Anyone into making smoothies? I made a blueberry one earlier today

anyone into making smoothies? I made a blueberry one earlier today

A simple banana smoothie is enough for me

I usually have a kale and cranberry smoothie in the morning,

>so thick it stays in the glass when upside-down

that's not a smoothie, user.

OP must be in australia!

made a smoothie earlier today
it had blueberries, cherries, strawberries, red grapes, lime, coconut, chia seeds, and unsweetened cranberry juice

I have a pre-workout smoothie with yogurt, skim milk, ground flax, brotein powder, stevia, and frozen mixed berries. Lately kale had been showing up in my smoothies although I didn't remember adding it. Turns out in some places they sell bags of mixed berries and kale together.

I don't get the idea of smoothies. Why don't just eat the fruit?

I don't get the idea of ketchup. Why don't just eat the tomato?

How about the fact that they're an ungodly amount of delicious

It is my breakfast every day. 5 (frozen) Bananas and 5 medjool dates with water. Sometimes I will use coconut water if I want the extra potassium/calories. Will also sometimes add a couple of Brazil nuts if I want some extra selenium.
Never get tired of it.

it would take me over an hour to eat all the vegetables and fruit I put into my smoothies.

Fruit smoothies saved my marriage. It brought a spark back into our marriage and opened up a channel of communication. It made my kids happier as I spend more time with them in the morning. I like to believe it stopped my wife from straying when she is conversation with coworkers or anyone else off the street her sipping on my smoothie or just carrying the cup reminds her of me.

Feels great guys.

woah are you in a bizarro universe?

Yes. It's called Australia
Cunt

I make hella good smoothies, really enjoy making them.

Used coconut water, regular milk, soya milk and orange/apple juice, soya milk tastes the best I think. Don't use fruit juice unless the final colour of the smoothie is gonna be yellow/orange, in this circumstance use a pear instead of yoghurt or it'll taste like shit. Something about citric acid and dairy fats I guess.

Always put in the broken up banana and the yoghurt first, if you have a bunch of clumped frozen fruit at the bottom it doesn't always blend properly and you need to waste time with spoonwork. I default to plain greek yoghurt from the tub, but if you use a flavoured yoghurt pot or 2 instead it's great, less cost efficient though.

You can include wheat germ, nuts, oats and the like for an earthier texture and flavour, I tend not to bother though. More filling but less refreshing.

Good 2-fruit combos are mango/pineapple, strawberry/banana (an extra banana, all smoothies should have one banana as a baseline) blueberry/strawberry, blackberry/raspberry, you should be able to get mixed frozen fruit baggies at the supermarket or whatever which are convenient for these purposes.

As long as you get the consistency right and don't put and glaring mismatches in it should all be good. Avoid tart and bitter fruits.

finishing off the remaining bit of my smoothie from earlier today

try using cucumber/apple
probably my favorite summer smoothie

Okay Veeky Forums, I have a question. I have jaw surgery in about a week and for a week afterwards I won't be able to chew at all, smoothies or thick liquids only. What kind of stuff do you recommend for a smoothie that isn't a fruit or vegetable only smoothie? Or cream-of soups, those as well.

if you get tired of smoothies make stock or bone broth
add soft/short noodles of soak small pieces of bread and suck them down

>spinach
>some type of milk
>yogurt
>banana

You're gonna wanna make sure whatever smoothie you make gets strained user. If that shit gets in your stitches you are going to be in a world of pain. (More than you will be anyway.)

Also take your pain meds every 4 hours on the dot, if you let it run dry you will be begging to be put back on a morphene drip. Trust me, I know.

Oh for sure. No way am I gonna skimp on my meds, that would be fucking stupid. I'll be sure to strain stuff if it needs to be, I got prescribed some chlorhexidine mouthwash so that'll be helpful for keeping stuff clean as well after brushing.

I had my top and bottom jaw done so it was extremely hard to open my mouth and swallow so also make sure you have plenty of broken ice to keep your fluids up and get a tablet cutter.

If you have any questions I could probably answer them.

Does your nose run blood after the surgery, or is it more stuffed and it doesn't really come out too much? Wondering if I should have a tissue box near me or take some precautions so I don't bleed everywhere while I sleep.

I ordered some Soylent for after the surgery for the few days, just so I won't have to drink liquefied meat or something silly. If that goes well I'll probably tell my surgeon about it and recommend it as a substitute, but I'm not sure about that yet. Also because I'm curious as to how it tastes.

Why? Is your jaw broken?

blueberry shills at it again.

>blueberry shills
That's the funniest thing I've read all day. It's blueberry season now so I don't see why it's a bad thing.

No, I just don't mess around when I make my smoothies.

I'm onto you big blueberry

Oh god yeah, if you're getting your upper jaw done there will be a lot of swelling around your nasal cavity so you'll have breathing tubes up there. But you will spend a lot of time after that with tissues up your nose to stop blood noses.

Pssttt. I heard you guys like blueberries. Well we've finally been able to afford dial-up so expect a lot more blueberry posts!

aren't you gonna need some protein daily after a jaw surgery? you won't be able to taste much anyways.

That's me as well, I thought that might be an issue so I decided to go with Soylent for that time because it's technically an all in one meal replacement. Don't want to use it too much though because the faster I start using my jaw afterwards the faster it'll heal.

Don't fall for the pureed jew. Stay woke. Fruit is just nature's candy. You will not get swole on it except fat.

I get pretty lean replacing a lot of things with green apples and banana.

Swerve! Miss me with that, JIDF!

My jaw can't liquefy kale, frozen fruits, ginger and broccoli like my blender can.. and definitely not faster.

this is similar to what I do. 10 spotty, unzipped bananas and a couple of dates with soy milk. tastes good man.

But your stomach can't hold an hour's worth of chewing.

Keto shill detected

That's not how it works

At all

I'll make it easier for your brain to process.

If you had a smoothie with enough fruit and vegetables in it that it would take an hour to chew them, it would be too much to drink.

Again, that is not how it works, at all. Cooking literally negates this entire idea

Its also why you drink it slowly and not fucking guzzle it down in 10 seconds