have all the ingredients on hand to make it. Boring as fuck and hardly a "style".

From what I've experienced the modern style is heavily influenced by the communist era, with lots of simple and hearty meals, but there are also a lot of dishes that were passed down through families from before the communist period.

When I was in Prague, I visited La Degustation, which has a menu based on Modernised version for Czech dishes from the 19th century.
It was very odd, but very enjoyable.

Bump, I'm going shopping in about an hour and I need to know what to pick up.

Goulash is the greatest food there is

check out this sad person

It's just an anal anguished frog or eyetie mad that people are talking about another cuisine and not sucking their micro-cock.

My guess is it's a "refugee" who's upset that central Europe doesn't want their "culture".

Whenever I see food from that area, the dumplings always look so good. I'm sure that they don't have too much flavor, but they look like the texture would be amazing.

CZECH FOOD IS GOD TIER, FAGGOTS

>I visited La Degustation
thats the most expensive and prestigious restaurant here

Just watched bourdain's parts unknown episode in hungary. Kind of want to go there now for all those butcher shops and schnitzel.

They're very tasty.
I visited a few Czech restaurants when I was on holiday and all the dumplings tastes different - probably different spices in each recipe.
Texture is great, especially when fried.
Cost us about $600 AUD all up for me and my wife; I had the wine pairings, she had the juice pairings.
Worth it, but we had to book ages in advance.

>$600 meal
>complete with juice pairings

Gonna do that when I get home.

She doesn't drink alcohol, the restaurant offers juice pairings I'm place of wine pairings for those that don't drink.

I think the wine pairings were about $100 and the juice pairings were about $30.

just like my babushka used to make

What is this?
It looks great.

Holubki or golabki. Stuffed cabbage rolls.

Cheers.

Thanks for dumping this by the way, the ideas are streaming.

>tfw no butchers near you sell headcheese.
Hold me.

This, very much

I'm home now, in case you were wondering.

I'm really curious what juice goes with what now that I've seen countless wine pairing info charts. Could you divulge?

It's kind of like a filet-o-fish, but with fried cheese instead of fried fish.

Traditional Christmas dinner in Czech Republic and Poland.

Never really understood why is this a thing.
It's just bread covered in sugar and in awkward shape. I had a coconut version once, and it was okay, but nothing I would like to eat again.

Aw shit, my childhood food.

Mushroom goulash.

It was all in house made juices, we had the "Premium" meal with 11 courses, so they were all quite small; the wines were all high end Bohemian wines.

Their current menu and pairing is:
ladegustation.cz/en/menu?id=412

Never really experienced Hungarian/Czech food but it looks really similar to German.

Donuts

There's a lot of similarities, but there's a lot more spice involved and more baked goods.

Well, it looks like has been confirmed as true based on all the pictures posted.

Traditional christmas food - carp with potato salad.

forgot the link

It is very similar in Bohemia and the western part of the country. As you move south and east it gets more similar to Hungarian/Polish. But food traditions travel around everywhere. It's all good stuff.

žemlovka - a baked mixture of apples, bread or other bakery, cream cheese and raisins.

Potato pancakes.
Very popular during summer festivals.

Looks bretty good. Gotta try it next time I'm over there.

Bublanina

A simple cake dessert with fruits or veggies.

Brynzové halušky, very common in Slovkia.

Potatoes + sheep cheese + bacon + cabbage

Central Europeans do love their dong-shaped foods.

the polish place i lived by used to make this with plums and peaches it was so good

This thread is the comfiest thread.

That's Lithuanian right? I had dinner at some Lithuanian girl's house a couple years ago and she made that.

>central Europe
>pineapple

It's pretty transnational. You can even find them all over Europe. I've even seen them served at Turkish shops.

Christmas cookies.

At least we don't like them between our buns you clown

I'd like to put mine between your buns.

Only downside is paprika shits.

What is this? It polish thing, right? Some kind of baked sandwich witch ham and cheese?

Also, any good recipe for polish soup Zhurek?

Isnt paprika like the only spice this thing is based on?

Also cummin, marjoram and pepper.