What are some traditional African dishes? My daughter's school is having Cultural Appreciation Day this Friday...

What are some traditional African dishes? My daughter's school is having Cultural Appreciation Day this Friday, and as part of the celebration, their class is having a potluck with foods from around the world. My daughter is half black and my wife wants her to represent that part of her heritage. However, we're both white, so neither of us knows what she should bring. I suggested fried chicken (I know a lot of people make jokes about black people and fried chicken, but I know it's a popular dish among African Americans and really had no other ideas) and my wife started scolding me about racism (I'm not!) and stereotypes and oppression, and now I have to sleep on the couch until Friday.

Please recommend something quick. The couch is not good for my scoliosis and sleeping in the living room is cold (in more ways than one).

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jollof_rice
youtube.com/watch?v=RJjqAajbrPE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

your lion

Beat your wife.

I live in Mozambique, so there's my source.

Matapa is considered the unofficial national dish here. Xima is also extremely popular and served with almost every dish. And you're not wrong, fried chicken is the most popular form of chicken here. It's easy to cook, stays relatively well when removed from a heat/cold source, cheap, etc.

Not sure if serious or subtle "my wife's son" troll thread.

In case this is genuine:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jollof_rice

>Not sure if serious or subtle "my wife's son" troll thread.
Not sure if serious or honestly unsure

Not sure if serious or subtle tautology troll.

bugs and dirt

Watermelun?

>hurr cuck has c and k in it lol i'm hilarious

Red cross meal ration

>my daughter

Bushmeat!

I'm sure your neighbors cat will do the trick if you don't have a chimpanzee near you.

Ethiopian food is the bees knees

You could make injera and some ethiopian lentil stew for something "authentic"

Or do something like schwarma chicken wings and plantains wrapped in bacon as like a spin on (west) African flavors.

Do you have a specific region of Africa?

oh wait is this a meme thread

my bad, disregard

Don't post here or on my wifes sons board ever again.

heres what I did for the kids day.

Go to Ethiopian restaurant, tell them you want to buy the sauce from their doro wat. Get like 6-8 cups. buy a family pack of chicken thighs and roast them in the oven or bbq them. when theyre done take off the skin and stick the chicken in a pot with some hard boiled eggs and dump the sauce over them and simmer for 30-40 minutes. serve with rice or injera. rice is easier. super tasty dish, not truly authentic and much easier than grinding a ton of spices which a lot of african foods require..

>daughter part black
>thinks she is in anyway 'African'
>Is just African American

Bring the dish of the dindu- watermelon and fried chicken. Everyone will love it because it's delicious and if anyone says anything just start screaming at them for being racist to assume she brought those foods because she's black.

I know what you're up to op

NEITHER HAVE THEY

I see nothing wrong with that pic, looks nice

Africa is a huge fucking continent. There is no "traditional African food." It depends on the region and the people.

For that reason, it seems to me to be totally un-racist to recognize that African Americans have had to develop their own traditions, not always knowing their ancestors' nationality. For instance, in the Rust Belt city I live in there is a huge admixture of Southern and Central/Eastern European cuisines. Where did that Southern part -- with its fried chicken and oxtail and catfish and collard greens -- come from? It's because our city is nearly half African American. The fact that these foods are popular here is BECAUSE of African American history and heritage. It's not something to be ashamed of.

Although it's totally understandable why your wife wouldn't want your daughter to be "that black chick who brought fried chicken and watermelon." Schoolchildren are fucking brutal. She will definitely be made fun of.

>>>/cuckshed/

>African Cultural Appreciation
>Having children you're concerned about
>Posting on Veeky Forums

Give your imaginary children to foster care,and think of a more imaginative shitpost.

The Trayvon Martini.

1 part malt liquor
1 part Arizona watermelon flavor

Drop in a handful of skittles and garnish with a single bullet.

And let it zimmer for around a hour

Fly burger

youtube.com/watch?v=RJjqAajbrPE