What spices, herbs or seasonings do you most often use besides salt and pepper?

What spices, herbs or seasonings do you most often use besides salt and pepper?

garam masala, turmeric, cardamom and vanilla beans

>White people go on global spice search
>still can't use them properly

paprika
garlic powder
onion powder
chili powder
cayenne pepper
red pepper flakes
thyme
oregano
cumin

You'll find these in most Cajun and Tex-Mex recipes. Also provides most of the ingredients to make dry rubs and sauces for barbecuing. Pretty versatile little list, if I do say so myself.

>garam masala, turmeric, cardamom and vanilla beans

spotted the curry nigger

In roughly decreasing order of commonality:

Spices:
• delicate paprika
• caraway
• strong paprika
• celery seed
• cinnamon
• cumin
• various homemade chili powders
• white mustard seed
• homemade onion and/or leek powder

Herbs:
• parsley
• dill
• herb celery
• lovage, when I can fucking find it
• European basil
• coriander/cilantro
• sage
• marjoram
• rosemary
• thyme
• Vietnamese basil

I use others, too, but those are certainly my most common. Herbs I tend to buy fresh and dry them myself.

Cayenne
Garlic
Loads of HFCS (mmm...)
MSG

Why thank you. :-)

Parsley, oregano, basil, garlic, crushed red pepper

Paprika is all #1 by far, I use it in almost everything. I recently got into smoked paprika (most paprika is sun-dried) and I like it even more than the regular stuff, it has this great 'hickory' flavor to it.

Second is cayenne pepper. I use this in many dishes too, not quite as often as I use paprika because there are some things I don't want too much heat in.

Third is turmeric (strictly for color, I don't really notice much of a flavor off it).

Other than that, I also use chili powder, cumin (occasionally), oregano, saffron, as well as dried rosemary and thyme (not sure if the last two are counted as spices)

cinnamon, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cilantro, turmeric, cumin, red pepper...

and lots of pic related

I usually reach for:

Spices:
cumin
coriander
cinnamon
clove
turmeric
paprika
Aleppo pepper
black pepper
chili pepper
mustard seeds

Herbs (fresh)
Rosemary
sage
parsley
cilantro

Herbs (dried)
thyme
oregano

Once in a while I use nutmeg, allspice, fenugreek. asafoetida, dill and tarragon, but I don't go through that stuff like I do the stuff on the list above.

Cumin
Cayene
Coriander seeds
Paprika
Cloves
Cinnamon
Chile de Arbol flakes
Peppermint

I'm white

anything other than salt or pepper is meme seasoning

I almost never use black pepper.

Otherwise I use fresh ginger, cumin, fish sauce, shrimp paste, tomato paste and red peppers, dried orange skin, garlic, coriander, Asafoetida and grains of paradise are other favorites.

>poc given tools to devolop coubtry
>they devolve to huts and slave trade.

Onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, basil, rosemary, thyme, sage, mustard powder.. Probably even more than that, I like to make alot of savory meat dishes and stews.

>Onion powder
I swore off every processed onion product. Fresh onions are so superior.

Onion powder
Cumin
Cayenne pepper

are you me?

>samefag

Agreed but sometimes you dont want the chunk in your soup which is why I'll occasionally opt for the powder

That's understandable however, they do soften up nicely in soups.

Curry is the GOAT , garam masala is surprisingly good in some fusions too like tacos

Garlic
Rosemary
Lemon Juice
Oregano
Cayenne
Basil
Cumin

cumin, coriander, cayenne
because i mostly just eat rice and beans

Having to samefag so hard

Garlic/onions/red chili flakes & sometimes green peppers, though I use a lot of spices because I'm low to no salt type of person when cooking

Because kidney diseases is a bitch*

>garlic powder
>onion powder
>powder
just...

I hope that garam masala is a home mix and not store bought shit. Grinding and mixing your own is much nicer for when you don't have the time to do it all seperately

Onion powder/salt and fresh onion don't taste exactly alike, kinda like how apple juice doesn't taste exactly like apple or how dried tomatoes don't taste quite like fresh ones. Furthermore, they're not used the same way, either.

They're two different products used in ways disparate from one another.

For those who use onion powder/salt, have you tried freshly-powdered onion before? While fresh and powdered onion are incomparable, freshly-powdered is leaps and bounds better than storebought onion powder.
Buy "dried minced onion" or whatever it may be called where you live, put a bit into a blender, dedicated spice mill (like a coffee grinder used only for spices) or a food processor and run it through to powder it. I doubt you'll go back to storebought onion powder once you try it freshly powdered.

Garlic paste
Portuguese crushed red pepper
Paprika
Parsley
Bay leaves
Grated onion
Cayenne
MSG
Sometimes garam masala

see I've never used garlic powder, though I doubt it'd be so bad.

Of course, freshly toasted and powdered is better, but many have difficulty finding all of the various components for garam masala/curry powders, so I don't begrudge people who use storebought. If anyone has access to the various whole spices and good quality turmeric powder (or dried turmeric slices), however, he really ought to give homemade a try at least once to see how it compares.

They have a different flavor from fresh garlic and onion. They're a valid addition.

>not using Cake Crumb Hot Hot Hot

Paprika
Cayenne Pepper
Oregano
Basil
Cumin
Harissa and Ras El Hanout when making tagines

Cheese, gherkins, tomato ketchup, bread

Cayenne
Basil
Oregano
Thyme