What are the bare necessities when starting a restaurant?

What are the bare necessities when starting a restaurant?

A pit of money

This, most places do not make enough to cover expenses for the first 2-3 years so you need a lot of cash to cover that.

Besides that I mean kitchen equipment wise

Food lol

Food isn't equipment dumbass

a building with a sign

Hands

Depends on the restaurant.

If it's sushi, you could get by with very little equipment.

Simple diner with a short menu, you are going to need your basics:
>flat-top grill
>oven
>prep tables
>coffee machines
>as many refrigerators and freezers necessary to accommodate your product
>3-tub sink station with sanitizer and wash

The front-of-house is whatever.

You just need a place for people to sit, and a place for people to put their food. Usually, tables and chair work wonderfully for this.

Thanks for the help. I'm thinking of opening a simple burger joint with out an indoor diner. Just a order window or two and a menu board, maybe some picnic tables. I'm trying to cut the "front-of-house" out of the equation and just focus on the kitchen.

Have you ever worked at least fast-food?

I want to impress again how amazing a flat-top grill is if you've never used one.

It's a big, thick piece of metal that stays at a constant ~375F.

You can use it as is, and even use pans on top of it if you need to.

That means you clean one big surface instead of dealing with many smaller cooking dishes, and you also get a natural cross-flavor of your foods. For example, the roasted peppers you throw on are getting a little of that burger grease to give them a richer flavor.

I hope you have a lot of starting capital and a great location ready.

What would you say is a good amount of money to start the simplest burger joint?

If you have to ask these kinds of questions on Veeky Forums of all places, for the love of god don't open a fucking restaurant

Your in-laws hanging around, generally doing nothing while silently judging you and predicting your failure.

I have no idea.

I'd say your best bet is one of two options:
>food truck
>gas station

Food truck means insanely low starting costs, and the general strategy is either to serve insanely cheap food to locals daily near a work location, or to make really great stuff and sell it at a premium (think $9 for a burger, another $4 for fries that are 'special' somehow) to yuppies.

Pic related for an example of the latter, but I have to say, their burgers were damn near perfect.

Guests.

From Houston?

make sure you have enough spoons

Aye.

A FUCKING PLOT

hello everyone i have $10 burgers and $7 FRENCH FRIES for sale

i make them out of my truck

WEW

WEW

W
E
W