Taking a woman you like out on a dinner date

Ill be a bit honest with myself...despite working in many top establishments I really have no fucking clue what the trends are. I want to bring this lady I like out but I don't know where to bring her that would really WOW here...but I don't even know what places are impressive to bring someone to. I'm not looking for a specific restaurant maybe just a type of place what cuisine is really going right now?

Korean Barbecue is pretty in right now. Not like where the Japanese chop up vegetables in front of you, but where you cook your own thinly sliced meat and stuff at your table.

Your thinking of hibachi...I know the difference lmao but thanks

Why don't you just cook for her?

Whatever it is, bitches love it.

Meh I cook all fucking day in and day out. Plus I don't want to come off as a pretentious meme cooking for her. Its a good idea actually as I'm pretty decent if not good. I will consider this.

no one on Veeky Forums can cook, that's why

wine bar with tapas and charcuterie

this gives you
1. An intimate setting
2. a variety of items to choose from
3. an opportunity to show off a little bit of food knowledge
4. an opportunity to test her character a little, see how far she's willing to go on the bone marrow and pungent cheese

op here
>Implying I'm willing to eat bone marrow

This is a good one.

Or perhaps to an oyster bar.

if bone marrow is outside of your comfort zone I'm really not sure why you decided to work with food

"Wow" her by taking her somewhere delicious. Don't take her to Benihanas or something stupid like that, take her to really good thai or something. Feed her something she's never had.

I don't know what benihanas is and the plan is to bring her to someplace that is an actually restaurant no chains, or cheap food. I am digging the cook for her idea though...hmm

Both are good ideas. I'd just suggest you don't try a new recipe if you end up cooking for her. Or anything really hard or time consuming.

cooking for her is 3rd date material. Dates need to change settings, you start at dinner then go play mini golf or something with the ultimate goal of getting her into your house at which point...the implication

if you already started at your house there is nowhere to go, which would mean a premature implication

Definitely not. I'm actually stuck on the cooking for her idea. Shes a nice lady... I'm trying to formulate a plan now...based on weather.. It might be a big chilly that day so I'm considering a nice wellington maybe a stew... no idea about sides yet and nothing about an ap but I have big plans for dessert.

Yeah, I did that shit once. Was a girl I met at an event who lived like 2 hours away. First date, at my apartment for dinner.

Tried making something I'd never made before that was way outside my comfort zone, but figured I'd try something fancy and really wow her. Wanted dat pussy.

Well, I fucked it right up and wound up having to serve her burnt shit that looked like roadkill that had been set on fire.

I did not get the pussy that night.

First date? Maccas.

Chef Boy-Are-Dumb?

Why not a nice picnic it's simple , sweet , romantic, can be scenic. Hard to fuck up and makes a good story.

Going for activities like movies or skating makes her think that you are assuming shes boring and need something to fill the silence

>just a type of place what cuisine is really going right now?
Just kill yourself user...jesus...

>>Implying I'm willing to eat bone marrow
Faggot

Food truck. Eat on the sidewalk.

Just take her to discharge firearms, after that, you have either found an interesting person, or a vegan. Whatever happens afterwards is just a bonus.

How many people posting in this thread have ever been on a date? How many have been on successful dates?

I haven't, but it's obvious that most of the ideas here are cribbed from movies and television.

>dating advice from Veeky Forums.

How do you preserve her corpse for long term use, though? I don't want this to be a one night stand. I hope to enjoy her company for years to come.

cooking for a date is the ultimate pantie dropping...

at home
enough alcohol
on the couch
put some music
bam!

.308 to the brain stem, and immediately field-dress that hoe. Should keep at least a few weeks.

>not owning an Ottoman

Two quick points:

First and most obviously, you should find out what she likes before you plan the menu. I assume you've already got that info, but I wanted to be sure that point got brought up: just because you can make something well doesn't mean she'll like it. Though, paradoxically, it would also be wise to put something in there she hasn't tried before, as it makes her associate you with trying new things, and excitement, yada yada psych bullshit.

The other thing is similar, but a little less obvious to most people: You also probably want to ask if she's okay with the very idea of eating at your place. Because I don't know how many other dates you've been on, and inviting her directly to your house on say, a first date, can seem a little forward/creepy. It puts her in a more vulnerable situation.

Which is not to say it can't be perfectly fine. I've had several first dates that were just dinners at my place, I just always explained it as being a financial/energy/timing thing, to make it clear I wasn't trying to lure them to my house to kidnap/rape/sell them into slavery.

and? how many you earned after selling them? and you reaped before?

good plan my friend... good plan..

>bam!
police raid?

no.. mother open the door of the basement amd pickup the dirty shirts and asking what op want on his sandwich...

Literally it is the most generally appealing flavor you can find. Don't be a fucking pussy. A child would eat it happily. Put it on toast with garlic salt and its basically steak fat flavor

>I have big plans for dessert.
that's good , girls loooove dessert
you can make points here

but at that point you should have at least already kissed her

other point: show her how you cook , make most of the prep.ahead but keep some little stuff to make
girls love to see guys working with sharp.knives and fire

I think a good date is taking her somewhere interesting like a waterfront area with shit going on and a bunch of restaurant choices. Just play it by ear, walk and talk. If someplace looks cool, or she seems interested tell her: "yeah, we should try this place" or something like that. Then you can wander around afterwards and find another interesting place like a cafe or something to get dessert. I think women I've taken on adventure dates like that always have fun. I did. Honestly, I don't think it matters what type of restaurant or cuisine it is for a first date. Picking a specific destination type place is more for down the road. Just have fun. I guarantee you she's more likely to have fun if you're having fun and not trying so hard. Just be decisive when you're in the moment of choosing the place.

You're thinking of teppanyaki, at hibachi joints you cook your own food on a small heating implement

Or has the midwest somehow managed to fuck up this terminology as well?

Women don't want to go to a man's house they don't really know. You could be a rapist or something, drugging the drinks and such. Cooking dates aren't kosher until you're fucking

or alternatively that you are cheap and hate fun

actions can be interpreted in multiple ways, dummy

I get the vibe that you are memeing here but this is actually one of my first date go-tos. You go on a food truck walk and get a little something from everywhere. At any point either of you can kill the date by saying you are full, and if it is going well and that is actually the case, suggest a bar for a drink, then call it a night. It's great

art imitates life dude

conversely, women also watch movies and have come to expect these types of things as part of the social fabric

although honestly doing something that seems a little odd at first is a decent way to test people and intrigue them. dinner and a movie should be a turn off for any woman of substance