youtube.com/watch?v=uggrc_rcpm0
youtube.com/watch?v=fILqqaYNOy4
youtube.com/watch?v=u7rQvJgTQ9U
youtube.com/watch?v=qFSA8-pxrqc
youtube.com/watch?v=IhSHUmJEATs
youtube.com/watch?v=VqMoCch2Nwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

59 days

Quitting is easy. It's staying quit that's hard.

You can't get comfortable and complacent and think
>hurr I've made it a month, I can have a drink tonight
We all goddamn know what that turns into. Within the week, you'll be calling in to work to hammer plastic bottle vodka

I bet your friends hate you now xD

My best friend is an alcoholic as well. It's getting harder and harder to hang out with him because I get frustrated that he's drunk and just "out of it" all the time. But, I guess that's how everyone else has felt about me for the last ten years

youtube.com/watch?v=xIagG3tD740&feature=youtu.be&t=1h30m10s

heres a pic of me last night after a whole bottle of vodka

i woke up on the couch this morning without really knowing how i ended up there, had a v peaceful sleep tho

right now im 5 beers in because i just cant deal with the hangover anxiety

Hey, I'd become an alcoholic too if I had to live with a Windows Phone

>Why can't we stop?

because you haven't killed somebody with your car yet or you haven't killed yourself by destroying your liver

next!

who decorated your house, your mom?

its a laptop pic

yes, my lovely mummy did ^_^

good day to everyone, i wish you a merry drunkenness :) have one on me

Because it's an addictive substance that we're genetically predisposed to enjoy.

We've got into a cycle of drinking, depression, hangover and more drink

Also this

Speak for yourself, 10+ years of daily drinking, now I have one night a month to have two drinks. Feels Dan Conner, man.

because shitposting is life

I've been logging my habits into an excel sheet for about a month now. 2/3 of the days say 20+ drinks.

Should probably tone it down. A lot.

>genetically disposed
>not just a weak willed degenerate

Do you anons ever hear of a moderation or harm reduction program? I recommend looking into it at least, if you are worried about yourself. You can just google harm reduction alcohol or something.

it can be helpful, especially if you are a person that feels like 12-step programs are too rigid or religious or don't want to stop drinking or label yourself as a sick person etc etc.

fucking lightweight

first night of not drinking 5 beers a night in 8 months what am I in for?

>we
And you can.

No or shitty sleep, maybe sweats.

>Why can't we stop?

It's the one part of my life I look forward to and enjoy. Why would I want to stop? Seriously.

Boredom as if you were on an alien world. Severe boredom. Emptiness.

stay strong user ;_;

Booze sometimes greatly improves things. It is like spinach for Popeye! It makes work easy and problems seem solvable so you stick with it,

Then it makes not doing simple things (like properly cleaning your ass and teeth and going to work) seem too hard. So you stick with it.

Then you run out of money and get super sick... like having the flu, but a flu you know how to cure. At that point, the only thing that feels good is sleep or drinking until you pass out. So, you stick with it.

Eventually you quit. By then you are so depleted of dopamine that you feel nothing. This is when you get anxious and start having suicidal thoughts because sleep seems to be the only release now that booze does not work.

Stick with it. Don't test if you can drink responsibly. You can't. Responsible drinking is a waste of drinking!

If these thoughts sound familiar, you can not drink or die. Either way, stick with it.

I know this is bait but I'm gonna take it because you managed to piss in my pot. That's just a picture of a fag, nothing about him looks like an alcoholic, seriously these threads always have one or two little attention whores who think they're alcoholic because they drink 4 beers every day, trust me - when you've become an alcoholic you'll know, you'll start seeing demons in your eyelids when you can't sleep and think about suicide when you're sober.

...damn...

Yes stick with it!

Fellow friend in the understanding. What have you learned as an alternative? Long term abstaining does not work. Shit is too easy to come by. The condition is fatal. So far as I can tell, the best long term strategy is benders broken up by periods when you want to die.

What about slowly tapering yourself off. I cant sleep without 4 shots of rum and melatonin

>after a whole bottle of vodka

dude, I'm surprised you're still breathing

a whole bottle?!?!?
you're a frigging animal!

so about two years ago, i had to drop out of uni bc of drinking

got sober, worked a bit, came back

Im almost graduating but Ive been on a tfive week binge with no end in sight.
This could actually keep me from graduating

why do we do this to ourselves

The taper builds back up as soon as you feel you have earned a reward.

As far as a whole bottle of vodka being a lot... It's not. I can drink and fully process just under 2 liters of vodka in 24 hours, get up and work.

The reason we drink is to give us the excuse of control. Drinking gives us some small amount of control over how we feel. Being drunk gives us the excuse to stay home and be safe because we are too drunk to do anything else... so we stay home and drink to be responsible.

Sound familiar?

I was lucky to go to a big 10 school and get a degree. But at the same time I really feel I only picked up being an alcohol in college and that was 8 years ago. Drink liquor every day.
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. It's just a fucked thing altogether and I hope you can make it.

if you are intelligent and have willpower, i'd suggest cannabis. i say intelligent because you will then find things interesting and reflective enough to use your high for insight, and i say will power because you will want to smoke only once or twice a week.

i wasn't as bad an alcoholic as im sure many of you are, but changing to cannabis and using your "non-sober" mindset for insight will improve your sober time as well. this is something i have never really found with booze; instead of giving me something i could take back into my sober life and make the world seem more interesting and cooperative, booze would just make things funny and easy to deal with for a time (leaving me to want more, right now, once i was sober again).

A-D-D-I-C-T-I-O-N

Weed is just an existential nightmare for me and one of the worst experiences I've ever had in my entire life. I can only take like a hit of it even after smoking more times and a lot than I can remember. It just can't make that shit work for me. At the very worst I felt depersonalization and derealization to a degree, it was so bad. I think I probably kept drinking so hard to try to forget that.

There's no such thing as addiction, only things you like doing more than living. If you're an alcoholic it's because your life is fucked up and you don't like it, so you drink to escape it. Would do society a favour if you just manned up and just kill yourself to be honest.

its intriguing you say that because i was exactly the same way. for many, many years i'd have anxiety, feelings of doom and dread, and sadness after smoking. i chose alcohol then, and it was all fun and games til i went and injured myself from drinking way too much. quit the booze and now i only smoke a few tiny snaps of weed every 5 days to a week. though i sometimes get the anxiety back, i use it as a psychic trial and then get an enjoyable high once i've defeated it, and then i can feel more in control of my thoughts in my sobriety since i have ever increasing domination over the reins of my mind.

>then i can feel more in control of my thoughts in my sobriety since i have ever increasing domination over the reins of my mind.
I've heard my other friends say this about things like mushrooms and whatever else. But it's just after the effect that simply marijuana had on me I don't want to do anything other than drink or stop drinking. What's funny is literally everyone I know and talk to to this day, great friendships and everything, they've all done psychedelics and or hard drugs in the past and present in one case. I don't do anything but drink and smoke cigarettes. One of my biggest fears in life was getting mentally fucked up somehow, and yet I still ended up with a degree of depression and everything, and it's not lost on me that that is part of the drinking, but still. I just can't feel that comfortable as everyone else I know experimenting with things like that.

I can tho

I just don't want to

it's good to be cautious with psychedelics, and to only take them when you're ready, if ever. over time, you could gradually work up your confidence by reading/listening to psychedelically influenced philosophy (terence mckenna is a good start). mushrooms aren't that much like cannabis, but a bad trip is possible with the wrong set and setting.

bad trips pass though, humans have been taking psychedelics for ages, and people don't lose their minds unless you take acid daily or something ridiculous like that.

or you could just meditate and fast for hours upon hours if not days and confront your thoughts explicitly, rationally, emotively, and with superhuman self-honesty, but very few people can do that right off the bat (and certainly not with a drug problem) save for sages, prophets, and seers.

Interesting supposition, you fucking sick stupid prick,

I am an alcoholic largely due to working very successfully with violent disabled kids for two decades. I have done far more to benefit the world than you have.

You should feel bad and shut your ignorant rotted mouth; you bitter, self serving, stupid small dicked, ugly moron.

sorry... just being honest.

I'll take that to heart, but I don't think I'll be trying anything else anytime soon to say the least. I know it would ultimately be better if I quit drinking, but the thought of quitting forever is just so ridiculous to me that I know I won't do it. At least forseeably. And the thing is you can't quit if you don't want to and I know that I don't want to. Anyway I'm just lucky I'm in a position where I'm not in any financial or personal trouble, so it is what it is for now. Glad you found out a nice thing that works for you man, thanks for sharing.

>responding to bait

Spitting back bate with sauce on it.

>you'll start seeing demons in your eyelids when you can't sleep and think about suicide when you're sober.
pretty much, these boxes i can tick

you're not some exclusive club you know

alcohol is very easy to get addicted to

it is somewhat easy to beat too friends. We just have to stay away from booze long enough so our brains start working in equilibrium again. It is doable, but it is hard when there are no highs and lows and sometimes you miss both.

it takes about... however long it takes. I go about a week then go on a bender. I am not free of it yet, but I am hopeful.

fuck I kek'd hard

who /drunkasfuckhere/

post feelsome tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=Hwc8jrD1XyI

>had a v peaceful sleep tho
this is my biggest problem with drinking hard. I am one of the "period alcoholics" who drinks hard for a few weeks or months and then I drink in moderation for a good while. my problem with drinking big is I can't get a fucking good nights sleep at all, I just keep waking up so dehydrated I have to drink a litre of water, then I wake up a couple of hours after that having to piss, repeat.

Not the user you responded to but I can definitely relate, at my worst I was killing a bottle of vodka and a twelve pack a day.

I've slowed down a bit now, maybe 6-8 beers most nights, which is really quite good for me but it's still way too much for me to be comfortable with any more. Honestly if you smoke or used to smoke it, weed does help taper you down a bit, because sobriety dies seem crushing sometimes but weed helps to relieve some of that in a healthier way than drinking, at least for me it did.

agreed, weed does help. I am the one you are responding to.

I think the long term goal is inner peace on the day to day basis, but with the ability to vent when needed, no? I am working on it. Weed is too inconsistent, and I don't know about you, but when I lay off it a while, it just makes me paranoid. Indica is worse, sativa is better.

I am trying to work out a balance where I can vent when I need to, and go on a bender when I need to. The main mitigating factor seems to be money, and making sure I do not need to drive while drunk.

Quitting my job today, well probably today if I look drunk enough, I think im sober so I can probably fool my manager and go home early. (probably a bad idea seeing as i drank 1/2 a litre of vodka and a load of cider too)
Have to go to work in 3 hours.

this is kinda shit in my opinion desu sorry, i hate these hipstery bands so much

thish shit is dank though
youtube.com/watch?v=48nakpWpYTI
youtube.com/watch?v=UX8qhZlsMKo
youtube.com/watch?v=uggrc_rcpm0

here's a better song w the same name:

youtube.com/watch?v=fILqqaYNOy4

youtube.com/watch?v=u7rQvJgTQ9U

20 y/o from scotland

travelling throughout usa for a month, this is the longest ive been sober literally since i was 14. i have a jawline you guys!!

still - i feel scared to go home. I hate my job and I come in every night and half the time sit hammering through a bottle of vodka. i'm about 2 weeks into my travels and I've only just got usedish to sleeping sober. been eating like absolute shit (bc america) and ive still lost like 10 lbs.

this is a nice song, thanks man, I dont listen to much of that western style stuff but I love this song youtube.com/watch?v=qFSA8-pxrqc

If any of you are thinking of quitting alcohol or at least cutting down on your alcohol addiction try to move back in to living with your parents.
This seriously helped me, my mother being close to me and literally not letting me drink more than a couple cans of cider a day really helped me cut down on my drinking.

Hello brother. Think you'd be better off staying? Won't get easier.

Try to move back in with your parents when you come back, I'm sure they will be supportive of you

you got shit taste my friend
youtube.com/watch?v=IhSHUmJEATs

Already live with em - how'd you think I could afford to travel for a month lolololol

Oh lookie there, just cut myself on your edge m8

I've finally reached the point where I've accepted my alcoholism, I used to fight it but now I realize that life just isn't enjoyable enough to stay sober

downloading his discography from based rutracker desu

I don't want to stop. I like feeling drunk.

best albums (in order of chronology, not quality): Closing Time, Small Change, Rain Dogs, Bone Machine, Mule Variations, Bad As Me
the rest of his discography is great as well but these are the essentials

2 months for me. Used to be an al/ck/ regular. Was drinking a fifth a day. Gained too much weight, felt like shit all the time, so I decided to quit on my own. No interventions, no AA.

I don't even crave the stuff. I mean... I do, but I'll stop at the thought of it and won't even bother getting into the car and heading to the liquor store.

I'm going to be honest, Donald trump inspired me to quit.

>go on a bender when I need to
this is why some religions say it's okay to get drunk once in a while. as long as you don't overdo it, it won't physically harm you or cause long-term problems. it can help you feel good for a while.

just don't use alcohol as a coping mechanism for minor issues, i've noticed a lot of people will use anything as an excuse to drink. they get mad they drink, long day at work they drink, feeling lonely they drink, etc. you should only drink when you're happy. also don't get drunk and just watch movies or do other boring things, try to do something fun.

Thanks, gonna take like 1 hour to download on my shit internet though (holy shit Rain Dogs is 52'nd on RateYourMusic alltime albums)
Give Coil a try if you havent heard of them though this song is dank youtube.com/watch?v=VqMoCch2Nwk as is the whole album The Apes of Naples.

I had 4 days. Was feeling so great I hit the gym on two consecutive days. Then my wife got into an argument about some bullshit and I didn't feel like sitting near her at home so I went to the pub down the street even tho I knew I didn't wanna have a drink.

6 beers later I'm laughing with the bartender who was also drinking and then he bought me a shot. Went to sleep on the couch, woke up to the wife pissed off and my head pounding this morning. Had a shitty day at work. Came home and found the fish I had in the fridge for dinner had spoiled. Mad triggering but I just want to sleep.

I found herbal tea helps tho. It's good to drink instead of booze and it doesn't keep you awake like coffee.

There is no okay drinking. Alcoholics have been past that. You will never feel as on top and alive as you do when properly lit. Moderation is a waste when you could be wasted and without care. I call on you all to drink. DRINK!

Steal pennies. Put denatured alcohol up your ass. DRINK! It is nearly past counter time. Do not pay bar prices DRINK!

Just hit 6 months yesterday. Feels pretty good, my life has legitimately done a 180. Though the drinking was just the glue that held together the shitstorm that I was.

Not sure if I'll drink again.Part of me wants to, but I don't want to end up back where I was. Regardless, I'm not going to tonight, and that's enough for now.

Why? is it too late? ayou could likely find something to drink. Extracts and hand sanatizer work.

This whole "you're not an alcoholic because I'm worse than you" thing is a pretty shitty mentality to have. Worse to tell to someone else who recognizes they have a problem.

Robert Jon, is that you?

other people are the problem. just drink.

not bob jon, but i bet id buy him a round!

>hand sanatizer
that shit is gonna fuck you up, if you think being an alcoholic is bad for your health then you'd be amazed at how much damage drinking or sniffing hand sanitizer can do

it's because retards think alcoholic is some badge of honour, and anyone who hasn't reached their level doesn't deserve the same ranking

Thats why you put it on a napkin and put it up your ass..

thats hot

You're 100% right. Pretty sad honestly.

It is spicy at first, but it gets rid of the shakes and lets you sleep.

oh, are you sad? FUCK YOU! Sad is where you want to kill people that care for you you because they cant help you get more drunk.

I know you're being ironic but damn that's some fine b8 m8

keep it up friend. I get more hesitant every trip to the liquor store

goddamnit why cant i just be drunk forever without having to worry about money or family

I know your pain

Why would you seriously want to stop? Life is a useless affair and we're all going to go back from whence we came into nothing, so why try to prolong it? Drinking makes this bullshit existence livable, and if it shortens our lifespan then that's just another argument for doing it.

>I'm going to be honest, Donald trump inspired me to quit.

He is a hero, a sleeper cell for patriotism, America's greatest chance to defeat one world government or at least do damage to it

But getting drunk when happy is such a bore. It isn't pleasurable at all unless you're in a self-indulgent funk.

How can you repair with beer after a bottle of vodka? I am a alcoholic and I only use beer to chase vodka ..at best. Nah man, stick to vodka, one bottle a day.

5 beers? Try 1-2 bottles of vodka per day. 5 beers a night is healthy.

Last weekend i hit a new low. I drank a pint of vodka a six pack and a bottle of wine..
>tfw i wet the bed at least 3 times as a slept
Its funny i had an alcoholic uncle who did this and thought of him as the biggest degenerate/loser of all time.. now here i am more than half his age..

There's always hope