How do I make a proper crawfish boil? How many pounds of crawfish would I need for 10 people...

How do I make a proper crawfish boil? How many pounds of crawfish would I need for 10 people? What other things should I add to it?

>How do I make a proper crawfish boil?
add everything to a large stock pot
cover with an inch of water
bring to a boil
stir in seasoning (1 pound of seasoning for every 10 pounds of crawfish)

I'm not 100% on this, but I've heard that electric stoves have a hard time boiling that much water. You can buy a propane burner and tank for less than $100.

>How many pounds of crawfish would I need for 10 people
2 pounds for kids
3 pounds for women
5 pounds for men

>What other things should I add to it?
smoked sausage
corn
potatoes

3lbs per person
Crab boil, it'll come in either liquid or powder shit.
Red potatoes, corn, beer. Light beer.

Louisiana here. Had a crawfish boil today actually. You can cook them too long too btw. Makes them harder to peel and eat. Use the leftovers to make etufay

You're in luck. I adapted a scalable recipe template for my pal tonight. Here's the recipe and method for 10 people

Just a few more details, this is assuming 5 lbs per person, and that you have a propane burner.

Pretty much this, although I'd go 4 pounds for women. Proper Cajuns will pit that shit down.
Also, add minced garlic and squeezed lemon juice plus peels to the water. For seasoning I go with Craw Boil, both the powder and liquid stuff. I add the liquid to the boiling water and sprinkle the powdered seasoning over top when you throw it into the cooler.

3 lbs/ person? Really? That seems like a lot. Two quarter-pound burgers with some beans and an ear of corn fills me up.

>3 lbs/ person? Really?
Most of it is waste like peeling peanuts or something.

Keep in mind that the actual amount of meat you get out of the crawfish per pound will be a lot less than the actual pound of crawfish as a whole
Men and women in my family will put down 5 pounds or more each. 3 pounds of when considering crawfish plebs/newbies.

It's 5 pounds, including the shell. Very little meat.
That's why the "fixins" are just as important.

Smoked sausage, corn, potatoes, and whole button mushrooms (I thought it was crazy, too, until I tried it. The mushrooms soak up all the flavor and it's fantastic).

You'll want plenty of beer that's easy to drink a lot of (think Budweiser), plus bottles of water and maybe some sodas if the kids are coming.

are shrimps better than crawfish

>Check out Modelo. It's like a Mexican Budweiser. It's dirt cheap, but just like Mexican coke, it's the same thing but a little better.

well I've had shrimp and not crawfish, so yes

>i like discussing that way with greentexting on, how was your day pal?

>lol can i join in, I LIKE TO SUCK ON USED TAMPONS

>hehe ye everyone invited :3

>Pretty good. Into the bourbon, so it's not bad. Replying to threads, so I missed a green arrow here and there.

They're a good source of iron.

What's the best seasoning?

Not trying to sound snotty, but do a lot Loosianers use premade mix? Everyone I know in the Carolinas has their own blend of spices. They might use something like old bay as a starter but it kinda becomes a little friendly competition, who has the best boils.

Do you need to buy live crawfish to have a true crawfish boil?

Nah, as long as they are relatively fresh. I've had a bunch die on the 20min back home. Similar to fish check they eyes. Most small fish markets will tell you when the catch came in, and if they ARE older you can haggle the price a touch if you can come off knowledgeable.

This, OP. Make sure you got the red potatos, too

So should I buy them online or no?

Ummm gonna need to know where they are coming from, where they are going, travel time etc. I never have bc I live near enough to fresh...but I've worked in kitchens that got them delivered on ice. Ordering online sounds a bit strange to me though.

one thing I've hear people do is flushing them. Never cooked them myself but might want to look into it.

Seattle.

Whelp, I just found out WA banned importing live crawfish from LA.

Fuck