What are some meme foods worldwide that people try to trick foreigners into eating?

What are some meme foods worldwide that people try to trick foreigners into eating?

Other urls found in this thread:

thesneeze.com/2005/steve-dont-eat-it---silkworm-pupas.php
thesneeze.com/2004/steve-dont-eat-it-vol-6.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bolognese

What makes it a trick?

Heaven forbid you ever travel abroad and someone tricks you into eating a "meme food". How'd you be able to live with yourself after something like that?!

dunno, all the foods in my country taste alright.
I guess in sweden it'd be surstromming?

Where's >le soup is a flyover meme pizza guy when you need him?

pfäälzer saumagen

>aglgo shits are going to try this
>mfw

Surströmming

what is that thing?

sows stomach (literal translation)
It's a sows stomach (surprising, I know) stuffed with potatoes, meat, onions, etc.
If it's well made it can be really tasty.

Those food stands in China selling scorpions and sea horses on a stick

No self respecting Chinaman will actually eat that crap as a part of their everyday meal

Its only for the tourists

So, similar to haggis

I know it's hard for Veeky Forums to accept, but this shit is purely for the emmets.

>What are some meme foods worldwide that people try to trick foreigners into eating?

New York Style Pizza.

What the fuck is wrong without people? This looks satanic

'Troit style 'za

>What the fuck is wrong without people?
what a deep question

*with you people
fucking autocorrect

no I don't care what you were trying to say

what you actually said was much more profound

Is there a homunculus inside it?

That sounds delicious.
Bonus points for looking like a huuge pair of testicles, which also makes it arousing.

Rocky Mountain Oyster's are a Colorado legacy

Korean here, it would be silkworm larvae, fried grasshopper, or fermented skate fish.

Like only 10% of the native populace eat that stuff.

Chicken nuggets

>eating anything from a mainland foodstand
Gutter oil isn't my thing

>google Balut
Holy shit that is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. What the fuck is wrong with Asians?

this shit is lovely, all you have to do to make it not shit is just cut off the head and use it for decoration. its not that hard to make a rustic garnish without ruining the meal.

McDonald's. And, man, have we succeeded.

Dutch raw herring.

Yes, it's a traditional food, and a lot of Dutch people like it, but at least half the country hates that shit, too. "Needing" to eat it is purely a tourist thing.

God I wana fuck her mouth, Filipinas are so hot.

fuck, 2 off

Best comment

You surely mean smörgåstårta

>silkworm larvae
reminds me of this
thesneeze.com/2005/steve-dont-eat-it---silkworm-pupas.php

Jellied eels, only old age pensioners and foreigners eat them here and even then rarely outside of London.

Came here to post this. I'm convinced no-one in Britain actually likes jellied eels.

Nattō
i mean...just look at it.

he is, and I repeat, not a Captain

wake up world

Yeah, and it's not Dr. Pepper, it's Dr Pepper. There's no period. All this time you thought you were drinking something endorsed by a medical professional. Turns out it's just some dude named Dr

*nuggers

it was originally Dre Pepper, my ninja

VEGEMITE

But tartar is delicious

Because Filipinos don't eat baluut on the daily, and in fact generally find it just as crazy as most tourists do.

what's the sticky part?

apologies for linking to the same blog twice in one thread, and his writing is a bit dated/cringey, but he gives a good description of it:
thesneeze.com/2004/steve-dont-eat-it-vol-6.php

Huitlacoche

>be hard-working desk jockey that only gets 2 vacations a year
>work day and night to support my jobless wife and 3 kids
>after years of saving up, finally have enough funds for a family vacation
>choose mexico because everyone vacations there
>step off the plane, nose immediately fills with the stench of blight and dried hookers' pussies
>son grabs his stomach
>"dad the smell here is so bad... i think i'm gonna throw up..."
>holding back tears, knowing that those years working towards this trip was wasted
>"don't worry son you're probably just hungry... let's get some local food!"
>a street urchin child with dirtied hands and dried carnitas on his nose/mouth approaches us
>offers to give us a taste of some "mexican hospitality"
>i say sure because i want to make my family happy
>dirty urchin boy runs around the corner and returns with raw ear of corn
>watthefucc.midi
>picks pieces of blackened, chewed bubblegum off of the sidewalk and street gutters
>chews the gum himself and sticks it to the raw corn
>"almost finished!" he says as i start to feel faint
>raises the gumcorn above his head and throws it down the dirtiest steps i have ever seen
>the gumcorn rolls and bounces like a 20-sided-die and settles in a pile of dirt
>urchin boy comes back with it and holds this abomination up to my face
>"that will be five American dollars, please!"
>hands shaking, reach into my wallet and give him a $5 before he runs off
>turn to my son and slowly hand him frankenstein's monster
>"here you go, son... eat up"
>i hear the crack of his molar as he takes the first bite

at least we didn't get our heads cut off.

That bbq'd corn only costs 5 pesos (.27 us) my kids love them with the mayo and tajin on them.

>mfw little street urchin
>jacked you silly tourists
>made more than his entire family that day

>corn smut

Fucking kek.

200*

get this fucking smut out of this sfw board

This

>He ACTUALLY ate the huitlacoche

Vill du slåss?

This has only become a meme because flyovers don't eat actual seafood and are intimidated by the sight of a whole cooked fish

but that's freaking amazing and has spread internationally for that reason

They're like this about any animal foods other than pink slime, beef tenderloin, and boneless skinless chicken breast.

Flyover '''people''' honestly believe that the only reason to eat other meats is if you're poor and desperate. I wish I was making this up.

Dr doesn't take a full stop though
You only use one if the last letter of the contraction is different to the last letter of the original word

that yolk looks fucking majestic

One of the rare occasions where people pay money to get a disease

Who the hell would eat something that looks like a huge corny calcified hairy turd?

It's dumb because you need to take the fish out of the pie in order to remove the meat, instead of just eating it like a pie, but you already knew that.

Also, flyovers are the ones more likely to hunt and fish, when they're not eating at chain restaurants.

poor person detected

How do you come to that conclusion?

You realise that you're usually given a knife and fork to do things like that, right? Not everything is designed to be able to cut up and eat indiscriminately. Some dishes require more picking around, so what?

Not him, but aversion to raw meat is very much a class thing. Lack of access to safe, clean meats is a poverty person trait

This makes no sense in the year 2016.

>we are high class we eat raw meat and like it!
pls be trol

>poverty person

He's absolutely right though

Sorry about your abject living conditions and shit taste

Neither do flyovers. The real America needs to embrace progress and purge the filth using any means necessary. We can then repopulate the useless land between the coasts, using robots. Preferably black and Hispanic robots.

There are so many "lower class" people eating raw minced meat that this argument still makes absolutely no sense.

>There are so many "lower class" people eating raw minced meat

And who are these people?

You didn't realize Jack is simply reflecting his peers?

Go to germany, go to a construction side, ask the workers there if they think raw minced meat is disgusting.

Yeah, we all know continental Europe is more civilised. I think we were talking about lower-class Anglos and Americans here

I don't remember what it's called, but the Turks love fermented carrot juice. I spent a significant amount of time there. The owner of the restaurant I used to frequent was pretty good at making suggestions to stuff that I would like, but I couldnt stomach that shit. I fucking love turkish food, but that carrot juice stuff? NAH SON

more like lack of access to a hospital when you get ebola from your safe clean meats

duck fetus

I actually love balut. You get a little duck soup, with extra tender duck, and hard-boiled egg.

headcheese. it's a whole sheep's head, boiled, then left until the broth turns gelatinous.

t. Britbong.

What am I looking at?

My guess would be either half a scotch egg or a pile of powder in slightly peppered water

here's a picture

It's a scotch egg in tomato soup, 'invented' by a Bong in response to an Australian poster about two months ago.

You must be a HUGE faggot if you don't like headcheese.

>Balut
ewwww

fucks sake

>Huitlacoche
jesus christ

mexicoons m8, mexicoons

Belgian lambics
everybody in Belgium just keks at murrican cicerones as they are describing the puke-like tonez
most Belgians drink Duvel ťbh

you forgot to tip

>go to vietnam
>pimp/drug dealing moped driver says I should go to snake restaurant
>go there
>he gets his commission and leaves
>swallow snake heart/gall bladder with whiskey
>eat disgusting snake cooked many ways
>70 of your american dollars
>vomit in street while snake chefs laugh audibly about fleecing another foreigner
>moped driver appears again
>you can eat fucking bats at this other place
>go home

>pleb and proud

Christ this, I've never been more embarrassed, at least relating to food, than when I went to Bologna with the family.

Why?

Shit nigga, that should have cost you 10 USD.

u dum nigga