Which languages are good choices for building crypto trading bots?

Which languages are good choices for building crypto trading bots?

might wanna try /g/

nodejs with websocks

I don't care how many professors suck the dick of Haskell. If you use functional programming languages of your own volition you belong in a gulag.

Honestly Nodejs is probably the best way to go. I was hesitant to touch javascript too, but the ecosystem has grown a lot, and I thought it has grown to be overall pretty nice. Don’t let playing with JS ten, or even two years ago influence you now.

At least, that’s my two cents.

python

HolyC. Don't be a nigger.

the one that you're good at.

it doesn't fucking matter. on the front end, a trading bot sends very simple queries and does nothing else.

>t. brainlet

Someone else suggested this and when I looked it up, I didn't like the look of it either. But can you elaborate? I may have to make a case for why it's a bad idea.

Right. Another question: what about if I wanted to scan the markets for certain types of setups?

scan for prices/order books? it's just an http query and json data

I do all my algorithmic trading with solidity. My bot auto invests in ICOs and designated coins for me with smart contracts. I almost have a fully functioning digital crypto assistant.

how does it find the ICOs?

C# literally every other answer is pure retardation. Just do it.

I manually create a seperate contract to accumulate funds up to a certain threshold for each ICO i'm interested in. I can pre-set the gast limit and gas price and as soon the contract address is released for the ico I paste that into my smart contract and it sends my allocation almost instantaneously on execution. Gas wars no longer.

Haskell is not that difficult

It's ACTUALLY harder to write programs in Rust

this, be fast

That sounds pretty neat.

Is that guy with the awesome BitBean setup in this thread?

perl? python, any script language

french

Node.js

Python. Why? Libraries.

unironically this, tons of libraries and easy to interface with apis

haskell is cool but you need to be good at cs

definitely not Haskell.
Java + vert.x will allow you to have multithreaded, reactive websockets and fast data processing that beats out node.js and many more web clients/server in speed while also giving you access to a huge ecosystem of luseful libraries

using it right now for a finance class, with pandas and numpy its pretty good