Is lobster really that good?

Is lobster really that good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ttMrSCnQnnk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

People typically dip it in garlic butter. Take that as you will.

crab is actually to be honest

it's okay but it used to be poor mans food so there are things that are better like crab, scallops, oysters and vongole. I usually only eat the claws and give the rest to the dog. no poor

so it tastes like pizza

Not worth the price or effort for the meat

easily my favorite food
I have a hard time seeing people preferring crab unless it's really great crab

Everyone thinks I'm weird for thinking this, but I don't get why lobster is so expensive or why crab isn't more expensive when crab taste pretty similar, works in a lot of the same dishes, yet crab taste better and is cheaper. I always want to get lobster since I have it so infrequently but I can never justify it when theres always crab on the menu too.

the meat is very fine

It's alright with a lot of garlic. Wouldn't eat it without some other overpowering seasoning.

Yes.

I like the texture of Lobster opposed to Crab but I love the taste of Crab opposed to Lobster...

that's actually a great way to put it
I would never think of dipping crab meat in any garlic butter because it just doesn't need it
I wish there was a lobster textured crab or a crab tasting lobster
It would be perfection

Yes, but it's really overpriced. I'd suggest monkfish instead but that's pretty expensive where I live also.

>used to be poor man's food

So did all the other foods you listed. Fucking meme bullshit. Are you a mustachioed business man from the turn of the 20th century? No? Then STFU.

Lobster in my experience just tastes like whatever you garnish it with, crab is much tastier and often cheaper.

I think bay bugs are as close as it comes.

I agree though, crab just has a far sweeter taste, I can sit there for hours picking those bastards apart.

youtu.be/ttMrSCnQnnk

Near the end he gets to done interesting thoughts on the economics of nice food

I love David Mitchell, but those soapbox bits are really disappointing. They lack the passion, sarcasm, and authenticity of his outbursts as a panelist on QI, WILTY, et al.

king/snow crab is way more expensive at the wegmans I go to. no one buys lobster anymore, it's all about the king/snow crab.

I could never get into QI. There are parts of the British humor I love (The Thick of It/In the Loop) and parts of it I can't stand (Todd Margaret).
But I like the idea of placing completely undue amounts of thought into minor gripes, and dissecting an issue that was in no way begging to be dissected. So I appreciate the Soapbox videos for that. Granted, that's where I know him from, but still.

why is there fruit in the drink?

Why not? Why are you opposed to trying different flavor combinations?

Ever had a Pimm's Cup?

>garlic butter
you're supposed to use regular butter. like a steak.

You need to get a good big one, about a kilo, and cook it from live and eat it then and there.
Most lobsters in restaurants or precooked ones in markets are too small and you need to realise they are losing flavour every minute after they are cooked.
If it's not fresh you may as well just get some big prawns .

Or hell, even a sangria.

Lobster used to be considered the rat of the sea 100 years ago. I think it's a lot of marketing that makes it "taste so good." Much like how diamonds were nearly useless until the marketing companies found a way.

user probably got low-quality cheap stuff someplace so they had to mask the flavor.

>but it used to be poor mans food so there are things that are better
It was poor man's food in a very limited geographic area where it was plentiful and before modern refrigeration and containment tank technology.
Many lauded food originated as peasant dishes and it's retarded and insecure to classify a food as inferior because "poor people used to eat it!"

Most "crab is totally better I don't even like lobster!" statements are a fox and grapes situation.

>lobster is rat like diamonds are useless!
Literally retarded.

lobster is just meme seafood

diamonds weren't useless, they were valued for jewelry and industry but marketing made them the only choice for engagement

get it straight

It's overrated, but I enjoy is. For relative price equivalence scallops, crab, roe (specifically salmon and urchin) are much more desirable in my book.

Nah, I get lobster more often than crab and I prefer crab. Lobster's good, and I really like its texture, but it's not as exciting to me as crab. Or other shellfish.

Okay perhaps "useless" was a strong word. Diamonds definitely didn't cost as much back then as they do today, and it's because they were marketed as being luxury items, much like lobster is now marketed as the luxury seafood.

It's a mutated insect that lives in the sea, just like all the other shellfish.

Diamonds are also an artificially controlled market. Don' know if the same can be said of lobster.

It's overrated. Expensive, little meat, messy, and it's really rich. I feel slightly nauseous after eating a whole one and it makes me shit like no other

It's good, but not what they make you pay for it

Humans coveting items for their rarity isn't any more a marketing scheme than the one that coerces bluejays to collect shiny objects.

Diamonds cost as much as they do because De Beers owns literally 85%+ of all diamond mines WORLDWIDE. This means they can charge whatever the fuck they want and no one can complain because what the fuck are they gonna do?

> what the fuck are they gonna do?

not buy diamonds
no buyers no business
voila prices go down one way or another

solving monolopies is so easy in a world where consumers could just exercise some degree of self control

I would rather have crab any day of the week.

Shower me with crabs.

No butter required, save it for the lobsterfags.

The consumers are women and henpecked husbands.

I don't know why but I can not stop laughing at this and it's been like 2 whole minutes. I can't even look at the sentence.

never had lobster before

crab is dank though

Its just a big Crawfish

It happened to me too. The sentence just has that quality to it. I don't even know how to

>saying crawfish instead of crayfish like some redneck

I think lobster genuinely tastes good. Not so good that I think it's generally worth a hefty price tag, but it is good. Look at oxtail today. A staple of poverty food, but hipsters get into "soul food" and suddenly the prices start to skyrocket. In my own town we have a traditional dish called "city chicken." It's pork. It comes from the days when chicken was more expensive than pork and was considered a luxury item. I'm sure one day some common item that we take for granted will become a luxury food and everyone then will rave about how great it is, even though in our day we probably serve it up by the pound from carts at the side of the road. Part of (not to get all Bernie Sanders here) the pathology of the rich, or at least the nouveau riche, is the need to stay ahead of the hoi polloi on trands and identity markers that distinguish you as having wealth. Compare shark fin soup in Asia. Super expensive and wasteful, and by all accounts not particularly flavorful (I've had shark fin soup, and at least the preparation I had was pretty bland. I'm not the only one to think so). One of my favorite meats is deer meat. I come from a family of hunters. I'll bet one day we'll start farming or change the licensing laws for deer hunting in such a way that we'll be able to market it as a luxury food, and all the poor people will be unable to eat venison. Who the fuck knows. This world is crazy like that.

White crab meat, I have to agree

It's got a "give her the dick" quality to it.

The claws have the worst meat in them fucking dumbass. You want to focus on the tail. That's why a lot of restaurants serve just tail. You obviously know nothing about lobster

Richfag here. I've eaten plenty of both and I think crab is superior in both taste and texture

Why are you putting a slash? King is meh and lobster is definitely better but snow is really different and taste amazing

Agreed.

wow, remember when this kike used to be funny?

QI was shit because of the pretend intellectual faggot kike

all our (british) tv is shit these days, it's amazing how the more PC and dieverse(less White) comedy gets, the less fucking funny it gets

diamonds are a girls best friend, whilst mans best friend is doges

says it all

venison is delicious

You're missing out on the delicious innards. Add a little garlic and butter and then spread on toast. very tasty.

Jesus Christ dude, calm down. Did somebody anally rape you with a copy of Jeeves & Wooster when you were a child? Stephen Fry is pretty cool, and not really a fan of PC.

>Stephen Fry is pretty cool
fuck off sfidf

he was funny in blackadder, but not since

not PC, literally married another faggot, who's young enough to be his son

>who's young enough to be his son
How many rich old men marry much younger women?

wait, you support homos? what a fucking degenerate

homos are responsible for over half the new AIDS cases despite being only 1-2% of the pop, not to mention all the other STDs they pass around because they are so promiscuous, many having over 100 partners every year

well over half target youngsters

hedonism is not a good trait to encourage

>hedonism is not a good trait to encourage
you realize what you're saying?

why are closet cases always such homophobes

I see, you claim homosexuality is good, then imply it's bad if I am one? how do you fit this double standard into your brian?

presumably since I am an arachnophobe I must be a spider?

They used to feed slaves and prisoners Lobsters.

Crab is good, Lobster is shit.

I never claimed anything, that was my first post in the thread

The point is, you consider sexual activity with other men to be a sinful pleasure that must be resisted and discouraged

What I'm now informing you is that this is your orientation. Others have different orientations. Sex with a dude is not that interesting to a straight male, hence why it doesn't fit into any hedonic equations.

I hope you figure out your deal before you waste your life trying to be something you aren't, closet-kun

Shoving your cock up another man's ass and inflicting pain on him and getting shit all over your dick and spreading enzymes and germs and what have you -- aside from the shit -- is not a 'sinful pleasure.' It's a gag-inducing sexual behavioral disorder. It's about as appealing as rolling around in fresh dog shit.

Sorry. Just sayin.' Now. We were supposed to be talking about FOOD, right? faggot? Right?

you accused me of being afraid(irrationally so) of homos, rather than disgusted that they spread so much disease, attack morality, use so many drugs and pretend to have sex with mens bottoms. you see, sex is an act which is to try and create a new life, a perfect little baby. this can not happen by ejaculating sperm into poop.

you probably sniff your own farts at how tolerant you are, apart from government sanctioned targets such as homo"phobes", islamo"phobes", sexists, racists, etc

how do you manage that mental trick? you claim bigotry is bad, whilst being a bigot to those who don't agree with you. are you one of these people who tries to get speakers disinvited from venues, because you disagree with them? then disrupt their events if they still come? your a moran, grade G. you claim to have a morality, whilst not applying your so called morals equally. fucking bigoted shitlord

You were the one going on about hedonism, not me. And now with the vivid sexual (!? I have to assume) imagery. A little gross, but hey, I try not to judge.

Your error is in assuming that everyone has the same tormented feelings about sex as you do. Undoubtedly, you feel your fantasies make you a bad person. I'm telling you, everyone has their own thing. What gets you going is different than what gets others going. You'd be a lot happier if you accepted who you are, instead of all this projection and hate.

>all this mad
Did I touch a raw nerve, Mr. Speaker? Just don't violate any money laundering laws, that's how you get caught ;)

I don't notice any attempt to refute even one of my points

since it is a maxim of law that whatever is not rebutted stands, I hereby accept your surrender as the delusional hypocrite that you are

I'm not a camp counselor at the local "fix my gayness" treatment facility, just a random internet user who noticed a bit of a Freudian slip on your part.

The fact is, you're in denial. But you lucked out because in modern Western society, it's OK to be you. There are even churches that accept your kind. Take a deep breath and relax, you'll be fine!

it's quite amazing how you can ignore all my points and still claim that all people who don't like gays must be gays

a real special kind of stupid

enjoy dottir

He's just employing pro-faggot boilerplate. You don't want to look or hear about it, therefore you're a closeted homo and in denial yourself, et cetera. Report the silly off-topic bastard and move on.

But I never said everyone who hates gays must be gay. If you had just said "gays are fucking gross", I never would have even posted.

What got my attention was your very interesting reference to hedonism in relation to homosexuality. The fact that you thought nothing of it was deliciously ironic.

I remember you. You're the trip who was complaining about illegal Puerto Rican immigrants on /k/ a while back. Geography is hard :(

>putting fruit in a glass of $50/bottle wine

Why did they do this?

Moet is nice but its not above being touched. Its great in mimosas for instance

some people just want to watch the world burn

you'd fit in great on /lgbt/, it's full of confused faggots like you