Helping retards

This thread is for actually useful information that 4kids might not have guessed.

To start, if it smells fine, it is fine.

Some things cook better at a lower than max heat

You're almost certainly undersalting your pasta water. It should taste like the sea.

I don't salt my pasta water so I can use more Romano cheese later.

Veg is necessary for flavour, meat is not great on it's own.

I like this, I made that mistake when I was younger.

The salitness in Romano cheese is not going to season the pasta. Heavily salting the water won't make the pasta salty, it will just make it taste more like pasta.

Yeah I guess that would be true for thicker pastas, but I usually eat angel hair 99% of the time so it probably doesn't matter as much.

It does. Season your pasta.

>' Romano cheese '

Surely you disgusting Americans will put it on 'noodles'

Okay, I'll try it next time but I don't think it'll matter too much. People say the same thing about putting salt in bread dough, but I learned I prefer it without salt.

Why are you begging for attention? :(

Some noodles are pasta. Some pasta is noodles.

>Why are you begging for attention? :(

I just want attention senpai, thanks for noticing!

Nah.

Spaghetti is both pasta and noodle. Udon is a noodle that isn't a pasta. Rigatoni is a pasta that isn't a noodle.

Except real pasta is exclusively made from durum wheat. Noodles can be made from anything. Pasta is not a variety of noodle and vice versa.

A noodle made from durum wheat is a pasta noodle.

No it is pasta, it is really obvious. Made from durum wheat? Pasta. Made from something else? Not pasta. You seem to have an interest in defending 'noodles'.

don't you two have anything better to do

I really don't. Pretty sad, I know.

*Frisk just stop.

Nah, I am extremely drunk. I am having fun. How 'bout you bb?

Some noodles are both noodles and pasta. They aren't mutually exclusive. They're two sets than contain some overlap.

that* contain

I'm not sure if you are retarded. I will say it as plainly as possible.

Pasta is made from durum wheat. If it is made from durum wheat then it is pasta.

If it is not made fom durum wheat then it is not pasta.

Exactly, that's what I'm saying. If it's a noddle that is made from durum wheat it's both a pasta and a noodle.

Noodles only exist because Whitey allows it. Pasta takes precedence, noodles can't be pasta.

Yes they can. Noodles are defined by their shape; pasta, by its ingredients.

>pasta, by its ingredients.

Good job Einstein, you stated what I have been saying the entire time. You are not a smart kid.

No, that's what I've been saying.

No, it's what I was saying you were not saying. Until you said what I was saying.

I said what I said.

It was all wrong, why don't you listen anymore? This relationship isn't going to work. Goodbye, I'll always think of you when someone calls pasta noodles.

Don't rinse pasta after boiling, sauce will stick to pasta better because of starches still on the pasta.

But some pasta is noodles.

I won't be drawn back into your web of past/noodle deceit. Please, let us part ways as friends.

>OP starts potentially useful thread
>zero useful replies after the first few minutes
>morons spend 3 hours arguing about ramen

Never change, Veeky Forums.

>Wikipedia

Test your oil with an ice cube, too low of a temp will make your food oily.

[citation needed]

I'm not going to reply to you any more. Our love has passed. I will miss you though. xxx

are you trying to trick me

Pasta is a noddle you stupid niggers

Save your vegetable scraps (ends, peels, etc...) to make stock. Save up a batch that will fit in your largest pot, use the freezer, and when you have enough simmer them all in water for a couple hours. Once it's cooked down strain out the vegetables and you have a nice bit of veggie stock for soups or other uses.

lol, look at this faggot trying to be a useful contributor. PASTA IS NOT NOODLES.

this is false when it comes to certain things, like botulism from fucked up cans usually is odorless and is detected by sight. If you are too lazy to look something up smell is decent indicators, but you may not have a great sense of smell either. it can depend on your personal experiance a lot.

When you are cooking scrambled eggs plate them 10/15s (20/25s or longer if the plate is warmed) before they are done how you like - they will continue to cook on the plate. Also add the salt after cooking, there is some sciencey stuff on this.

ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! WE'RE JUST COOKING SOME EGGS YOU STUPID BACKWARD WANKERS SO GET ON WITH IT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT! ON THE HEAT! OFF THE HEAT!

Why would I want a stock with dirt?

it's okay to be homosexual, it's a mental illness, you can't help it.

You can shock clean your hot oil pan by thworing in some ice cubes.

I wanted to eat some ribs badly but couldn't get a whole of fresh spareribs so I bought precooked stuff. I don't know if it will taste good or bad but can you guys give me any recommendations to improve the inevitably bad ribs?

Slather them in a sauce that you like and hope for the best.

For the minerals, you numbskull.

Finally some useful advice.