Is it just me or does the top part of scallions taste and smell different from the bottom section?

Is it just me or does the top part of scallions taste and smell different from the bottom section?

Lol

Ever wondered why some recipes ask for "X scallions (green part only)"?

They taste different. They arent as strong and they are good garnish

What the fuck is a "scallion"?

the correct name for OPs picture which you probably incorrectly call a "green onion"

maybe you haven't noticed it.. but one part is green and the other white... so what do you think the "green" is ?
ever noticed that the green part of a salat taste different then the yellow/light green part?
or that green asparagus tast different then white ones?

I think it's a spring onion uk

Good god the arrogance of you people is astounding.

>i call things the wrong name
>if you correct me you are a douchebag

This is why the world hates Americans, your attitude stinks.

That's very perceptive of you user. Here's one free gbp.

nah you're just jealous
how do you have internet in the third world anyway?

Liberal bullshit. So-called whine "experts" can't even tell red wine from white wine. Just fucking kill yourself, holy shit.

It's called 葱 you filthy pleb.

Scallion-faggots are the absolute worst.

it's like a rapscallion but less gangster.

negi

Lol you reek of jealousy user, it isn't very becoming of you.

"Green onion" is a correct name. There are many correct names for this vegetable. The only thing that bothers me is when people call them "leeks." Leeks are a different plant altogether.

Not him but literally what is the difference. Held both of them at the market today and they look/smell/feel the same. One was package one was wrapped in batches..

of course it does you fool

A leek is basically an oversized scallion, but with more sand inside of it

>sand
Pls explain.

Leeks and scallions grow underground up to the dark green parts. All the sand trickles in from above into the leek, but the scallion is usually too small and densely packed for that to happen. You're supposed to cut leeks lengthwise to clean the interior

Oh also the scallion is closed of course since the green parts are cylinders, unless it's bruised

Rather my attitude stink than my filthy encrusted body. Shower you stinky fucks.

Us Brits actually call them Spring Onions!