Should i get a microwave ?

should i get a microwave ?

Probably.

>buying korean shit

Probably not.

Mine had an accident.
Didn't bother replacing it.

We eat better without it, primarily in the use of leftovers.

With the microwave you just nuked whatever you had leftover, but when you have to take the time to heat something up on the stove or in the oven, you tend to get a bit more creative with it.

Been microwave free for getting close to two years, don't miss it.

Wow. Microwave fedora-ing. I do believe I've seen it all now.

*tip*

I'm not telling anyone to not get one, just pointing out that they are not as important as people (including myself) would think.

If we didn't already have an old air-popper laying around the house we would have replaced it within a week just for the sake of popcorn.

Defrosting stuff is also one of those things that you miss, you have to plan ahead and pull meat out of the freezer the night before.

So yeah, I'm evangelizing against microwaves because of , I'm just saying that of you are the kind of person who comes to /ck you can probably live without one.

I'm NOT evangelizing against them...

FFS, I hate posting from my phone.

It's the only way to make the proper grilled cheese sandwich

This is absolutely wrong.
1 PAN
2 slices of bread
Shredded cheese
butter.

That's all you need.

shut up my microwave is broken. I'd kill for a grilled cheese sandwich right now

i use warm water and a bowl to defrost shit.

microwave just fucks the taste of anything.

The only use my microwave gets is softening butter and making TENDIES

beyond that i just use my stove or oven

Why the fuck not? They're useful for heating up soup and leftovers.

How come microwave ovens get such bad rep but other relatively modern cooking methods such as sous vide are okay?
Also, will there ever be a home appliance that works as a microwave but backwards, that is, something you can pop anything inside, nuke it for 30 seconds and have it chilled? inb4 liquid nitrogen or blasting a fire extinguisher, I'm talking about something actually feasible

You're talking about shitposting for attention. Fuck off.

suck my dick nigger

Nah, I already had a tic-tac. Go over to the Guy Fieri thread.

Microwaves are just mold colony chambers.

Mine is fucking filled with mold and I never use it, disgusting.

There's this thing called cleaning.

There's a thing called cowardice.

That's because you don't maintain your possessions. Do you ever change the oil in your car? You should be oiling your microwave, you rely on it to get where you want to go faster than the oven can take you

I don't clean my cast iron skillet and it doesn't develop mold.

The fuck is your problem?

Your cast iron also doesn't get closed with moisture in it because you're too dumb to let it air out. Or wipe it when something spills. Or boil water in it to loosen your stuck on shit if you let it get that bad.
I've never had a moldy microwave and I use it all day to make tea

Fuck that, I'm not a slave to my microwave.

I'm going to let the mold take it over, it deserves it for being such a shitty cooking appliance.

If you think you need one, get one, I guess. I've always had a microwave except for a one or maybe two week period when my SO and I were moving to our current apartment and didn't bother grabbing our microwave until the absolute last day we had to make sure the old apartment was cleaned out. In that time, we didn't miss it at all. Any leftovers, we heated on the stove or microwave and it was just fine. It definitely doesn't seem like a necessity to me, but most people have them and they're not that pricey so whatever.

so you basically cook the food while defrosting

The microwave is convenient enough that I keep mine around. It's great when you need to quickly reheat leftovers or quickly heat some water or melt some butter or something. Or if you happen to desire a shitty frozen pot pie or pizza rolls and feel that junk food isn't worth preheating your oven and waiting 30+ minutes.

But when I think about it, I could very easily get rid of the microwave and never really miss it.

Too many to list.

How bout using an actual grill for grilled cheese?

and a grill press

perfect for drying cats after the rain or a hot spoon when the ice cream is too hard to scoop out...

maybe you can use it as timer for a bomb like Steven Seagal use it as navy cook in "under siege"...

lmfao

How bout using an actual microwave for a grilled cheese sandwich?

Yes. Then you can make a delicious home-made Cheez-It.