Oh don't mine me user, just have to pay for my groceries with a cheque, you have 15 minutes right?

Oh don't mine me user, just have to pay for my groceries with a cheque, you have 15 minutes right?

And other things that make me hate the grocery store.

I have learned over time not to get into line behind old ladies.

how long have debt cards been around for?

>people still use cheques in america

I'll dig for ore, coal and jewels wherever the fuck I feel like.

I always shop on Saturday mornings because meat is fucking expensive here and its marked down 30% on Saturday morning. I'm the youngest person in the store by at least 20 years every single time.

>a cheque
Wut? Is this 1987?

Just our soon to be departed.

>mfw I wake up at 4 AM to do all my shopping with no crowd at all

Ya it opens at 7 and I'm there for when it opens. I've started showing up ten minutes early or so because there's this old Asian guy that just wanders around in the aisles I've started to chat with.

all you have to do anymore is hand over a signed check and it fills out the rest.

mfw I work in a supermarket at night and I just wait till they close the doors then do my shopping pay by debit card so the people counting the cash draws don't get fucked around and then take it home when I finish at 4am.

Why do old people like checks so much?

self checkout scale not big enough.

People dont like changing their habits. In the future when paying by inserting the payment dildo into your ass and clenching is the proven safest and most commonly used payment method YOU will be holding up the line while the cashier sets up the ancient credit card scanner.

>a cheque,
I have not seen one of those in the last decade, do you still have to sign credit/debit card bills?

how do you faggots pay rent without cheques

>renting

>paying the landed jew
I have owned my home for 5 years

nope, I'll be right there, paying the same way as the rest.
And I'm not just saying that because I'm a lewd fugboi, I'm also a sheep

>by inserting the payment dildo into your ass and clenching

sounds like it would be very painful

automated bank transfer

Monthly by standing order.

Does a regular payment system not exist in American banking? Makes paying bills so much easier then writing out cheques all the time.

See it's shit like this that really gets to me

>not paying everything by card
>not having automatic transfers set up for bills and services
>have to carry around a stack of useless paper besides actual bills
>fucking have to have a pen as well
>fuck security

How do you people pay your mobile plan bill for example? Do you snailmail the cheque for your rent?

I've gone like 3 months at a time without having _any_ kind of cash on me because I can pay everything with a card

Jesus fucking Christ I shouldn't get this mad from a cu/ck/ thread
>I mad

>lady spending 5 minutes searching for her wallet when it is time to pay up
>fumbling for exact change

Seriously, who gives a fuck? You're in line until their transaction is over. Couponing or having to look up specific produce is more aggravating than the 30 seconds it takes to write out a check.

Oh, by the way, most businesses use checks to pay subcontractors and employees (although the latter it's moreso a log, because of automatic deposit)

My parents still pay for the majority of their things via cheque. Mind you, my parents are pretty "up" with technology nowadays. My dad has an iPhone 6S and my mom has an iPhone 6. They just like doing things their own way.

it used to annoy me, but fuck it. I hope I can remained as hardened and steadfast as my father when I hit my 50s.

One time we were at chickfila in the morning (breakfast) and he ordered a chickfila sandwich and waffle fries (a lunch-dinner option). The cashier looked at him and said "sir, it's breakfast time." My dad said "Yeah, I know" and just stared at her. Needless to say, my dad got his lunch meal at 9 AM. I could tell it physically pained the bitch behind the counter to say "my pleasure"

TL;DR fuck you OP

>niggers paying with food stamps

ive stopped going to wal mart all together

one time in my life i had to pay a place that only took checks. what a fucken hassle, i had to order checks from the bank and they only send out a box of them. after waiting for it to arrive i used one goddamn check and the rest went in the trash.

>we dont accept cash, only check or money order

literally what

There's no lunch food cooked at that time you dumbass, who the fuck lies about their dad so he seems cool.

idk where you live, but in the south, CFA is required to give the customer what they want. I'm not trying to make my dad seem cool. He's the farthest thing from cool, he just does whatever he wants.

After you shredded them correct?

What's wrong with a check? All you need to do now a days is sign them you don't even need to write the number in. It takes like 5 seconds

Uses cheques and Apple products, they really are morons.

America is like a mirror into the past.

It's 2016, I mean come one.

>tax exempion forms
These are bar none the worst. Anyone had to stand behind these people?

I cannot understand why people still go to supermarkets to shop. I've shopped online for about 3 years now, never had 1 problem.

Shop online
>spend 15 minutes ordering it at your computer whilst you shitpost on Veeky Forums and do other things
>arrives at your door at a specific time
>put it in the fridge

Supermarket
>drive to supermarket
>spend 45 minutes walking round putting everything into a cart
>put it on the till
>put it back in the cart
>put it in your car
>drive home
>take it out of the car and bring it into your house
>put it away

I just cannot understand why you do this. The only thing I can think of is that you're all stubborn old people.

That's not available in America.

Have fun playing with your HTC in the unemployment line. Cunt

Yes it is.

>"chip" cards

Damn you're mad. Why don't you get your parents to fax me a sternly worded letter.

You seem very unforgiving of other peoples imperfections and if we were in a couple you would probably frequently make me cry.
Please change your attitude

It does. Just not as many people do it than write out paper checks every month.

First, what does a joke about mining have to do with paying rent and secondly, like ,
I own my home. It's always cheaper to own than it is to rent. Always. And unlike shitty landlords, banks, insurance and property tax can always be paid paperless. And, at that, only really old landlords who smell of hospital halls have yet to go paperless.

Yes it is and it's worth the $8 service charge and the minimal $5 of savings you lost out on due to shopping online.

>$8 service charge
Here it's free if you spend over £40

No friend, choosing to be a nuisance to other people isn't spousal abuse and fuck you for belittling the real victims out there.

If I subsisted mainly on packaged stuff, I would go with online ordering, but I don't.
I don't trust others to choose my produce or meat for me, even if supermarkets really give only the illusion of choice. I'd rather have the option to choose which of the twenty trays of brisket looks best or which head of cabbage looks like it'd be the tastiest than give that decision to some third party I've never met and will never know.

is that the women who challenged Tim to a cook off?

SOON?

recode.net/2016/5/10/11649920/jet-fresh-groceries-online-delivery
>The heavily funded startup just added fresh groceries like milk, fruit and meats to its offering for some customers, in an effort to take a crack at a tiny, but growing, e-commerce sector that Amazon has yet to dominate. Jet will have the groceries delivered in one to two days, depending on when they are ordered, and delivery will be free for orders of more than $35 during what Jet is calling a "pilot test," according to an email sent to some customers.

>The pilot test is available to customers living in at least some parts of Manhattan and Hudson County, N.J., based on a quick Zip Code check I conducted. A Jet rep said the company is testing the service in 875 Zip Codes in total spread throughout New York City, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Washington, D.C. Most of the Zip Codes are concentrated in New Jersey and D.C., he said.

>The move into groceries will pit Jet against online grocery services like Peapod and FreshDirect in the tri-state area, as well as Amazon and same-day delivery startup Instacart. Jet, which only launched widely in July, is hoping the offering will attract new customers, while building loyalty among people who have already tried the service.

>Amazon's Fresh service requires a $299 membership fee, which also includes perks of Amazon's Prime service, but is only available in a handful of metro areas

money.us/1OkXEbc
>Walmart will begin offering a two day shipping subscription service for a $49 annual fee, The Wall Street Journal reports, putting it at about half the price of Amazon Prime. Walmart also announced Thursday that it is expanding its grocery pick-up service to new markets.

The checks are bad but worse is that every single old lady needs to read through the entire receipt before they leave as if the supermarket is trying to scam them.
I had this old bag of shit complain to the cashier that her $10 donation bag of groceries wasn't itemized
Dafuq! It's a donation bag of groceries, who the fuck cares whats in it. You're the one who decided to donate

Hurry up grandma! I have to go home and go on Veeky Forums!

If I see someone leave a cart by my car I put it back and give them dirty looks. Is it really that hard to put your cart back you stupid fat fuck?

People are payed to clean carts off the lot. Trust me, the longer cart pushers get to be outside the better, because standing around bored in the store means you get to clean the shitters instead.

UUUU

>if i see someone not do what they're supposed to do, i passive-aggressively do it for them but never admonish them for their shit behaviour
I don't think I've ever used this word to describe another person before but you, my friend, are the very definition of beta.

>things niggers do

Why quote everyone for you stupid faggot half of those posts didn't have anything to do with you question gosh I bet you're a fucking redditor aren't you?

>People are payed to clean carts off the lot. Trust me, the longer cart pushers get to be outside the better, because standing around bored in the store means you get to clean the shitters instead.
>payed
Speaking from experience, are you?
I somehow doubt you're getting coated in tar for doing it, though.

Hey, we all needed our first job at one point.

You missed the point harder than Shaq with a free throw.

Well I park in the disabled zone and the cart bay is like 6 spaces further away so it counteracts the point of parking in disabled so I leave the trolley in front of my car

>Small town grocery store, more people in it than I've ever seen
>Can hear a child coughing an aisle over, obviously not covering it, can hear the phlegm spewing out
>Come around the corner and see this woman with 3 grubby looking kids
>The one with the cough has his head directly inside the doughnut/bun case coughing
>Mother says nothing
>Get up to the front, there are two cashiers and each one has 5-6 people in line
>I get in line behind the mother and three kids because she only has like 6 items and the other line had a bunch of full carts
>When the time comes for this woman to pay for her shit it turns out she's letting EACH OF HER FUCKING KIDS PAY FOR A SINGLE ITEM
>There's a fucking 10 person line-up by the time she's fucking done
FUCKKK

>I park in the disabled zone
I hope you have a legitimate reason for that faggot

I use stop & shop peapod pickup service. I don't like having a 2-3 hour window to wait for stuff to get delivered, so I order online and just go pick it up when it's ready. Always worth the $3 fee since I can browse the weekly specials much easier through the online website.

e-transfer

It's none of your business what the reason is I have a permit and I'm entitled to use the disabled zones without being judged or without people implying I am breaking the law

That's money we could be saving on groceries, less employees are needed when people put their fucking carts back. Grocery stores should copy aldi and do cart deposits.
What exactly do you do? Probably leave the cart and do nothing. Should I stop them from driving away, drag them out of their car and beat the shit out of them? I'm not a road raging autist. Just letting them know that I saw them being a lazy fuck is enough for me.
Walk it back to the store, cart bays are a by product of people being lazy.

Ha america

It takes like 30 seconds to fill out a check. Calm your tits. If that person was going to be slow with a check, she would be equally slow with cash or credit.

Aww look at the little barbarian

so then you don't have an actual reason

>what do you do
I should preface by telling you I have Parkinson's and Lupus and walk with a tripodal cane. Now, I'll tell you that I honestly do take an abandoned cart and put it back into its corral while telling the jerkface who left it "if a disabled guy can do it, so can you," usually followed by an expletive phrase such as "you fucking asshole" or something similar.

Once, a guy got in my face about it. I challenged him to take a swing at the cripple and see how that would work out for him, with the cameras capturing an able-bodied person assaulting a disabled guy. He didn't.
I'm not generally confrontational, but I detest when able-bodied people take that shit for granted. I also hate fat people who take the go-carts from the shop entrance that are intended for the disabled and elderly and not fatty-fatty-fat-fats.

If I'm feeling too unwell to return the cart myself, I'll let someone know at checkout that I may need help and they bring it back for me. You can do that.

Holy shit this
>mfw they pay telephone,electric,water bank,sevices bills

Do you have a permit for aspergers or some other bullshit disability because you seem pretty fucking defensive about this.

meant for

You are doing good work, user. If I was disabled I would want to spend a lot of time antagonizing the lazy.

Aw, that gives me the warm and fuzzies.
I'll make you a martini. Shaken, of course.

OP here. Im a homeowner

No FUCK you and your cheque writing ass. Stay the fuck out of the express lane with your bullshit.

>how do you faggots pay rent without cheques
on the internet like a fucking adult

I happen to pay my employees with paper checks, I wonder what they do them?

It was a common and trusted method of payment some time ago. A checking account was the equivalent of credit back in the day.

>when paying by inserting the payment dildo into your ass and clenching is the proven safest and most commonly used payment method

one can only hope for a better future..#bernie2016 #fucktrump

not being a small business owner, never been to costco and had to pay for the all office and break room supplies ...by check..fml

had one when I was a teenager in late 70's. we called them "bank cards"

cheques are still widely common in France. Way safer than electronic shit that double bill you every week on purpose.

Remove that pic user or you'll get banned. This is a SFW board you Silly Billy

>America so backwards and primitive that they can't figure out a simple technology that's been used flawlessly by the first world for twenty years or more

The one thing that grinds my gears is people who use 15 or more at speedy checkout.
It's a bit autism i know bit jfc its ment for a few items usually around 10 or less not your whole bag friedchickennesha.

>every single grocery isle moves at a glacial pace
>store turns more checkouts into speedy checkouts and ups from 8 to 15 items
>checkouts run even slower than before

I hate this city.

>needing a boat to get to the groceries

i only have a hand basket
I know your pain and how do they make it slower?

Just cause it's new doesn't make it better
Are we all prehistoric cavemen for still using paper money?

>sailing in a handbasket

>not sailong on the high seas having an adventure to get to the store.
How boring is your life?

>15 check out lanes
>3 open during peak hours

>being a manlet who fits into a handbasket

>not realizing im lanky enough to fold myself in one.
Nice meme text fatso

>not folding yourself into an airplane
>not flying to the grocery isle

>get off work at 5 AM
>go into grocery (meijer where I live) to buy a few things
>they're stocking the shelves still
>they stare at you like you're an asshole for going in the store when it's not busy
>feel like a jerk because I stepped on the floor right after the old tired Mexican lady mopped it