Why is blueberry such a rare flavor in candies, sodas, icecreams, syrups, coffees, etc?

Why is blueberry such a rare flavor in candies, sodas, icecreams, syrups, coffees, etc?

>blueberry coffee

As opposed to strawberries? Harder to farm in your quite hot Murrica.

There are some ethopian coffees, typically out of yirgacheffe, that will smell/have mild blueberry taste.

I made this thread and I believe it deserves more replies, this is an executive decision I am bumping thus thread.

What's your favorite blueberry pastry? Ever had blueberry soda? How about blueberry hard candies?

I am in love with blueberries, but they cost like 2 euros per 100 grams in my country

>What's your favorite blueberry pastry?
Don't know. I occasionally use blueberries for topping when making pannacotta
>Ever had blueberry soda?
Yes, more than 15 years ago. I don't even remember what it tasted like
>How about blueberry hard candies?
The ones I've tried weren't that bad.

Blueberry beer

i had it once. drank it black before anyone gets triggered.

surprisingly good

There's a bug in your beer. How does it taste (blueberry brew not the bug)?

A variety of reasons:

Different countries prefer different esters and accordingly pressure the manufacturers to only make those. As a broad example, the US goes apeshit on cherry flavor, UK and Australia on citrus flavors (out of which orange is predominant), Asia is big on strawberry and melon. It is possible that blueberry is a difficult flavor to replicate. It is also possible that blueberry, upon being isolated, does not taste much like blueberries at all - this is what is pretty much the case for watermelon.

Blueberries, being a crop that is finicky to grow (can't be too hot can't be too cold needs plenty of water) and have thin, weak skins prone to bruising and wrinkling are expensive upon entering the market and the general populace are unlikely to have even experienced a blueberry. There is little juice and very little flesh yield per berry, and some could be put off by the texture of the small seeds. It does not have a strong, distinct smell or flavor.

This of course in turn pressures market forces - blueberries end up in bagels and muffins where people are less likely to notice and raise issues with the seeds, not so much in ice creams and syrups.

In short, the artificial flavoring market would prefer the Adam Sandler movie version of flavors that are tried and trusted, and the natural flavoring market is hampered by the fact that it's inefficient to naturally flavor something blueberry without using a lot of the expensive, not very strongly flavored fruit.

It isssssss, but kind of devolves in to a flavor that's not really "blueberry" but "generically berry sweet". I've had it.

>tfw love Blueberries but they are so expensive

If one day I go rich I'l eat blueberries and smoked salmon everyday

>Nothing is ever lingonberry flavored
>Nothing is ever cloudberry flavored
>Nothing is ever currant flavored
>Nothing is ever Elder flavored
>Nothing is ever blackthorn flavored
>Nothing is ever lilac flavored

Gooseberries and blackberries are free game though.

>no mention of hawthorn

I bet you like Rose hip tea.

Get off 4chans grandma.

I want more Scandinavian flavors too bro.

>Tfw go to Ikea
>Stock up on lingonberry and cloudberry preserves and some elderflower syrup.

Ikea pls

Lingonberries are good with some foods, but you can't just flavor anything with it. They had lingonberry icecream here a few years ago and it was terrible. Now bacon and blood sausage with lingonberries, that's pretty damn good.

>sipping blueberry milk while reading the thread

Shouldn't there be GMO blueberries by now that grow anywhere with ridiculous yields?

seriously, this. Every blue candy/flavor of anything is always blue raspberry, wtf. I fucking love blueberries.

>blueberry milk
>it's not blue or purple
>he didn't bother cooking the blueberries
leave

elderflower is based

Both blueberries and strawberries grow very well in Louisiana, the assfuck hottest state in the US. To the point where they've been having harvest festivals for a century

m8, the only thing GMOs are used for is increasing resistance to monsanto pesticides

literally the only thing

Silly man.

Blueberries don't have tits.

Tons of shit in Europe are currant flavored. They even have cassis Fanta there.

Anyone ever had blueberry jam or jelly?

the single most common GM is adding the Bt gene which causes crops to become pest resistant, allowing a dramatic decrease is pesticide usage

I have blueberry vape liquid

To be fair though, everything that shouldn't survive seems to thrive in Louisiana. Fucking land of retards and honey.

move to yuro my man

>hawthorn
My nigga.

Patricians cordial material right there.

raspberries and blackberries are superior, fag.

blueberries? more like cuckberries lmao

Raspberries are positively not superior to blueberries
Blackberries are damn good though

>not including the superior American born berry, the marionberry

Step up yuropoors

He was framed!

Cloudberries are awesome.

I used to live in the boreal forest region and picked wild blueberries a lot. I made a variety of blueberry preserves along with clafoutis, pie, liqueur, pancakes, fruit leather, etc.

I found a recent burn spot that no one seemed to know about that was absolutely full of blueberries. I would pick gallons of blueberries in no time, it was a great period in my life. Lots of foraging for wild berries (Amelanchier, raspberries), mushrooms, fiddleheads, rosehips, and bird hunting.

Usually expensive where I live.

Because the blueberry is not a fruit that can stand on its own. It needs something else with it, like a kiwi. It's not a stand-alone fruit.

I had blueberry in my oatmeal sometimes but it tastes better with a banana so now I use a banana all the time.

Blueberry shit is everywhere here but it is kinda a thing in this state. They're in just about everything you can imagine and both wild and cultivated berries are sold along roadsides all over the place.

imho the best ones are the wild ones warmed by the sun on mountain-tops, great for enjoying on a hike.

>Cloudberries are awesome
I've only had them in a jam but it was quite nice.
Blueberries and blackberries are the best berries for clafoutis imo.
Fiddleheads are amazing seared in a hot pan with a little butter.

Lots of blueberry stuff here in Ontario

...pretty gross, tho

blackberries > blueberries > strawberries >>>rasberries

What was the first Blue Raspberry flavored food?

I've had this coffee. It blew my fucking mind. The closest place to me that sells it is 25 min. away though.

Counter Culture Idido is like this

Almost a peaberry, and bursting with blueberry and natural sweetness. It would make anybody enjoy black coffee.

Blueberry and melon are my favorite flavors but they aren't very popular in America... Melon is easy to get at Asian grocery stores, but blueberry not so much.

You say it like it was too far away. 25mins is nothing.

Sprecher has a seasonal Blueberry soda throughout winter, it was hard to find before Mennards came to my area, but it's amazing.

Enjoy your fucked up lungs. All those sweet flavored liquids are bad for you, hombre.

Lingonberry is one of my favorite ice cream flavors. So yes, you most definitely can, perhaps the one you had just happened to be shit.

No need, damn things grow like weeds.

I haven't seen blueberry beer, but for some reason huckleberry is popular. It's total shit.