Why is it right that the government can tell you that you cannot allow smoking in YOUR bar/pub/restaurant that YOU paid...

Why is it right that the government can tell you that you cannot allow smoking in YOUR bar/pub/restaurant that YOU paid for, staffed by employees who CONSENT to working in a smoky environment, patronised by customers who CONSENT to enjoying their time in a smoky environment?

Because democracy.

something something Jews

I agree with your premise 100%. However, people that CAPITALIZE random words to show EMPHASIS always come across as RETARDED.

you sound UPSET. and i have a feeling your are not even MEMEING. maybe it is because the world isnt about (YOU)

because the employees might just be doing it for the money..and seriously its 2016 who smokes these days?

Because it's never really "yours" and the government will always go out of their way to remind you of it.

Serioulsy fuck you...

i tried what the picture said and now my cat is fucking DEAD!

Asshole, I hope you get cancer.,

Because the legislatures of the United States believed, at the points in which they passed the relevant legislation, that the compromise to personal and private liberty was worth the benefit to the health and safety of its constituency.

>seriously its 2016 who smokes these days?

It may be "your" restaurant, but think about it, where is it? It's somewhere in a town/city that IS owned by the government. You own this establishment only because the government allows you to.

I'm not op, but seriously eat a fucking dick and die.

How about YOU kill YOURself, FAG

This in a nutshell.

who is to say you can't drive drunk? I am 100% real when I say I drive better drunk than most people on the road do sober.
Stringent blood alcohol restrictions cut into businesses' bottom lines and contribute to the culture of dependence on the nanny government.
Will some people die if the laws are relaxed? Yes, they probably will but that is the price of liberty. The crime statistics don't correlate all the people who had to turn to prostitution or robbery because big G's regulations made it impossible for them to pay their rent.
Jesus fuck, it's called common sense, but it sure as hell isn't common nowadays

your restaurant is on their land.

this. I work in cancer research for a well known tobacco company and none of my team smoke for obvious reasons. That should tell people something.

>Nerd patrol doesn't smoke

I'm shocked

You cant put poison in the air for the same reason you cant put it in the food.

Yep, let's take the word of a drunk on how well he drives.

>Putting metal into a microwave

Because liberals are totalitarians that spout platitudes that are contradictory to their actions.

The government should ban automobiles and enforce the usage of commuter rail everywhere, too. Did you know that 92 people are killed on the road every day in the USA?

t. Hillary voter

More children die to swimming pools than guns. We should also ban babby killing assault swimming pools (public and private) while we're at it.

The government wants to discourage people from picking up a deadly habit but on the other hand there are cigar bars and hookah bars so it is kind of hypocritical.

t. pack a day smoker

They are gonna say other people's rights to not not inhale second hand smoke trumps your right to smoke. That's dangerous logic if you ask me. It's right in line with the ultra liberal "progressive" logic that's been brewing on college campuses. Remember these people are say free speech is hate speech and every campus should have forced diversity

How did microwaving a spoon kill your cat?

Second hand smoke is bullshit, it's only a health issue if you are constantly around it

because of the nanny state

I think people should be able to smoke where they want, but we should have the right to beat the shit out of anybody holding a cigarette in public. They're all assholes anyway, and stink worse than an unwashed Indian.

I'm just relaying what they say. It's all civil protectionism bullshit. Look forward to fighting to retain your right to drive a car in 20 years. The nannies will say "Why should you be allowed to drive when self driving cars are so much safer".

in Germany ( and I think most of Europe) the bar owner can choose if he had a smoker ( with restrictions) or a non-smoker bar

a sign at the door let the customer choose if he want to go in or not at his own risk

smoking doesn't make you look cool

grow up you stink

go back to 9gag you absolute loser

Second hand smoke literally harms other people. You can't harm other people without kickback.

So does driving a car but nobody seems to care

the thing is, speech doesn't actually harm anybody, barring straight up abuse.

secondhand smoke IS physically harmful to other people, and you can't interrupt someone's bodily integrity without their consent without it being effectively assault

Im sorry are you comparing the benefits of automobiles to the benefits of smoking. Sure both have leathal byproducts but you must understand that they are not comparable.

yeah, about 90% of emissions or more from vehicles don't contribute to greenhouse gases. 90% of air pollution from vehicles comes from those huge fucking semi trucks. apples to oranges

Oh don't mind me, I was just being cheeky

Maybe they only CONSENT because you need a job to LIVE and jobs are kind of SPARSE.

>jobs are kind of SPARSE.
They aren't. People are just too picky.

>wow OP, are you Billy Jack?
>one tin soldier starts playing

Indoor smoking bans at least make sense from a health perspective. Outdoor smoking bans though...

>lying

?

That is wrong.

Smoking or none?
Oh, I'll take a smoking seat to get some of that free association high. What ever happened to my right to choose to piggy back on other people's tobacco usage?
The employees get fucked by it, but are servers getting cancer really a societal issue? Like, oh sorry hunny, how about stand at a register instead. Someone younger and hotter wants my tip.
Modern life, dear friends

shits gonna be FUN
finally going to be the anti hero with a big v8 ive been hiding in my garage while blasting eurobeat and outrunning the electroboxesthe cops will have

>implying they won't just kill you with a drone

>The government should ban automobiles

They'll ban driving when autonomous vehicles become sufficiently widespread, and they will be right to do so. Driving is horrifyingly dangerous, many lives will be saves when drunks, texters and the sleep-impaired can no longer use their cars as weapons.

ruin someone elses fantasies goddamn

It was a thing. Image the bar, but literally smoked to permanent fog.
Then again, its whatever. Once the laws arrived, a lot of restaurants just made it a own section.

Alcohol causes cancer, better ban that from restaurants.
Might as well ban restaurants too, since charred meat is carcinogenic.
I hope wiping your ass doesn't cause cancer or this country will really go to shit.

..I think he meant car accidents, not greenhouse gases. Everyone knows the meat industry is the main cause of it anyways.

You somehow killed your cat this way? You're that stupid? Don't ever own pets again you fucking retard.

That shit pisses me off so much

I dont even care now that its summer, but winter smokes at -20C are fucking hell.

consent to smoky environment => consent too cancer => suicide
suicide is illegal user

Its not summer, but you get it

>nerd
you're supposed to at least 18 to post on here user

alcohol causes cancer, but it's perfectly fucking legal isn't it?
Guess it really just depends who pays their bills

Because something something, America, current year, liberal, patriarchy, corporations.

Eat a dick America.

Smokers smell like shit, cigarettes taste like shit, coughing is unpleasant, the smoke ruins the taste of food, whenever I go over to a smokers house my clothes and hair smell like shit; and the sweat off my forhead burns the hell out of my eyes from the chems...

it's expensive, addictive, bad for everyone's health, costs shitloads of tax dollars in healthcare and you literally have to force yourself into the habit.

Nobody takes their first puff off a cigarette and says HOLY SHIT THAT'S FUCKING DELICIOUS AND FEELS GREAT smokers are fucking disgusting drug addicts, why the fuck would any sane person encourage there bullshit!?!??

Why the fuck would you run a restaurant that welcomes people that would ruin the experience of about 80% of your customers?? are you fucking retarded?? it might be a good idea in a place like China.

This ban on smoking in public represents the majority of the people who are not junkies, that's why it's right, we are trying to correct a major wrong in the way that the tobacco companies were allowed to force this shit down the public's throat by advertising to children, and sending smokes in our soldiers rations.

>all the toasty smokies ITT
One step at a time we will gradually ban tobacco, and there's nothing you can do about it.

They would be giving consent going into a place that allows smoking.

Also the left says words are just as hurtful

Because US actually wasn't been land of the free nor home of the brave after 19th century, it's just hollow rhetoric to breed blind nationalistic pride.

Or...or now just hear me out on this one. You could just refuse to patronize restaurants that allow smoking. You don't need to eat in a haze of cancer and the owner doesn't get you money.

don't try and preach free market principles here, Veeky Forums is by definition a cu/ck/ board

desu I don't mind the smell of one or two smokers when I'm stood outside I'm one of those faggots that smokes a few ciggies when I'm drunk.

but being in one room with quadruple people smoking it's fucking annoying and stings your eyes and smells horrible and isn't exactly the healthiest of things whilst guzzling down alchohol.

Public health is a Public issue.

The same reason suicide is illegal.

should tobacco then not just be completely prohibited?

if the concern is public health then the surely the freedom of individuals and their pursuit of happiness is superseded by their obligation to remain a healthy functioning taxpayer

There's nothing wrong with tobacco. They should ban all the other shit there's on cigarettes instead. The smell of rolled tobacco smoke is nowhere near as bad as those fucking death sticks.

how the fuck is suicide illegal?

do the family members get hit with a fee or something?