What are your culinary red flags in a person?

What are your culinary red flags in a person?

>I don't like fish
>I'll have that well-done please

>Posts on Veeky Forums

>ketchup

Fish is gross thou

Spotted the flyover

>salts all food before tasting it
>please pass the ketchup
>I'm just gonna have a handful of your fries, bro

Flown over from where?

>dressing on the side

Somewhere with culture

I used to "not like fish"

Then I realized my mom was just inept as fuck at cooking fish.

>ranch flavored anything
>sugar on cereal
>leftovers dumped into the same container

England?

I'm just picky about fish.

I was born and raise by the ocean.

If it's not fresh, I can tell, and I don't want it, it's like the good taste is gone and all that remains is rather bland or rather bad.

Seriously, I cannot understand how some people eat fish like sticks that are frozen and tasteless.

If fish has a fishy smell and a fishy flavour then it is going off.

Fresh fish should be sweet, salty and taste of the fresh ocean.

To find fresh fish get it from a fishmongers at the seaside, you want clear eyeballs and red gills.

If you're inland, frozen is the best way to go.

That's not being picky, that's having good taste

Picky people will refuse to eat all fish, no matter the quality

People who drink soda or fruit juices during a meal

Just kill yourselves

It's just irritating.

I travel and visit someone and they want to be good hosts by offering fish, since they assume I'm fond of fish because I was raised on an island. And I'm into trying new things, but then they don't even bother with something around them and try and get this exotic fish that has changed hands 14 times before it got to the pan. I'd rather go to the bother of getting up early to fish in whatever waterhole they have nearby, I know it will be better than most frozen fish they could offer. But then I feel like an asshole because I should appreciate the hospitality, which I do, but I cringe at what they must have paid.

It's like when people also offer me mango's or coconuts while visiting. I get these off trees for free back home. Just give me some fresh stuff from here.

I drink Malta sometimes.

Goes well with spicy dishes.

> I can't eat that, it still resembles the animal it came from

> she doesnt swallow

I hate it when someone doesnt like X

>no onions!!
>pickles/fish/cheese/tomato is gross
>butter chicken level of spicy tolerance
>no vegetables
>solid green egg yolks
>gluten free "for health benefits"
>vegan

>runny eggs are gross

Bacterial?

>Talks positively about any chain restaurant
>Uses convenience products to make semi-homemade food
>Heat and eat meals in freezer
>Drinks soda or milk with dinner
>Breakfast is cereal in cold milk
>Turkey sandwiches made from deli meat
>Salad dressing from a bottle
>Coffee with cream and sugar

>Coffee with cream and sugar
I use milk and sugar

Checkmate

This, so much this

In America, the tomatoes in the chain grocery stores are complete garbage and taste like shit. I'm convinced that's why so many Americans don't like tomatoes.

reddit reply

>"""""organic""""" produce

it's a term yanks use for people that dont live on the coast. they live inland in "flyover" states, implying that the inland states are too boring to bother actually visiting and instead people just fly over them from coast to coast.

fuck i'm Aussie and I even know this.

The man makes a fair point

>having anything below well-done

>mayo

You've probably never had good fish

>I don't like fish

Unless you live near the ocean, fish is not going to be as good as other options. It's a wise decision.

>I like my meat well done

Killing parasites and bacteria and other things in meat before you consume them tends to make you much healthier.

I speak from experience. I got lungworm from sushi. Too poor for doctor(murican) so had to buy anthelmintics used on livestock to cure myself. I was coughing up black goo.

Yeah you don't eat rare or raw food if you can't afford the good stuff. Doesn't mean no one should eat it.
And eating cheap sushi is always a stupid idea.

nah, i´m from europe and our tomatoes are quite good most of the time. still, i knew girls who wouldn´t eat them because of their texture or something. yet they´d eat ketchup and swallow cum. never understood that

how to spot a yank.
if its not pink in the middle its burnt fag

Newfag detected.

>salts uncooked eggs

>I don't like tomatoes
>I don't like onions
>I don't eat fish or seafood
>I only like well done beef
>bacon on everything all the time
>I don't like vegetables
>I don't eat eggs
>I only like scrambled eggs done hard
>I don't like "ethnic" foods
>The only fruit I like are bananas and apples
>I hate any kind of curry
>I only eat burgers with meat, cheese, and bread, no condiments or vegetables

I've known people who've said all these things. They are shit people.

>meticulously separates all the food in their plate
>won't eat food that touches

>slopping on the helpings of different foods onto the plate, things that shouldn't mix are now mixing. textures and flavors ruined
>dont play with your food user, its all going to the same place anyway

I dislike low quality raw tomatoes, they are watery, gross and ruin anything they are on, especially burgers, I love tomato sauces though, so eat my ass if I'm a "red flag" for thinking that. also I hate avocado because as soon as it enters my mouth I become noxious, even if I have no idea it's there.

You should track down some heirloom tomatoes. It'll change your life.

>I become noxious
>noxious

Of course. But the average restaurant doesn't have those, hence the red flag.

>"why are you frying that without onion? where's the garlic?"
>"why are you putting the fries in the oven? just use a pan lmao"
>"why aren't you using a rice cooker if you want rice?"
>a person buys expensive meat, proceeds to burn it and top it off with cheap sauce
>leaves his food just sitting in the kitchen without putting it away in a container or something and then gets mad at me throwing it out because it went bad
>a person flat out tells me my cooking is shit because I made "foreign food"
yeah fuck you too

>salts food before tasting
>puts spaghetti and sauce in same pot, instead of adding a little sauce on top of noodles
>frozen vegetables as a "side"
>putting hot sauce all over food, instead of dipping on the side

I feel i may lose some people with the last one. Bad habits die hard, and are the most defended.

>ITT: literally anyone who eats or doesn't eat anything is a fucking pleb and should feel horrible. Aren't I fucking awesome, you guiz?

does stir-frying frozen vegetables with meat and sauce count as a side?

>Eating Indian food
>ever

POO
O
O

IN
N

LOO
O
O

I don't eat fish, but it's for psychological reasons. I've seen too many videos of parasites in their stomachs, couples with an irrational fear of insects.

Before I saw all those videos I wasn't a big fan of the taste, especially of non-white fish (halibut was okay with me because of fish and chips), but I liked Kipper.

>>frozen vegetables as a "side"

Wow.

This.

Motherfucker, you made plain white rice and you serve a side of frozen vegetables on the side. You had these two things and this is what you do. Motherfuck you.

>psychological reasons.
Is that fancy talk for "I'm too scared because I'm a faggot"?

Sounds silly. you know parasites are just as likely to infest other sorts of animals, like chickens/cows/pigs, right? Why is your silly fear specific to fish?

It's fancy talk for "all I can think about when I see fish is my father telling me about how all fish have parasites in their flesh" so call me what you will. As far as I remember, I'm not missing much.

Switched to vegetarian a while ago because I was told I might feel more energetic, and I did, so I'm sticking with it.

The word is faggotry.

Dude. There are different fish all over the world. I'm not saying that if people say something it must be true, but fish is loved by billions, and it's health benefits are hard fact.

There should be one you like.

Because of a conversation I had with my father.

That said, infestation rates in cows are remarkably low compared to chicken and pork.

>>puts spaghetti and sauce in same pot, instead of adding a little sauce on top of noodles
Kill yourself

Possibly, but I live inland, and fish is exorbitantly expensive for a student living on a part time wage.

>I live inland

There we go. Opinions on fish discarded.

no, thats fine, but im talking about putting frozen vegetables in pot of water, and then adding the resulting mess to someone's plate.

>insists on needlessly drowning his noodles
bitch has no class

Jesus fuck, this shit right here.
Also,
>"I don't like meat right off the bone"

>so stupid doesn't realize there's other kinds of curry besides Indian

GTFO

>>puts spaghetti and sauce in same pot, instead of adding a little sauce on top of noodles
You do realize that you're doing it wrong though, right?

>the pasta hasn't absorbed the flavour of the sauce by finishing them together in the pot
>every other mouthful of pasta is dry and tasteless
I'm sorry your trash parents indoctrinated you with this shit-tier method

>Because of a conversation I had with my father.
Wow
One conversation fucked up your whole life man
Review your choices

shiet nigga, I'm the same. The most delicious fish I eat is the one I catch myself in the morning. Big difference from the store bought,

What if I drink warm tea with all my meals

I do all of these except the last two because I don't like coffee or salad

> throwing out someone else's food
I hope you don't do this, I don't care if it's bad or not

>so stupid he doesn't realize that curry is a term made up to describe asian food with meat in a sauce
Go ask a person from India how to make a "curry".

Have you ever lived with shitty roommates before?

All terms are "made up", bro

My list is all commonplace things. They're just red flags to be because I take them as signs the person either doesn't give a shit, doesn't know about and/or doesn't prioritize good food. That would be most people.

>calls all pasta spaghetti
>"noodles"
>"sauce"
Disgusting, my ancestors didn't bring that shit here for you to be an ignorant Merigan. And don't think you can get away with calling it marinara or red sauce either, that shit's worse

You're not even making sense now. Why don't YOU go ask an Indian how to make curry, since you obviously know nothing about it. Or ask a Thai, or a Malaysian, or someone from Myanmar, or Japanese, or Chinese. GTFO with your stupidity.

Yes, but since the people who made "curry" in the first place don't use that term you're only trying to re-write the dictionary.

What makes you think you're not speaking to an Indian, you fucking retard.

anyone with preferences is gay

>Myanmar

Tea is neither a soda nor a fruit juice.

Sure, sure you are, Lakshit.
If you were, you wouldn't be acting so fucking stupid about something as simple as curry.

80 replies, but finally got the /thread post

Neither are you you fucking faggot fuck fucker. Don't ever fucking say that fucking shit to me again you fucking fucker, do I fucking make myself fucking clear, fucker?

if I don't throw it out it's going to sit there for weeks and then I'm going to get the blame for it

tea is made from leaves, leaves are fruit, you juice the leaves to get the tea. so, fruit juice

Did it fuck up my whole life?

I don't believe I'm experiencing any intense ramifications related to not eating fish.

Would you eat a beetle? A spider? A scorpion? A millipede? They do in some countries, does it make me fucked up to not want to?

does not wanting to eat a beetle make you fucked up? no
but not wanting to eat fish does

>Not eating best sources of Omega 3 and Omega 6
>Literally missing out on actual magic food
>Not fucked up
Wew lad bet you eat 90% red meat too.

Of course you know this. It's part of Veeky Forums shitposting 101

i like fish but it makes me ill, fancy or cheap, i get stomach pain when i eat it

You're just a fag then

Runny eggs are gross. I bet you sop up the leftover yolk from your plate with a piece of bread, you uncouth bastard.

>he eats food

>leaves are fruit

Oh boy, I have so fucking many.

>I don't like gherkins, they ruin burgers
>I'll have my dressing on the side
>can I have my burgers toppings come on a seperate plate
>When you make my cappucino, can you make it extra hot? Put it in the microwave for a minute
after it's finished, I like it so hot I can barely drink it
>Can you make my chicken wings extra crispy?
>Blue cheese is gross, it tastes too strong
>don't put anchovies in the ragu, I don't like the taste
>I don't eat fish, I think it's stupid, steak is better
>Chinese food is the best kind of takeout
>Can you cook my eggs hard?

Fucking stupid plebs, I make food because I've 20+ years in hospitality and I've worked my ass off to get here.
Grow the fuck up.