Any advice on what to with these beautiful blade steaks. I want to cook them low and slow, and create some rich...

Any advice on what to with these beautiful blade steaks. I want to cook them low and slow, and create some rich, warming peasant food.

This is usually my default for blade roast.

Or cubing it and making a tagine with dried plums.

>blade steak
Into the trash it goes you flyover memecuck.

I'll be making a French inspired braised blade steak, with aromatic vege (strained from the sauce), mushroom and creamy mash. I'll check back with pics if this thread gains legs.

More to come as I have a freezer heaving with ribs, sausages, a pork shoulder roast and in pride of place pork tenderloin.

Stay tuned

Looks good, but I'm going for something a little different.

If I had some mutton I would go out and buy a tagine right now.

Where do you live, friendo?

Bbbbut Jamie Oliver says it's the one of the more flavorful cuts of beef.

Melbourne.
And all the tagine shops are closed.

Melbourne. Got this haul form Jonai farms just out of Ballarat.

Kmart is right across the road pal

Want the recipe for an other time? (I make it in a dutch oven, not the proper tagine vessel, because storage space is an issue)

It's shut. I checked their website.
Stop telling lies to make friends

Shoot mon frere, excited for new recipes from peers.

Fuck yourself you colossal dickhead.

Feel silly?

No timestamp.
Fake filename.

Seems like a lot of effort for me to go to just to prove a stranger on the internet wrong. Besides I have better things to do, like prepare the beef for tomorrow.

Good point.
I would have mocked you if you had time stamped it anyway.
Did you buy a tagine?

Nah, they were of poor quality.

Slow cooker time?

Pate de tete and a central Otago pinot to nourish me while I make a start on tomorrow's dinner.

Pyrex is what I have, Pyrex is what I'll use.

Are you using a DSLR?

LGG2 actually, sorry about the inverted nature of the pictures, but from what I understand this model has a bug. I hope it doesn't detract from the experience.

Chopped carrots, white onion and turnip (I couldn't get any swede) and the sprig of rosemary, bay leaves and garlic. To be added to the deglazed pan after I braise the blade.

I'm lurking

Here.

Braising the beef in olive oil and butter, dusted with seasoned flour, in batches.

Get a pressure cooker and make Indonesian beef rendang. Cook it for minimum 1 hour in the pc, longer if you can.

Go to your local Asian market and buy "chilliz dry rendang paste". It comes in a goldish box, you just add a 400ml can of coconut cream.

If you have it handy, add some fresh galangal, lemongrass, 3-4 red chillies diced kafir lime leaves.

You'll thank me later m8

Cheers dude, I just got back from indo, loved the warung food over there, and the slow roast suckling pig was outrageously good.

My beef stock is warming, beef is browned, and the veg is cooking in the juices

Adding 2 bay leaves, a.sprig of rosemary and 4 cloves of garlic

Deglazed the pan with red wine and a little red wine vinegar. Added beef stock and bringing to the boil. The smell is amazing.

Beef, veg and stock mix in the dish to be cooked at 140 degrees for 2~3 hours. Season well.

looks awesome, I take it you cover the tray witrh foil, or a lid?

that's not braising. braising is cooking it in a liquid

Well I got too high, fell asleep and overcooked it, meat tastes good, though the dish is pretty dry.

Guess I'll try rescue it with reduced stock sauce and a gremolata.

Foil, and the lid for airtightness.

Yes, browned the blade ofc.