How does Smorrebrod work?

How does Smorrebrod work?
I don't recognise most of the spreads used.

Other urls found in this thread:

trzesniewski.at/shop/broetchen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I don't recognise
Often that makes it fun and more enjoyable.

>swedish
>smorrebrod

Elvish smorrebrod, whatever.

that's not smorrebrod, it's fucking viennese

rye not dark enough

looks like disgusting german rye bread.

Not if you're trying to make the food in question.

rate my smorrebrod

>Scandinavia isn't a cultural continuum but 3 distinct cultures

Please.

looks great but I would prefer some smaller north sea shrimp. But looks bretty gud

Toppings aren't varied enough to be proper smorrebrod. is more like it.

Danish smorrebrod is superior.
Our bread is better and toppings tastier.

Not bad but you don't really mix salmon and herring.
It's typically either or.

this is the truth.

I agree, but OP pic isn't "Swedish smorrebrod", we don't really make a concept of it like the Danes do. The "rye bread with several toppings" thing we do have, but it tends to be a bit simpler than the Danish variety, fewer toppings. Pic related, typical such sandwich.

As a swecuck I have always secretly wished that I was born danish simply because smörrebröd is fucking awesome.

Braised rooster and curry mayonnaise is God-tier smorrebrod topping.

We have things like that too, we just usually don't call it smorrebrod, I think

The filename suggested otherwise.

We also have a more common, simpler and toned down that would typically be had for lunch. This could be rye, liver pate and a cucumber slice or two.

Smorrebrod is an elevated edition of this, used for special occasions, but it's still fairly peasant or commoner food.

The word you're looking for is either "macka" or "smörgås".

No, I'm Danish.
It's 'mad'
Literally, food.

My bad, thought I was quoting swedes.

Haha no worries!
I think there was one swede at least

Since these are just our words for sandwich, I felt no need to use it in the middle of and English sentence on account of not being a pretentious douchebag.

It's alright, lads, I'm of the opinion Danish cuisine is the top Nordic cuisine anyway. Speaking of, anyone know somewhere I an order hot dog ketchup online (from Denmark, that is)? Like Bähncke? I don't care about the brand, but you know what I'm after, the coarse and slightly spicy kind you get from the polsevogn. I found a place in Britain who sells it online, but shipping from Denmark would be cheaper, I live too far from the border to go there often enough to just buy it on the fly.

Well that's what it is, a smörgås. There's a clear difference between what the Swedes consider a typical sandwich and the Americans for example.

Well bahncke has two ketchup's for hotdog, one called hotdog ketchup. It sounds like curry/karry ketchup to me though.

The sandwiches from your pic aren't Swedish. They're Viennese.

Here's a list of the spreads they sell:

You should be able to find it in most parts of Skåne, but if you're close to Skåne you might as well just cross the bridge.

Scandinavian sandwich master race reporting.

>implying meatball and pickled beetroot salad isn't the superior sandwich topping

ayy lmao

4U, OP

what is that thing?

Pretty much this.

I have no fucking idea why anyone would put a wedge of orange on that sandwich though.

The peak of Finnish cuisine, sadly.

It's essentially a pirogi filled with rice and topped with an eggy butter. Pretty fucking awesome.

is finland even considered scandinavia?

Technically not, but who cares?

No they are slavs.

Garnish to make it "fancier" I guess. Many small mom-and-pop places does this, I worked as a prep-cook at such a place for a few years, literally every dish had an orange butterfly and intersecting cucumber slices as garnish. Funniest thing is that along with two wedges or tomato, that was all the veg there was on -any- plate, rest was just meat and carbs.

>Scandinavia
Denmark, Norway, Sweden
>Fennoscandia
Finland, Norway, Sweden and the westernmost parts of Russia (Karelia, more or less)
>Nordic Countries
All of the above, minus Russian part and + Iceland

However, because of historical ties and cultural similarities, no one gives a fuck. Finland is way more tied into the Scandinavian countries that Iceland is, for example, due to geographical proximity. The language barrier is the only thing that really sets it apart from the others 2bh, but the same is true for Iceland (Norwegian, Danish and Swedish are all mutually intelligible while most Scandis can maybe discern the general gist of written Icelandic but not speak it)

Pretty certain Sweden only has Kebabs with a free rape thrown in these days.

haha yes ebin maymays ladm8 xDDD xDD xD

The destruction of a nation and its culture really isn't something worth laughing at, user.
It's a loss to all humanity and the richness of its combined history, and should be regarded with the highest of disdain.
Did you also laugh when the Taliban blew up those Buddhist monuments in Afghanistan?

Eggbutter

/pol/ is that way.

Alternatively Sweden is the other way, if you just wanna check it out for yourself and see where you are wrong.

Anybody else smell a /pol/cat?

Yeee but icelandic is still closer than finnish. And faroe is part of scandinavia and it's pretty much the same shit.
also greenland.

>preventing cultural erasure is fascist
Why don't the Gulf States take in the refugees?

>a Democratic country choosing to admit immigrants is fascist
>as a dumb American let me tell the most educated country on earth what's best for them
hilarious

But I'm Argentinian wew
Answer my question:
Why don't the Gulf States take in the refugees?

Stop pretending you can have valid opinions on white people issues. Goddamm argies, stay in your mud huts and stick to what you're good at, like defaulting on loans and drowning inside used discount battleships.

I'm actually American false flagging as an Argentine
Gotem

Dodos detected

Because they're not taking responsibility for the crisis they helped create.

>a smorrebrod thread devolves into swede-bashing

Why is it that americans get such a boner when they read or hear the word "Sweden"?

it's like sandwiches, but they were too poor to afford the top piece of bread

very pretty, looks tasty too, good topping ratio

all you need is more bread

pizza being dilicious doesn't make me want to be italian

wait, potato sandwich? wut?

and the have less rapefugees?

seemingly they wish to continue to survive as a culture, crazy

why would anyone want that?

bigots

laugh it up you anti-White genocidal monster, dottir is coming

probably hates tibet too, haha you fucking tibetans how you like being replaced with chinese?

/pol/cat lives matter, genocidal monster

are you even swedish?

you've never tried rugbread have you? it's pretty heavy, more bread would ruin the balance.

those are some interesting toppings

For some reason a country with 50% whites think they can complain about a country with 10% brown people. Who knows.

these are just sandwiches where everything falls off

here, back for more.

Holy shit, I never knew you guys to be this reactionary or opinionated, and I'm an oldfag.
For what it's worth, I'm 3rd generation Danish-American.

>probably hates tibet too

They deserve nothing less than full autonomy (And that includes freedom from Western influence).

Anyway, stay salty, my friends.

>against genocide
We don't need your kind around /pol/.