What the hell is the purpose of this shit? Why do I need a porus spoon that can burn...

What the hell is the purpose of this shit? Why do I need a porus spoon that can burn, when there are so many better materials like silicon? Can we discuss other pointless kitchen tools?

there is literally nothing wrong with wooden spoons

My wooden spoon is probably one of my most used kitchen tools, and it's size and shape is as important to me as that of my chef's knife.. Literally no other material is as good for it's purpose.

I don't understand. why do you not like wooden spoons. Like seriously why are you mad about a wooden spoon. Normally people toss around the word autism without meaning but it might apply here...

if you set your spoon on fire the problem is not the spoon

user, the problem is you

I love my wooden spoons. They don't get hot like my big metal one. Good for using in my teflon pans too. I guess if you're some kind of oaf or idiot, you might burn yours or let it soak for too long. I'm not though

please tell me you haven't actually managed to set a wooden spoon on fire.

this is bait right

or pasta or something

i mean i know im a bit of a luddite but this has to be bait right

I don't like the texture of wood in my hands, so I don't use them. But I'm not salty to people who like them.

>I don't like the texture of wood in my hands

i dont like it either

I don't have autism and I don't like super soft blankets

That is exactly what an autistic person would say.

how do you even... not like a texture?

i mean i dont like the texture of those gelatinous chia seed drinks that are popping up, but i feel like thats different, i dont like drinking chunky snot

i dont understand, dude

They don't bend when stirring thick stuff like plastic ones, but I do hate how they soak up food juices..

>how do you not like a texture
>i mean apart from the textures i don't like

sounds like you understand completely

you don't have to understand, just realize that everyone is different

yeah yeah

i suppose it seems foreign to dislike the texture of something on your hands, especially if its something completely normal

different like my downie cousin, who hates clouds? wood is a common, useful thing

You don't understand because you have autism. That is the hallmark of that condition. It's ok. Autistics can live very normal lives nowadays.

>not understanding the behaviours of rational human beings

uh oh, sounds like you may have a touch of the 'tism

howd you fucking know

get out of my head

>i really wish these people would get mad! that would be entertaining!

Wild guess.

Siliocn or metmac is the way to go, wooden spoons are caveman tier shit.

allow me to rephrase

i was taught by my parents & a wide variety of experiences to overcome inabilities. mental blocks, i was taught, are weakness. it is nothing less than cowardice & self harm to forgo working through these issues. this includes giving the slightest bit of a shit about the physical texture of an tool. now, while i am obviously capable of empathizing with someone who dislikes a texture, its rare that i find someone so static & smallminded that they even care, let alone articulate the sentiment.

do you now see how i might give a double take?

DAMN youre good

>He will never know the joy of licking cookie dough off a wooden spoon

wooden spatula pros versus silicon
It doesn't bend
cheaper
wont melt
can be used to scrape stuck things like the bottom of paella
lighter
can sand or carve to better fit your hand
no vibration when you hit it against the side of the pan to dislodge sauce
can be used to smack intruders into my kitchen when cooking
lower carbon footprint
not made out of the same material as sex toys
comfy and rustic
better texture
doesn't get sweaty in the hand in a hot kitchen
can be made of different types of wood for A E S T E T I C S
triggers the autism of silicon fags, keeping them far away from my kitchen
will function exactly the same until it breaks years from now, silicon slowly degrades over time
can make one myself if I feel the need to
not pretentious

Con, probably the biggest, can't scrape bottom of pan properly and can't use on dessert making

Jokes on you, cause eating anything off wood is the worst. Scraping my teeth off a wooden popsicle stick is the worst thing in the world

To each their own.

i see how you brought out the big guns because you got upset lmao

good luck making a pan sauce with a shitty plastic spoon

>comparing quality wooden spoon with cheap sucker stick
yeah nah

won't cause temperature shock

It increases movement speed.

One of my least favorite things as a child were those cheap ice cream cups that came with the wooden "spoons"; couldn't stand putting those in my mouth.

Guess what though? We're talking about a cooking utensil, not a cheap flimsy thing that children eat sweets off of.

>better materials like silicon

Why are people so stupid as to confuse silicon (computer chips) with silicone (flexible rubber, i.e. boob implants)?

You mean a tongue compressor? Ugh. I hate those things. Also hate the feel of cotton balls. It makes my skin crawl. You got that one, too?

Not him but cotton balls on your teeth is disgusting.

Why would a cotton ball ever touch your teeth?

If you ever look at a professional kitchen nobody used wooden cooking utensils. But you will see many pros scraping the sides of a pot with a silicon spatula.

That's because a wooden spoon wouldn't last a week in a professional kitchen without breaking or splintering, and is probably considered unsanitary/unsafe by the health department.

For home use it's perfectly fine.

It happened to me before, someone made me a bet that they couldn't throw a marshmallow into my mouth.

I took the bet but they sneakily replaced the marshmallow with a cotton ball, sadly they got it in too.

Cheap
Light
Aesthetic
Does the job

What's not to like?

>I've never had any dental work done

silicon spoons always snap when you're stirring a huge pot of stew or chili

meanwhile you can get a 3/4 inch handle wooden spoon that will survive anything you need to stir

Root canals and that sort of thing, I guess. But I meant that rubbing or shredding cotton balls with my hands makes my skin crawl. I have no idea why. The best I can describe it is like a reflex.

Basically a tongue compressor. Popsicles have them, too. Hate them.

That's what melmac is for

Silcone, not silicon.

And it cannot snap, it flexes. If it snaps, it's not silicone.

Do you even know what silicone is?

baited

>Root canals and that sort of thing,
American dental hygiene everyone.

>Porus
Porus or Poros (from the Greek Πῶρος, Pôros) was a king of the Pauravas whose territory spanned the region between the Hydaspes (Jhelum) and Acesines (Chenab) rivers in what is now Punjab. Porus was defeated by Alexander the Great in the Battle of the Hydaspes.

FYI: People refer to teeth that are straight and white in third world countries like England as "American teeth".

Americans have shitty teeth, what are you on about?
All that sugar and crap takes it's toll early on.
>tl.dr Scandinavian Power Teeth Master Race.

>tl.dr
You don't know what this means, do you?

I'm of scandinavian decent. My teeth are shit, despite taking very good care of them.

>Americans have shitty teeth
>shitty teeth are had by Americans
>teeth of Americans are shitty
>teeth have shitty Americans
>shitty teeth
>shit shit shit sheeeeeiiiiiiiit

no.

only plebs use shit that bend

To beat your children with

don't eat sugar, brush after every meal, use colgate total, and floss once a day.

>just saying "fuck it" and not seeing a dentist

Rest of the world everyone

i dont get it

>Having a need for root canals
American ultra sugary food everyone

Post your teeth

Considering i'm an alcoholic drinking multiple bottles of wine every day ontop of smoking they're pretty damn un-eroded.

Only problem is the yellowing of my teeth.

Those actually do look pretty good

Maybe i'm blessed with good genes or maybe it is my diet, i'll never know.

The only thing I can say is that British food generally has less sugar in it than American food and that sugar is linked to tooth erosion.

That's far from a definitive conclusion.

It feels nasty when wet, it never seems clean no matter how much I wash it. There is no reason to have this in your kitchen.

exactly, that is why wood sucks

switch to boxed, you'll save money. Or just go full on to vodka
t. Alcoholic wine drinker

>Pros of wooden spoons
>Can be used to smack intruders into my kitchen when cooking

The importance of this cannot be overstated

>that can burn
If you manage to set a wooden spoon on fire by accident, you don't belong in a kitchen.

It doesn't transfer heat like metal ones, or melt like plastic ones. It's easy to clean, and relatively light, and very cheap.

>how do you even... not like a texture?
So, you're saying you'd happily sleep on sandpaper because you don't care about texture?