Coinbase is completely draining customers' bank accounts. Straight up theft...

Coinbase is completely draining customers' bank accounts. Straight up theft. What the fuck would Coinbase going belly up do to the market?

reddit.com/r/CoinBase/

Other urls found in this thread:

gemini24.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004710066-What-is-the-difference-between-ACH-and-Wire-Transfers-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

this is way funnier than it should be

There's a reason I quit using them and never linked my bank account.

Potentially catastrophic though.

thanks just double charged 100k

yup only planned on linking it when i cash out in a few years then closing that account after its in a different account

well, luckily i have less then a dollar in that account because of paranoia of things like this.

the funny thing is this is been happening for a while too.

I have never had to waiit more than 24 hours to make a purchase on coinbase. I hate the site for the high fees and only use localbitcoin nowadays before anyone accuses me of being a shill. Why do American banks take so much longer than European banks? SEPA payments almost always clear before noon of the next business day.

buy the dip?

how much of the market transactions does it account for?

Or use a site like Gemini. Less fees.

Kek
Reddit soyboy niggers getting rekt.

true

lol yeah, I'd be pretty happy about another dip honestly.

>still using coinbase
>2018.

welcome to crypto newfags

I have my bank account linked to my coinbase but all my funds are in binance. Am I safe from this recent fiasco?

i buy straight from my checking account.

bought $550 a couple days ago for a $10 fee

that seems pretty good to me. and the free transfers out of the account are good, too. no extra bank charges, either. how much cheaper is Gemeni than that?

Not sure, but it's THE go-to exchange for new normies to get into our ponzi. Coinbase goes boom=no more greater fools for a while.

Double check your bank account and make sure you haven't been double charged for purchases through CB

no your bank account going to get drain to zero

tfw you realize there are people this retarded.

They are stealing funds from bank accounts. Doesn't matter where your funds are, they are literally dipping their hands in people's accounts and pulling the money out.

i'm a new

wat is coin base?

does anyone know if its just debit/credit card purchases being affected , or just all methods of payment like buying through bank account? some of the stuff is insane. "i had nothing in my account and as soon as my paycheck was deposited they took it all out"

hell of an "error"

try cobinhood

Coinbase is fine stop fuddin

Lots of people with ScotiaBank huh? Sounds like their bank might suck dick

not if they’re buying more with the extra funds

Lol these retards probably clicked the repeat button.

$550 buy on Gemini would have cost you $1.37 plus free deposits and withdrawals. You’re getting butt pumped

Is this thread just up to get that subreddit views?
Nice fud

Not sure user. Yeah scary stuff is happening.
If the most normie-friendly exchange exit scams, market confidence will fucking plummet.

Whew, got to close my open linked accounts, and doesn’t seem I got fucked with.. just transferred all my ETH to geth and BTC to binance so I can scoop some alts like last week. This is fucked for crypto tho, kinda sketched out rn

Yeah that's how I make money. Giving Coinbase's subreddit views.

does it show up on my bank account as an ACH withdraw with $0 fees from my bank, too?

Ok.. I’ll consider it

Not once have I ever had a problem with coinbase. I think most people are mentally retarded when it comes to dealing with cryptos and entering information on websites. I do agree coinbase is shit but I've never had a problem with it.

I have a feeling this is normie Reddit users that clicked more purchases
during slow transactions and now they're claiming they got double charged

yup, you can do direct transfers if you wanna do more than $500 per day but that will cost extra

alright well. from what I can read ONLY debit card purchases have been affected. if you've bought anything straight from bank account or credit card everything seems to be just fine.

Checked both my bank and credit union accounts that are linked and I see nothing out of the ordinary. I think these guys just did some retard norman shit and double purchased or something. Maybe set up a monthly purchase deal

same here. only real problem is about 2 weeks for an ACH withdrawl from BOA, but when i'm patient it's pretty good. haven't heard of gemini, tho. trying to find out if they're instant buys use ACH withdrawals and no bank fees, too.

I just removed my linked bank account and phone number, am i safe?

I thought Fiat wasn't implemented yet. At least not for USD.

Same but this is probably some discord targeted fake news FUD lets be real

Burn any ID documents you sent them to verify your account just to be safe.

>if you wanna do more than $500 per day but that will cost extra

the website looks like it uses wire transfers, not ACH withdrawals.

wire transfers cost money on the banks end.

why do you say that, just for having bank accounts linked? I have my account linked to gemini as well, and my license on bittrex/binance, how fucked am I, give precise details

>trying to find out if they're instant buys use ACH withdrawals and no bank fees, too.
they do, but it takes 6 days to clear. But you can trade for crypto instantly, it will just put a hold on your coins until the ACH clears

Just checked my bank account, they double charged me from last week, but they also gave me the money back.

and also: no one did anything stupid like double click a transaction. seemingly charging people out of the blue for transactions made a month ago that were already cleared and dead

What? How?

>being this stupid
Its happening, I hope Coinbase chokes in their own blood

Same feelings here. I’ve spent maybe $3K on there since early January, my most recent purchase being $300 Eth a few days ago. My bank account is fine.

>they do, but it takes 6 days to clear

so it is a regular ACH transfer with the wait? not instant? the 1.49% fee from coinbase is for an instant buy with ACH withdrawal, so that's not comparable.

darn.

You can do ACH withdrawals for free I’m pretty sure, and yeah my bad for not clarifying, your bank will charge you for a wire transfer but Gemini won’t

gemini24.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004710066-What-is-the-difference-between-ACH-and-Wire-Transfers-

For what purpose?

Fire works pretty well for burning stuff.

Got it, thx

We are verifying your identity and will be in touch shortly. Gemini is currently experiencing extremely high application volume and there may be delays as the compliance team completes the review of your application.
Jan 29 2018 at 9:52:06 PM

I hate coinbase so much
they stopped allowing me to cash out, not I unironically can only cash out $40 at a time + fees even though Im verfied and mail their support

Lol at the state of crypto

Any negative news is just fudding. So many people here are just sticking their fingers in their ears and going "LALALA I CANT HEAR YOU"

Dumb bread

How does it even work? Someone can just take money from your bank account in usa if they have the number? How weird

Redditors are retarded.

This same thing happened to me, I made a $200 purchase on Coinbase and it charged me twice, I checked my bank account and the second charge was clearly a temporary charge. At first I was upset and then I realized the charge would go away in a day, and it did.

Thought it was weird at first, but businesses do transactions like this all the time.

Pushing their own platform or referrals on a certain platform, hoping to get the market to drop, etc

I honestly have no idea. Looks like it.

There's people reporting x3, x5 and even x12 charges.
Another guy says his account was empty, and as soon as he received his paycheck, it got instantly taken by Coinbase. All of it.
This looks like more than a bunch of retards making a mistake.

I bought with debit card last week and yesterday and so far no double charges

just googled wire transfers and the cost still doesn't beat coinbase for instant buys from bank accounts. at least not for bank of america. it's about $20 more. and a lot more than that if these are international wire transfers, not sure where gemini draws from.

but i'll still look into Gemini, thanks for the tip. i've never had troubles with coinbase except during the BCH launch disaster.

Is Kraken shit?

I have never had issues with it, why don't other people use it?

Yes, a US based company led by prominent public figures is blatantly stealing from their customers.

Fuck off faggots. Double charges are normal. Maybe they are having issues with their system, but anyone who thinks they are purposely stealing with no intent to return is sub 80 IQ confirmed

Assuming this only affects americucks?

Thanks for (((correcting the coinbase record)))

gemini allows for 500 a day in ach transfers

No idea. I don't use coinbase at all.

It is often inaccessible when there's lots of price action.
But for European bank transfers, there are not many other options

ach deposits. withdraws are 100k per day i believe

i don't usually buy if i can't afford less than $500 but here's how it seems...

gemini - instant buy from bank account is a wire transfer with no fee from gemini. but wire transfers cost a pretty penny from bank of america

coinbase - instant buys are 1.49% but done as ach transfers with no fees on the bank end.

the sum of fees is less on coinbase.

Whenever I want to do a SEPA transfer abroad I notify the manager of my account who calls me to confirm in the following half-hour.
I would use Kraken because fuck those fees but those shitters still can't clear me the level 3.

sounds more like incompetence than theft to me
maybe i'm in denial because yuropoor so this is my only way to cash out (bitstamp is shitting the bed as well lately)
we'll see

How the fuck do you "accidentally" double, triple, and even dodecuple charge people when nearly everything is automated these days?

>gemini - instant buy from bank account is a wire transfer with no fee from gemini.
no its an ach transfer, you link your bank account same a coinbase

If it was theft my bank would have been calling already, they do for anything crypto related

>yet another example of retards getting scammed, screwed over and ripped off
>from the computer code 'coins', the exchanges and then the 'hackers' stealing money people are being robbed at every level

Whats the upside of crypto again? Im confused because I still don't even understand the point. To facilitate secure transactions? How secure do you really feel with this entire scam industry draining your bank accounts?

What's wrong with Bitstamp?

They confirmed everything for me in three days and I'm a filthy immigrant so idk. It's been pretty good so far but fuck moving bitcoins is expensive.

by affirmative actioning pajeets and women in your IT department
many such cases

I can fuel my gambling addiction and actually make gains

BTFO

Reminder, Coinbase hate stems from hateful BTC SegWit supporters

They just hate Coinbase for adding BCH support

FUD

this. fucking san francisco is a shithole.

>no its an ach transfer

someone up there just said you still have to wait for the ACH to clear before you can transfer your coins out of gemini, tho.

Have you ever actually converted your crypto currency back into usd/local currency at a profit into your bank account?

had friends report extremely long holds for deposits and withdrawals in december. perhaps this isn't accurate anymore, at the time it spooked me enough i stopped short of getting verified with them

they can't withdraw for shit if you link your bank account (European) without any visa or credit card ...

also wire sending/receiving "sepa transaction" is roughly 1 day max 2 and costs 15 cent

... you Americans sure be fucked

Motherfucker. I saw this thread and went to see my bank account just in case. they had charged 85e from me but at least had returned it back.

Then what do you use for crypto purchases?

I cashed out my initial investment in december. Now it's all bonus, million or nothing baby