Mfw a guest comes over and tells me they are vegan

>mfw a guest comes over and tells me they are vegan

im not cooking anything extra for your special snowflake ass

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63NNuG-6-hQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Correct, they came in to your restaurant to eat off your menu. Fuck people that think they're special and can order whatever they want. Of they don't like it they can fuck off somewhere else

>associating with vegans

You have only yourself to blame.

Or, you know, you autists could practice some basic etiquette.

If you're invited to dinner and you have dietary restrictions, you politely, even apologetically, inform your host. If you're inviting someone to dinner it's polite to either inform them what you'll be serving or to do your fucking homework and find out if they have dietary restrictions.

This is why all you fuckers are sitting here shitposting on Veeky Forums instead of entertaining friends and associates.

Why would we entertain friends or associates when there's a chance one of them could be vegan. Just not worth the risk in my opinion

Sucking cock is not a dietary restriction, just because everyone looks at you funny when you bring your kneepads to the dinner table doesn't mean you get to be offended over it.

You invited them, fuck off and make 'em something to eat. You're not a special snowflake either because you invited someone in your house and then got snobby about the food you make.

Make a goddamn salad. A sandwich. Some soup. Fucking pretentious douchebag. Let's not pretend you're cooking a seven-course meal and this "vegan" ruined your plans. You invited 'em, make 'em something to fucking eat.

Be honest OP, you never have guests over. Ever.

You seem like an ungracious and mean host. You dare to use the word "guest" but treat said person ungentlemanly

>ever lacking dishes that don't contain animal products
I just produce vegan food naturally without thinking about it, because my scope isn't limited.

>ungentlemanly

Simple, direct them out the back door to the compost heap and tell them to have their fill.

Vegans should be ostracized from society if not rounded up and cast out into the wilderness to survive.

This. It's basic hospitality. If you aren't into hospitality, don't invite people over. You don't get to pretend to be civilized up until your guests arrive and then treat them like shit. Either practice civilization or spend your life alone.

> invite people over for lunch
> they ask me where's the meat
Im not cooking anything extra for your carnist ass

I'm no vegan, and never would be a vegan, but I just saw where simple foods like doritos, fritos, pop tarts and Sara Lee pies are vegan made.

The pop tarts and pies ae made with vegetable shortening instead of eggs and butter

Do you enjoy pretending to be vegan on anonymous internet boards?

>mfw someone """"comes over""""
>mfw someone knocks on my door

>tfw gluen free vegan because severe health conditions

my life is suffering, and i think im gonna eat a bullet soon

>specifically invite somebody over to cook them a meal
>act like an asshole and refuse to cook them anything

Don't volunteer to cook a vegan a meal if you don't want to cook

Why waste a bullet? Seems you could just eat a hotdog.

If they tell me in advance, I'll make a salad or roast some vegetables, that's it. I'm not going to extra lengths cooking an entire different dish for one person when I already have enough to be doing.

If they tell me when they arrive or too close to the time? They can go hungry or make themselves something. I'm not bending over backwards to facilitate not a religion, not an allergy, but a self-imposed dietary restriction.

Fuck... I dated a girl who was a vegetarian, had coeliac, and was allergic to dairy and soy. Trying to cook for her was the biggest fucking pain in the ass ever, and I pretty much couldn't take her anywhere to eat.

At least she couldn't help it (aside from being a vegetarian). You think I'm gonna put up with that shit just because you don't want to eat animal products? Fuck outta here!

I only have one vegan friend and she went from morbidly obese to holocaust survivor in the span of a year, so I give her a solid pass for it all.

>Host B-day party for a friend
>mutual friends, but a good number of friends of friends come
>chill guy I've met a few times comes over, but brings his preachy, SJW girlfriend
>naturally she's a moral vegan
>eats nothing but the salad and bread I made
>drenching her salad in the caesar dressing I made
>"OMG user, that dressing was so GOOD! You HAVE to give me the recipe! Whats makes it so good?"
>"Probably the anchovies in it"
>morallydisgusted.jpg

I even labeled the jar with "contains anchovies/parm".

I have a small garden and just let them graze in the pasture as they please

if I'm inviting people over to my house for food I generally know them well enough to know they are or aren't vegetarian, and if someone is bringing a +1 I'll ask if they're vegetarian or whatever.

However I literally have no vegan friends because I don't associate with faggots.

...even though I dated a vegan for years...

haha

You dated a faggot!

>Fuck outta here!
normie detected

Thanks. I've never actually had a girlfriend, but I'm practicing to pass myself off as a real human.

she was only kind of a faggot, but a faggot indeed

So did you suck her dick?

How feminine was it?

>Probably the anchovies in it

Dinner parties suck.

Or just tell them to snack on one of the house plants.

hummus and falafel are both near instant to make. Easy vegan food in like 5 minutes-10 minutes.

Dietary restriction i.e. allergy to peanuts is completely acceptable and I understand that.

Choosing to be vegan isn't a restriction that forces you to change your diet, it's a choice.

Why should anyone who is hosting a dinner party where the expenses come out of the hosts pocket go towards accommodating someone who is different from the rest of the guests? A salad is a perfectly fine addition, however bending over backwards isn't something the host should be doing.

>If you're inviting someone to dinner it's polite to either inform them what you'll be serving or to do your fucking homework and find out if they have dietary restrictions.
theres the fucking problem, the fucking Vegan wasn't invited but brought along by someone I did invite each time i've ever catered to vegans

Vegans arent allowed within 25 feet of my kitchen. If you cook for vegans, you are literally a cuck, have some self respect.

>catering to mentally ill people

You're gluon free? I can imagine lacking a fundamental nuclear particle would cause some health issues, sure.

>2016
>not juicing
If anyone wanted me to host a dinner party they'd all be getting a cup full of refreshing ginger, kale and apple.

If I particularly despised this person then I'd make them the shittiest salad and the nicest meat based meal I could so everyone could rave over their meal with that savory goodness wafting through the air

I usually just offer them a yogurt

I wanna open a bakery just to not serve anything gluten-free

I'd serve gluten-free stuff but severely overcharge for it

lol more like you have no cooking prowess other than frying up a bit of meat. go die in a ditch loser.

>le mature gentleman meme
good choice, a classic meme

being a vegan/vegetarian is not a lifestyle choice worth respecting

nah, I'd market it as the only gluten-free-free bakery in the city.

Vegans eat yogurt?

tell em to fill up on salad and rolls (sorry they're full of gluten)

There is a middle ground in nearly every situation described in this post. "Die vegan scum" is not the decent, real world response. Nor is bending over backwards for folks because they choose to exclude themselves from cultural norms I.e. Eating animal products. Warn a restaurant ahead of time if you're vegetarian, either at the table or while making reservations. If the menu contains mostly meat dishes, don't eat there or order a salad and don't bitch. When hosting, if it's a close friend or family member with dietary restrictions, you bet your ass that I'll make something bomb for them to eat. If it's a dinner party involving acquaintances, have a vegetarian dish ready. I respect people's choices. I want people to feel comfortable when I cook for them. That's what service is. As a vegetarian, I don't expect people to cater to me. If they choose to, good lookin out. "Omgfuuuuuu" is not a very adult perspective from either side. Omnivore or vegetarian.

>invite you to dinner
>you show up
>OH BTW I DONT EAT MEAT

yeah fuck you. could have said some shit earlier enjoy your glass of water and toast.

faggot.

Everyone in this thread knows this, everyone pretends they don't in order to fling shit at each other.

Found the faggot

So to the people that support the idea of serving vegetarian for guests, do you also support that vegetarians should serve meat for non-vegetarian guests?

>mfw guest comes over and says he only takes in Soylent for nourishment

3 EMTs can't revive him after I've kicked the living fucking shit out of the asshole

>im not cooking anything extra for your special snowflake ass
So just cook vegan for everyone, OP.

>Make crap nobody except one person wants

Thats letting the terrorists win

Not making meat is human cruelty.
That's why I can't eat with my vegan friends, it's morally bankrupt

Are you really going to invite people over to cook for them without knowing their dietary restrictions? You either have no friends or no veggie friends.

youtube.com/watch?v=63NNuG-6-hQ
only right answer.

Responding to
I would gladly serve people meat. I just made my mom grilled shrimp and veggies for Mother's Day. I, personally, don't have beef with meat eaters. I think there are ethical/moral issues with factory farming, no doubt. Won't stop me from catering to people's tastes. I'm sure plenty of vegetarians would disagree with me on that though.

>ethical issues with factory farming
100% true. Generally I've changed my diet to eat meat like two or three meals a week, the rest either vegetarian or seafood, and buy good-quality humanely raised meat when I do have it. Solves the ethical issues for me, and you end up with way tastier meat when you do have it.

Unless you are serving almost ONLY meat, shouldn't you be able to just give then their meal without the meat?

So why are you making a thread about a non issue? You can't cater to people that weren't invited. Period.
There is no discussion to be made.
In such a situation the only thing you can do is to work with the things you have, e.g. offering bread, fruit or whatever you have laying around.
You angry that someone uninvited came along and you made a thread about it to let of some steam. Congratulations.

This, I wouldn't cook vegan either if they at least didn't have the courtesy to tell me tell me their food preferences before they came over to my house. They can be the weirdo that eats celery and carrot sticks while everyone else enjoys normal party food and a nice dinner.

I've had a couple nice vegan/food allergy guests before that told me their food issues and we worked around it just fine. They were even nice enough to bring over vegan cupcakes for everyone. I've found that cupcakes and cookies are some of the only vegan foods that taste okay without animal products. I still drink milk with them though like the filthy sinner I am though.

>do your fucking homework and find out if they have dietary restrictions
>"I'm making (dinner menu that involves animal products)."
>vegan waits until the party is in progress to announce their issue with the food

Yeah no, once someone says what they're making it's up to the guest with the issue to speak up with the host beforehand so they can plan for it. The host is not psychic.

most fish isn't farmed ethically either user
I'd honestly say avoid fish until things change.

>vegetarian comes to my pizza place asking me to cut with a different pizza cutter

Fuck. You.

Cook for yourself if you're so picky. I'm fuckin busy.

My friends gf is vegetarian. She was invited to our bbq and she brought herself some food. It was a guys bbq full of meat. She understood the deal.

Take notes assholes.

HAH

Op getting BTFO

>knowing and/or being friends with vegans.

Why would anyone congregate with anyone who takes themselves this seriously?

I'm a vegetarian, but also a short order cook (I thought the vegetarianism was a good idea when I was 16)

I mean, I'll check there's no actual bits of ham on a knife when I'm cutting someone's sandwich but like. Unless it's a religious thing fuckin get over yrself.