How do you cook a steak like this?

How do you cook a steak like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Jn9AJdZna0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Apply heat.

I concur.

>implying that's even "cooked"

How the fuck do you "cook" a steak like this? Holy shit the outsides look cooked to hell, but the inside doesn't even look touched

You don't, it's already cooked

Is this the designated shitposting thread?

lol

yes

Photoshop

nope

This is how.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Jn9AJdZna0

if you want a consistent color, reverse sear it

set the oven to 275 and put the steak on a rack on top of a baking sheet. with a steak as thick as that pic, keep it in there for like a half hour. then pull it out and sear it on high for like a minute on both sides.

This is an obvious sous vide job. But the jury is still out on the safety of cooking food in plastic bags. Supposedly you can use silicone instead but I've heard mixed reviews

Dont have the photos of some larger cuts on this device, but this was made with sous vide. Which is what i believe the op pic was made with too.

Looks good user. Would eat from your meme machine despite the plastic leeching

Is this bait or are you really that stupid.

That's how a steak is meant to be.

did i do good?

rest your fucking meat you goddamn idiot

wait 10-15 minutes after it comes off the heat before you cut it. Your plate is a fucking travesty of wasted potential.

i did
i put it on a plate and covered it with another plate

the juice isn't all from the steak, it's also red wine and balsamico

should i not cover the steaks with a plate?

Leaking juices when resting can be a sign that the meat is not sealed properly.

It can also be a sign that you're putting your hot meat onto a cold plate.

It needs to rest in a warmish environment, If i do jacket potatoes with my steak I'll put the plates i'm using in the oven for a 30s-1min before they need to be rested to stop the thermal shock.

Further to this, this is the reason why the meat should go into the hottest pan you can get.

The hotter the pan the better the seal and the better the maillard reaction on the crust.

that's actually great advice, i'll warm my plates next time
thanks user

No problem mate.

How's best to seal the meat? I have this problem too.

let meat come to room temp, pat dry with paper towel, onto hot as fuck pan that's been lightly greased

salt and pepper after it's been cooked

I prefer to use cold pressed rapeseed oil, but really just use an oil with a high smoke point.

Groundnut oil I feel works a little too well for my tastes.

Put the heat on the pan don't put the meat in until you see smoke coming off (this is why the oil is important different smoke points mean different temperatures but you can use the smoke point to know that the pan is the same temp every time as long as you use the same type of oil) this helps to keep your cooking consistent.

Let the meat sear, do not move it around the pan for massively thick steaks you'll want to do this until you've gotten the right amount of sear on the steak and then finish off in an oven.

For thinner steaks you'll want to sear for only enough time to get the steak how well done you want it.

Steak I use are probably 3/4-1" thick and I sear them at the smoke point of rapeseed oil for between 2 and 4 minutes each side depending on how many steaks are in the pan (more steaks = longer cooking time)

Use your fingers to determine the firmness and use pic related as a rough starting point to determine how cooked they are.

Let rest, after cooking maybe 5-10 steaks in the same way you'll become pretty consistent at it.

Also if you'd like to 1-2 min before the end you can throw some butter in the pan let it melt and tilt the pan you it pools in the corner (keep this corner over the heat) and spoon it onto the steak.

This adds a rich nutty flavour to the steak too.

I forgot to add this
Thats the best thing for preparing the steak

according to the original source for the picture:

>I smoke it first for about 7 minutes in a smoker. This will already "cook" the meat on low temperature. After that you just have to quickly grill it for about 30 seconds each side to make it my perfect steak.

THERE IS SO SUCH THING AS FUCKING *SEALING* THE STEAK

I THOUGHT EVERYONE KNEW THIS BY NOW

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK IT"S GONNA MAKE THE SURFACE OF THE STEAK IMPERMEABLE? CAUTERISATION? IF THIS WERE TRUE WHY THE FUCK WOULD PEOPLE SEAR BEFORE BRAISING? DON'T YOU WANT AN EXCHANGE OF LIQUIDS?

SEARING IS NOT SEALING

Impermeability is not reduced permeability.

You work as best you can.

the very act of searing a steak drives off moisture. in fact there is a minimum amount of moisture loss *required* in order to actually start the browning process. if you sear a steak and put it in the oven you will be losing more moisture than if you did not sear the steak. it doesn't do shit against moisture loss. it just makes it taste good.

>changing the texture, and rigidity does nothing to permeability
>the phospholipid-bilayer remains intact during cooking and retains the same permeability as before.

no

it's on you to prove that damaging the cell walls of the meat fibres actually DECREASES permeability, but in either case some of the water loss is extracellular.

This makes sense. It takes much longer to fry anything moist - evaporation comes first. Compare frying potato just after peeling and chopping to frying potato slices that have been dried with a paper towel.

Lol enjoy your food poisoning

Vacuum pack the steak with some butter and seasonings, cook in a water bath for 90 minutes at 136F, let steak rest as your pan or grill preheats, sear steak to liking.

imo that's perfection.

no worry of plastic leeching from even ziplock bags until you start getting over 190F
>7 minutes in ambient temp of ~220F
>doing anything
haha

This, and only this, is the right answer.

>plastic grade made specifically for exactly this
>somehow leeching

Sous vide

this paralyses your hand. don't fall for it.