Shitty Eaters BTFO

This is literally every picky eater.

Except most people will take it one step further. If you act like an asshole and gag every time you don't eat comfort food, the Pavlovian Response and your ruined digestive tract will eventually make you physically sick whenever you have to eat something that isn't pop-tarts or pizza rolls. If you do that to yourself, you deserve zero sympathy or accommodation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N4BC4JGXwlE?t=105
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Went with a group to a Cambodian restaurant once. One friend in particular was the pickiest fucking eater alive. Most everything on the menu is just noodles and chicken, pork, beef, or seafood in various combinations with various sauces. I doubt they had anything like prahok (which I'm not even sure is legal to sell where I live) or insects or anything. We gave him advice on what to order, basic stuff like kuy tiev or mee katang, and steered him away from anything he would find weird like kroeung or samlaw. He eventually told us to fuck off, asked for chicken nuggets (which was on the children's menu) and loudly declared that he hates "Oriental food."

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU AGREE TO GO TO A CAMBODIAN RESTAURANT, ASSHOLE.

As far as I'm concerned, picky eaters should bend over backwards to accommodate their friends' social lives, if they want to be involved, and not the other way around.

picky eater genocide when?

There have been plenty of foods that I didn't like in the past, but instead of being a bitch about it, I just kept eating the shit until I liked it. Now I regularly enjoy:
>artichokes
>blue cheese
>coconut
>most salad dressings
>IPA-style beers
>all forms of tea
>black coffee

Newsflash, hotheads. The true measure of an adult is not tolerance and trying new things, but not caving into peer pressure when some bougie hipster foodie fuck I only associate with through obligation tells me I can't order tendies in one of their shitty restaurants.

There's no reason not to start right away. All you'd have to do is poison all the world's tendies for a period of a year.

t. picky eater

I don't understand the last panel

>tfw allergic to carbon

>meme, the post
I'll have to show my stepmom's physical trainer.

Thats a depressing rant, since its coming from, what i assume, is a grown man.

Did mommy and daddy cater to your every whim? Because the five year old version of myself would be jealous of your life, while the adult me is thankful my parents steered me towards a rewarding palette.

I imagine that there are a lot of things you don't understand

Tortellini is a type of dictionary.

I understand the three other panels, just tell me what it do

He doesn't actually know what tortellini is, despite saying it's gross, so he's looking it up in the dictionary.

The cure for picky eaters:

>Work in a Chinese restaurant for a living
>When the boss asks what you want for lunch, say you'll have what he's having
>Eat fish and rice and vegetables every day for a year or two
>Develop a craving for potatoes.

Thanks m8

At least be funny like this guy
Rather than a little bitch like this guy

How are picky eaters created? Shitty parenting? Poverty?

I was an incredibly picky eater as a kid - I hated almost everything. My parents were good sports about it. I don't think they ever actually made me eat anything.

As I became an adult my taste-buds matured and now I can enjoy almost everything.

Is semen umami? Mine tastes like watermelon but apparently that's not the norm

parents trying to get their kids to eat shitty healthy food or just low quality food in general

He's probably right, though. The comic isn't very complicated. It sounds like you need a good meal in your belly to aid concentration.

Vaccination, probably.

They weren't breastfeed. Breastmilk contains different flavors depending on what the mom was eating, so children who are breastfed get very early exposure to all sorts of foods and are proven to be much less picky eaters when they start eating solids.

...no you're not

Would you like to try mine for comparison?

In my experience, poverty has a huge influence on a person being a shitty eater, but not in the way you think. Every shitty eater I know has had bad experiences with irresponsible parents feeding them something they desperately did not want to eat.

Everybody I know that's well-off and never had to worry about food grew out of their fears and replaced them with preferences. They never had to resent their food.

>"look at me i'm so mature because i force myself to eat gross stuff like rotten cheese"

all those mad edgelords. had chicken nuggets for breakfast today. feels good not to be retarded.

>feels good not to be retarded
How would you know?

kek

Like a lot of people born in the 80's, I was formula-fed.

I go out of my way to try new food. Maybe I'm compensating for the dearth of flavors I experienced in infancy (and childhood)?

I'm not one of those healthfood fags but I can't stand when adults are super picky as if they're 8. One of my friends is fat and he's like the pickiest person I know, and it's a pain in the ass because he won't eat anything other than certain fast food and certain diner style food.

but tortellini is actually really good, thats a bad example,m it should be something with cilantro instead

When I was very little my father almost never cooked. When he did, we were forced to eat everything we were served. The only time he ever cooked was when he caught trout and shit, and he was a horrible cook. The worst was the fried oysters served to me with ketchup when I was six. I was not allowed to leave the table until I had consumed all of the burnt on the outside snot pockets I had had forced on me. I sat with that plate in front of me all night and all the next morning.

The first time I ever attempted to fist fight my father I was 9. The first time I won I was 11.

That's kind of unfair though. I've heard some people have a predisposition against cilantro and can't enjoy it no matter how much they try.

>I'll just eat what my trailer trash parents exposed me to my entire life and nothing else!

Not him, but I like cilantro in small amounts when it's chopped up, but when there's a lot of it it tastes gross to me

youtu.be/N4BC4JGXwlE?t=105

>Cambodian resturaunt with a kid's menu

Where the hell do you live?

The whole picky eaters thing... I don't get it, I think it is just peoples experiences..

for example the people who don't like fruit, see it as something that grows on a tree and maybe their first experience was a rotten piece of fruit and then they develop a distaste for all of it

There is literally nothing wrong with eating nothing but pop tarts for every meal.

Especially if you have different flavors for each one.

Parenting for sure.

I was raised to eat almost everything, no matter how much i dislike it. It's rude to put down something someone went out of their way to prepare for you. I'm always open to trying new things that look foreign and don't show any sign of reluctance.

My Dad's parenting must've changed in the last twenty years because my younger brothers have publicly dismissed food made by other people infront of them, and even cry if my Dad even suggests they should try it. It would be okay if they were like toddlers or something but they're like fucking 9 now. I want them to get out of that habit while they're still relatively young

so... you are at least 9 y older then your brothers?

I'm 21.

I know it's a stupid thing to get worked up over, but i feel bad seeing people have their food put down infront of them

Yup there is a genetic condition that a fair amount of the human population has. Basically your body either does or doesn't produce a particular enzyme found in your saliva. When you come in contact with cilantro or coriander, it tastes like soap from what I've been told.

>a grown man wrote this

Same here for olives and onions.

Well im not picky but i cant eat spicy food at all, im fine with everything else and even wasabi

This. You try it until you get used to it, and wa la, you've got a new thing to enjoy.

Olives are like the only 'popular' food I still simply cannot eat. That and egg whites. Both are things I hated as a kid and when I gave them multiple tries later I still could not like them.

Kek

I kinda want this to spread just to see how many retards/hipsters would later claim to be carbon intolerant.

Used to be very picky as a kid. I hated meat, fish and had lots of arbitrary things I'd never touch. Mom always said she had to cheat my food like making a puree out of chicken and mixing it into my soup.

Now, I am the least picky person I know. Everything that passes as food I eat. Very glad I grew out of it.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a picky eater.

>tfw suffered from chronic nausea for 3 years
>even my absolute favourite foods made me puke 50% of the time
>developed extremely picky tastes as a result

Constantly try new things but yeah, heard to break a 3-year trend. I used to love food so much and constantly experimented with new recipes, now I'll be glad if I can have a normal dinner more than twice a week.

My diet is great and I've never been as healthy as I am now, but I want more variation, just doesn't seem to happen.

>remove all bland babby-foods
>picky eaters straight up die from starvation

I thought the little bitch was funny too

Has anyone else not eaten foods that are normal to have eaten?

Like, I've never eaten chicken in my life, or had a steak. Nothing prevented me from eating those things, I just never ate them because I was able to eat something familiar.

Is that a bad thing? I mean, it's not like I'm missing much, right?

fried chicken and a well crusted steak are some of the greatest pleasures available to the modern man

you're missing out on a lot friend

as a baby?
You should try weed if not, weed kills nausea.

Cambodia

That makes sense to do that for tourist kids, yeah.

But wait, why the fuck did he agree to go one a whole trip to Cambodia if he hated Cambodian food?

>Fried Chicken

Wrong. Chicken is a trash bird.

Holy fuck, these people annoy me so much. I have some stuff I'm not too fond of (cilantro, bell peppers, most ripe fruit), but I'll just gulp them down without complaning.

My sister, on the other hand, is not only extremely picky, but she can't even keep it consistent

>Make delicious pork roast
>Sister says she hates pork
>Has yesterday's leftovers for dinner
>Make another, smaller pork roast a fortnight later
>user stop being such an asshole, why did you cook for yourelf only. I've been craving pork for months

>Comes back from a friend's wedding dinner
>OMG I love shrimp, shrimp is love, shrimp is life
>Make shrimp gumbo one month later
>Why would anyone eat those disgusting little shit-eating sea bugs?

>Bake one dozen samosas
>She literally eats half of them in a sitting and steals away 4 to take to her lunch next day
>Bake another, bigger batch three days later, reserve some of them to her
>They become mold balls because samosas are disgusting vegetarian shit that no person in their right mind would eat

I could understand if she were a child or teenager, but the bitch just completed 24 yo. God, how I hope she gets a better job and moves the fuck away.

If this post is supposed to highlight your maturity, you done fucked up

lol i had exactly the same thing for olives and onions

You're a trash person, so go eat some chicken

Sounds more like she just doesn't want to admit to finding your food good. Is she shit at cooking? She might see it as an attack on a deficiency she's self concious about, try teaching her sometime.

I'm a decent enough cook, and a little better than her on most things, but she does this shit with everyone and everything; her tastes just seem to completely shift every 2 or three months, even with simple stuff like fruit and veg. This year alone she's gone through a love-hate-love cycle with eggplant, lamb, apricot and tapioca flour (that I know of).

I gave up last year, and just keep my stuff separate and locked away from hers, makes my life a lot easier that way.

HOW NOT TO BE A PICKY EATER: A GUIDE BY A PICKY EATER

>eat stuff that you want RIGHT NOW
>never ask what it's called or what's inside of it

For example, I don't really like fish, but sometimes I have a craving for it, so I eat it.

My diet is literally dictated by the whims of my body. Never failed me. For example, various "unhealthy" food (greasy etc.) usually leaves a shitty aftertaste in my mouth, so I usually don't eat it, but I still like to eat it from time to time.

There is no shitty food, only shitty cooks. Just eat whatever the fuck looks and smells good to you at the moment. If it tastes bad and leaves a shitty aftertaste, don't eat it again.

Newsflash: TASTES CHANGE WITH TIME DEPENDING ON THE PERSON!
More news at eleven!

Every couple of months, almost clockworklike, on a fully grown adult?

I understand a kid going trough that, since it has a developing body/taste. Or someone slowly growing into/out of something because of exposure (I, myself, hated cilantro, and accostumed myself to tolerating it, over time). But she literally acts as if a switch was flipped in her brain.

Nah, she's just an annoying piece of crap.

yeah, within time as in in the course of a year or something, but not only a month

>be a picky eater growing up
>would only eat various foods like fast food, pizza, peanut butter sandwiches, tendies, etc.
>mother and father never forced me to eat things I didn't like such as veggies, seafood, eggs, anything weird etc.
>grow up and one discover veggies don't taste bad and in fact a lot of them taste good after forcing myself to try them
>find out seafood is delicious and eggs are good
>now I eat almost anything served to me and will try anything once
I beat it. It was somewhere around the time I turned 20 almost all well made food started tasting good to me.

She sounds more like a whiny bitch than a picky eater.

I have a brother who is mildly autistic. When he was younger his toast had to be white, if it was cooked too long and had a spot of brown on it he'd throw up.
He'd only eat rice on its own, plain pasta with butter, chicken nuggets from mcdonalds and fries.
My mother was making a real nice stew one day, he walked into the kitchen, got a whiff of it and threw up.
When he eats chicken he will only eat the breast, and when he does he pulls it apart and flakes it up with his hands and make sure theres no red vein bits in it. If he finds one, he'll throw the entire dish away.

He's gotten a tiny bit better as he's grown up. Only now he thinks its normal to eat a whole roasted chicken everyday, because thats the only meat he really likes. Now his diet consists mainly of roasted chicken, bread dipped in hummus, iceburg lettuce, ham and straw berries.
I live with him and can't cook if he's home because I can't just make myself something really nice that I want because he won't eat it and I think it's fucking rude to cook yourself a meal and eat infront of someone who's hungry, and I can't bear to eat roasted chicken every fucking day. So I usually just frozen oven food now when he's here and leave him to cook something, but he's lazy and would rather have someone cook for him so normally ends up ordering takeout.
The annoying part is he thinks he's kinda normal now and he can be a spoilt little cunt sometimes. One day I was making a roast dinner at my mums house for her and my brother and he got super excited cause he thought it was roast chicken. When he found out it was actually pork he threw a huge tantrum and acted angry like we were in the wrong for not making it chicken specifically for him. He got embarrassed like 5 minutes later though when he realised what an ungrateful little cunt he'd just been.

Nobody knows this struggle.

I bet my friends think I'm a picky eater because I don't slather everything in ketchup or siracha

Lel no. Lots of other birds are delicious but a high quality chicken prepared well is delicious.

Considering all the garbage they eat, it's already happening.

It's the poison they willingly consume without question.

House Picky: We Do Not Eat Fish

>I think it's fucking rude to cook yourself a meal and eat infront of someone who's hungry

There's nothing wrong with doing that. It's not like you're cooking/eating in front of a starving, homeless person just to prove that you're wealthier than them. I'll wager that your brother acts the way he does because you let him get away with it all the time. Just make something easy for him while you do your own cooking.

It depends.
I love the taste of both ground sausage and bacon, but a few greasy, undercooked experiences has made me grow ill at their taste and texture.
When kids are young, and they don't know what to feel when experiencing new tastes/textures, they probably decide when they do whether or not to enjoy it.

My girlfriend will eat marinara, but she hates tomato. This is because her Dad loved eating tomatoes and gave her one to eat as a kid. She didn't know what to feel and now vomits at the taste of texture of plain tomato.

So you're probably right.

She's probably pregnant. Crossing my fingers it's not mine.

Say that to your relatives.

Oh, wait... You might not have those.

What I don't get about picky eaters is why they think something is inedible to them because of a look or taste or smell. If it's really food served to you, chances are it's something based on a food some culture somewhere has probably eaten for thousands of years with no ill effects. Sometimes they even live longer than others based on certain diets. How is it not obviously a case of mind over matter?

I'll never understand the type of parenting that coddles picky little fucks. The whole not forcing your kid to try new and different things is fucking retarded. Do they think the child knows better? Or are they that afraid of confrontation? Either way they're definitely white.

I was at this italian place and the guy at the next table ordered fried calamari and ate all the rings but left all the legs. I was real tempted to try and get those superior legs but i felt like it would have been too weird. The waitress just took them an threw them all away. I was mad

Literally?

If they're getting physically ill they shouldn't be eating the food you retard

So go out and eat a cricket. Fry that shit up mr. open mind.

Yeah how dare parents not force feed their children. What animals.

This isn't your blog faggot

I hope to Allah you are not a parent. There's a huge difference between force feeding and not letting your kids live off a diet of chicken nuggets and French fries.

Nah I don't fuck with lettuce

ive read this post three times and i still dont get what youre trying to say m8

Go to bed Foley

Drew?

I was a picky eater when I was a kid, and then I my teens I was just like, well this is stupid how about I start making myself eat shit? And I slowly introduced new things into my diet and now I pretty much love everything. When I was a kid I didn't even like cheese. I really feel like picky eating post-high school is completely fucking unnacceptable for a grown adult, like they skipped over a period of growth and discovery in favor of clinging to babby comfort food. Just fucking try it

Forced to try new and different things =\= Force feeding you gigantic faggot.

Kids are little retarded sociopaths until they're about 5-6 years old, and even then it's not like a switch flips and they magically have knowledge about themselves and the world around them. They need to learn early on that just because you haven't experienced it, doesn't mean you won't enjoy it. An open mind and a willingness to try new and different things only makes life easier and more fun.