Is black bean the newest hottest culinary meme?

Is black bean the newest hottest culinary meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pbxf2kGC60s?t=7m3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How's the weather in 2001, user?

Lol. I like you.

>>OP
That looks like my nice hearty veggie chili shit thats been formed into a patty and grilled. Gives a whole new meaning to flipping a shit. XD

Actually just the easiest and cheapest base for veggie burgers

I'm more concerned about the avocado

Ive been eating black beans since i was a kid in the 80s. But I grew up in south florida.

cloudy with a chance of falling buildings

>staple food for thousands of years
>meme

Ok...

That makes you a hipster.

I thought we were still on açaí?

Black beans arent "hip"

Ah-sigh or a-ky

You're not very good at this.
Lurk moar.

>açaí

what is this, 2009? do you want a panini too?

>anyone who has been eating common foods their entire lives, that flyovers have only recently been exposed to, are "hipsters".

What a loser.

Black beans are nice as fuck.

>panini
>2009
Where do you live?

europe
panini was the meme food of 07-09

Where in Europe? The American panini fad was in the 90s

aren't they called "Turtle beans"?

black bean soup is the shit

This is a black bean burger I made a month back. Still have a few patties left in the freezer. Turned out surprisingly meaty tasting. The consistency is not very close to meat though.

>it, like, totally tasted meaty, gaiz!!!
You know... that could be that slab of meat you put on top of it that you're tasting, friend-o.

I like black bean burgers, too, and, like you, I'm not a vegemuhtarian. However, I would never in a million years say that they taste even remotely meaty. They taste like beans. Because they are beans.

No.
Vegans just think it's good because when it's mashed up, it has the same color as actual cooked meat.
If it's a meme, it's an "only for huuuuuge faggots " meme.

Also, fyi, there's much more flavorsome beans that would produce better taste and texture.

You think only vegans eat bean burgers? Man, you need some variety in your diet.

I disagree. I make bean """"""""burgers"""""""" out of all sorts of beans, but black beans are by far the best in regards to texture. Other beans used for this purpose don't tend to hold shape quite as well as black bean ones, but I most certainly do use them from time to time, as well.

Also, neither a vegan nor a vegetarian here. Just grew up on mashed patties of beans so I still make and eat mashed patties of beans. It ain't that serious.

Actually, no, I don't. I make and eat bean and nut burgers fairly often. I also eat beef burgers, bison burgers, turkey burgers, and salmon burgers.
But I digress. Black beans are dry and awful for burgers. I prefer black eyed peas most of the time, or cranberry beans, or pink beans.

See above.

Gardein has awesome black bean patties.

Pic related

blackbeans are great tasting. Between it and white northerns it makes the best patty.
I think you're just bean racist

I love me some eggplant in bean burgers

Can someone identify some ingredients apart from quinoa, blanck beans and corn?

I made some a montha go with red bell pepper, mushrooms, black beans and flour....they were too sticky but tasted ok

ha

I like the taste and texture of them, but I'd still probably take a good hamburger over it.

I've been eating blacks beans since i was a kid in the 90's. You dumb amerifats better not raise it's price with your stupid food trends.

but these are vintage organic beans, heirloom even

>dumb amerifats

Americans have been eating black beans well before the 90's, what the fuck are you even talking about? Do you also believe that Americans didn't know about avocados or bacon 20 years ago?

Speaking of Black beans, just prepared this:

youtu.be/pbxf2kGC60s?t=7m3s

Super easy and 5 minutes of work. Minus the tortillas.

Shit, skip to 7:00.

>Lol. I like you.
You have to go back.

I fucking love bean burgers.

Ah-Sigh-ee

0/10 didn't even smile or breath out of my nose with a slightly exaggerates pressure

I was under the impression that calling a food a "meme" means that it is only popular because of internet culture and it is not actually worth the price/effort

In this case, black beans are cheap as fuck, delicious, and easy to prepare, so no, they couldnt possibly be a meme.

Never tried black-eyed peas, but I have tried both cranberry and pink beans as well as pinto, lima, kidney and a few others. Out of all of them, black beans are texturally best and lima are worst, IMO. Flavour-wise, it varies on mood, but I usually prefer black.

None are 'meaty' though. If I want meaty, I use meat because I'm not vegetarian.

>Go to Smashburger
>Try out black bean burger
>Tastes better than I thought, may get it again in the future
>hour later
>itbegins.jpg
>begin farting every minute or so
>doesn't stop
>fart all afternoon, evening, night
>sore the next morning from farting so much

Never again.

It gives me the vapors too.

>that guy whose habitual diet contains less than 10 grams of fiber

>
>Lol. I like you.
>>>OP
>That looks like my nice hearty veggie chili shit thats been formed into a patty and grilled. Gives a whole new meaning to flipping a shit. XD
Kool

That looks like it'll be tasty but if it was mine I'd put some pic related right on top of that patty. Even with the avocado it just wouldn't be complete without em.

Black beans and salsa forever.

that patty looks fried and for too long